• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from BCV (high speed)...

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
High Speed works great. Easy to set-up.

Checked in around 2pm. Room was not ready, however we were assured that our room was non-smoking. No room ready policy today to speak of. We were told that our room had been pre-assigned.

Went to International Gateway to purchase new APs. Called at 2:50pm... Room Ready...:bounce:

We have a nice Epcot view, non-smoking, overlooking the road and infamous oval. What is the purpose of that thing..:rolleyes:

Anyway, we have a great view of the construction for Soaring. DW and ds (23 mo) are taking a nap.

I will try to make the chat 2nite, if we choose not to walk over for Illuminations. Upper 50s today.. I have seen some people wearing scarves!!!!! Winter Coats and Sweatshirts are the norm. s/b in 70s tomorrow..

Edward

Good to hear from you.
Hope you have a wonderful time....wish I was there !!
I'll be there in May......2 br. Hope I will get a great view too!!!
:wave2:

As a member, how much are they charging for the high speed?

Originally posted by jaysue
What is the infamous oval?

thanks
jaysue

It is an 'oval' shaped cement walk that goes nowhere and doesn't connect to anything. You can see it on the bit of lawn between the resort and the roadway when you have an epcot view room. :earsgirl:

Thanks Judique - I have walked the oval!

Yes, DW and I walked that way and thought it was placed by Space Aliens or something and then had to walk back around - it was a nice nightwalk though

thanks
jaysue

How are the buses? There was a post recently saying they were going to change the bus route. BC and YC would have there own bus and BW and S and D were supposed to heve there own bus.

I, like PeteLachall, would like to know about the infamous BUS situation as well!!!!

PS Have a GREAT TIME!!!!!

Ok here goes...

1. Supposedly it is $9.95 for 24 hours. I have not seen my bill yet, but others have posted that it did not even show up. But we are willing to pay $9.95 a couple times.

2. The Oval. That is very weird.

3. We overlook the road, but we can not hear anything when the door is shut.

4. Room 544 - Studio Lockoff - Designated as Epcot View. We have a great view SE, and a partial view when looking to the right of Illuminations.

5. Bus Transportation - We always drive ourselves, but we "tested" it out. We walked thru Epcot and took the monorail to MK on Monday. We then took the bus back to BCV after MK closed. 5 hotels, 1 Bus Stop.. 1 bus every 10 minutes or so, and BCV was the 4th stop. We walked out the MK at 7:35 and got to our room at 9:15. Never Again!!!! The Bus Service is still terrible in our opinion. We only had to let one bus leave MK before we got on, but the stops at the S & D are rediculous when you consider that they are not even Disney Hotels. I think that the S&D should have their own route. Maybe combine BW and Y&BC , but honestly they each need their own. To the driver's credit, she did ask if there were any BW guests on the bus, and gave them the "tip" to get off at the Swan and walk across the bridge.

Most did not take this advice, because they had sleeping kids in tow..

Any other questions? It off to visit my FIL this afternoon, and then the necessary shopping trip to DTD!!!

Edward

We went to MK Friday and Sunday and the bus route was shared by all hotels with 5 stops. Swan or Dolphin (I never recall which was first) ,Yacht Club,Beach Club,Boardwalk.

oval.jpg

This picture was taken from room 546, the 1BR right next to 544.

There have been a number of explanations, from leftover concrete to alien artifact. Last year I saw someone wearing a Mickey costume standing in the middle of the oval under a full moon on Walt Disney's birthday during Illuminations, and as he raised his gloved hand a bolt of white light shot out...

I don't remember anything after that.

Thanks for the Oval Picture Erik. Yup that is my view.

This is also what it looked like on our first night.

1st time posting a pic, so I hope it works.
538balcony_view.JPG

Wow! Great picture, Edward!! Wish I were there!

And, I totally agree about the Swan/Dolphin situation. I can understand, from Disney's perspective, why they do it the way they do IF they are obligated to provide transportation for the S/D guests. But, it sure is irritating to have to pull in, pull out, stop, and start -- twice -- for one or two (and sometimes 0) guests. I found myself thinking, why don't they provide their own route. And, it was particularly irritating when we had to stand with young children.

IMO, transportation is the one area they need to address for the Epcot resorts.

Pat

Got back a week ago and had the same problem. We were at the BWV and it took a min of 45 to an hour and a half to get to our destinations by bus. The BW was always the last stop coming and going and we had 2 tired kids in tow. All of this to pick up 1 or 2 passengers or 0. My son began to scream on a trip home one time after having to sit so long on one bus. I couldn't calm him. It was a miserable mess. We decided to get off at the Swan and walk if we ever stay there again. Most of the trip we pushed the stroller to the mono in EPCOT and got to the MK that way. We felt like we had walked for miles and miles, but w/ both kids in the stroller we could really fly and get to our destination quickly. And we didn't have to fold up the stroller on the boats and monorails, just the buses. With sleeping children, that is a real pain. So we had a really bad experience w/ the buses! But on the upside..... We got lots and lots of exercise to work off all of our dinners. LOL.

Thanks for checking in w/ the Disboards though! We just bought BCV in Dec and I love hearing trip reports from there, especially when you are still there. Have a wonderful time and I hope it gets warmer for you. I so enjoyed reading your post. :wave2:

We are in the middle or a purchase (waiting to see if Disney exercises ROFR) at BCV.

Your picture is awesome! Can't wait for our first stay.

I'll spread some pixie dust and keep my fingers crossed for you CarnotaurDad! It'll be nice to have you as my BCV neighbor!

I thought I had read on the Transportation board they were splitting up the 5 resorts so 3 would share and 2 would share ? anyone else hear this ?? Michelle

Wow what a great view from your room !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter