Live From the May Repositioning Cruise

DisMagicFan said:
For all of us who are counting the days, hours, minutes, seconds (and maybe even nano-seconds) until we get to leave, can you answer any or all of the following with regards to the repo cruise:

4. Were there any "special" picture packages, or just the regular ones from the other cruise lengths?

7. Was there any special merchandise at Castaway Cay for the repo cruisers?

10. What's the number one thing that you would say August cruisers should remember to pack....anything you realized you wanted and didn't bring, or forgot, etc?

:jumping1:

4. The only different picture package that i noticed was, if you purchased 4 8 by 10s, you could get a free padded picture frame/holder with a corresponding 8 by 10 of Mickey + Minnie, the ship, etc. Now, this may have been standard, but we never bought 4 8 by 10's before. On this cruise, we bought 8 so we got to get 2 of the special 8 by 10 offers.

7. We saw no speecial CC mdse, only Panama Canal mdse on the ship.

10. For us... I would say, remember where you packed your car keys! We still haven't found ours. I think they are still in the night stand of cabin #6076! :rotfl2:

The only other comment I would share is that we found traveling with a lot of luggage overwhelming. We had 4 large suitcases, and our carryons were both roll-ons. You should have seen us the last day of our stay at DL... quite comical! I should have planned our packing much better than I did, but as many of you know, just the fact that we were able to get packed and made it on board was a miracle for us!

Should you forget anything... don't let it ruin your trip! Enjoy each day. The time will fly by before you know it. Above all, enjoy those you're traveling with. The memories will be so very precious.

I just want to say THANK YOU! to everyone who posted on this thread.

I sat in front of my computer last night for what seemed like hours reading this thread and enjoying the pictures. My DD (8) now has a better understanding of what the big to do is about with the Panama Canal.

I was thinkiing about booking the Cliff Divers lunch excursion on our Aug return cruise but since reading that the lunch was not good we'll go on our own have a drink and watch the show.

Please everyone who has just returned, we would love to read more about your excursions. Did you do them on your own or with DCL or did anyone hook-up with a tour guide at any of the ports.

Thanks again, loving this thread.

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm actually scrapbooking our pictures!

Disneypindiva--are you alive out there? Give us an update please! Hope you are okay!

Linda

seaulater said:
Happy Sunday everyone! I'm actually scrapbooking our pictures!

Disneypindiva--are you alive out there? Give us an update please! Hope you are okay!

Linda

Oh Linda! Good for you! I'm envious! So glad someone is being productive. We're still surrounded by our laundry... just can't hobble down the stairs yet with this foot! I'm sure you got LOTS of great pictures!

Yes, Disneypindiva... much pixie dust your way! :wizard:

CM_Mom said:
Bonzie1 - did I miss something? What did you do to your foot?

Friday morning, while running late for work, I smacked my little toe against our laminator machine... Still on our bothroom floor... (which should have been LONG put away! ;) ) The toe swelled up and turned black + blue. It's been wrapped and elevated all weekend with the hopes that it's not broken! I feel so STUPID. I really paid for those last 15 minutes in bed that morning! :rotfl:

The swelling is now down, but I think it may be broken... :guilty: (Better now than BEFORE our great cruise! :flower: But, I was really hoping to get things put away this weekend! :sad2: )

NYdiscruisers said:
There was an article, "Excursions with Grumbo," in the April 15th edition of the SOF newsletter that gave some info on this excursion. The company is Desert Park ATV. website:http://www.loscabosguide.com/activity/despark.htm

We're planning on a snorkel trip in Cabo, so I haven't done any research on this.

BE AWARE!!!!

The water in Cabo is SO cold that most of us on our snorkel trip didn't go in the water- or only went in for a short time. I WOULD recommend going in Curaco- if you stop there. Also there were lots of jelly fish in Cabo!!

Our son refused to go in the water in Cabo and I only went in for a few minutes- and I wasn't the only adult who did this.

icunurse_celeste said:
BE AWARE!!!!

The water in Cabo is SO cold that most of us on our snorkel trip didn't go in the water- or only went in for a short time. I WOULD recommend going in Curaco- if you stop there. Also there were lots of jelly fish in Cabo!!

Our son refused to go in the water in Cabo and I only went in for a few minutes- and I wasn't the only adult who did this.

The water temperatures in Cabo will be much warmer in August than May. And I heard the jellyfish were bad because of the full moon. Don't know how long this lasts but the full moon is August 19, we'll be in Cabo on August 22.

winotracy said:
The water temperatures in Cabo will be much warmer in August than May. And I heard the jellyfish were bad because of the full moon. Don't know how long this lasts but the full moon is August 19, we'll be in Cabo on August 22.

would you know...if we're in cabo on august 18, and full moon is on the 19th, would there be jellyfish the day before? (the 18th?) that wouldn't be good! yikes! :flower:

Did anyone by any chance take a picture of me while I was in the hot seat? I was there by myself that evening. I would love to see a picture if anyone has one.

My son, My husband and two nephews are attacked by Jelly Fish Eggs! The week before the May 28th sailing, there was a Jelly Fish Infestation in Mazatlan. They were gone by the time we were there, however, while there, they layed their eggs. The eggs are difficult to see and they Sting! They have a painful sting! Thank goodness for my oldest nephews swim suit, the eggs tore the swim suit from the outside of his leg to his croch - He was Very Thankful!! :blush: A Mexican woman at the beach rinsed them with bottled water, placed alcohol on the sting area and sprayed them with WD-40. She said that the WD-40 acted as a silicone to protect the skin. Instantly, the sting stopped burning. By that time, everyone was ready to go back to the ship! :flower:

Susie... sorry, but I was not there while you were in the seat... Brandy was on stage as part of the panel and her husband Steve searched around the ship to find me with my camera as hers was DEAD.. by the time I got there, I guess you were already off as I didn't see you on the stage. Did you win any money?

ssnyder said:
Did anyone by any chance take a picture of me while I was in the hot seat? I was there by myself that evening. I would love to see a picture if anyone has one.

Susie

Were you at the early or late show?

Elaine

Advice please - did y'all need local currency for the stops - or does the almighty US $ serve anywhere? :confused3
Allan

big cheeser said:
Advice please - did y'all need local currency for the stops - or does the almighty US $ serve anywhere? :confused3
Allan

Allan

We used US $ in every port we went to.

Elaine

Do you need to sign up for the martini/wine/etc tasting sessions? Also, is there an extra charge for these?

Thanks...
Jess :drinking:

Gupsmom said:
Do you need to sign up for the martini/wine/etc tasting sessions? Also, is there an extra charge for these?

Thanks...
Jess :drinking:

Yes it's a ticketed event. You'll need to go to or call guest services to sign up. It's usually $12pp per event.

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Allan

We used US $ in every port we went to.

Elaine

Many thanks Elaine - that removes one problem :teeth: ----- and we like Josh as well!

Allan & Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter