Little Kids and peeing in the pool - what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm confused. Would you just allow the same child to come over and pee in the hot tub too? Are you, or anyone else, allowed to have a vacation free of being covered in the excretions of strangers?

I would have spoken to the adult that was with the child, rather than raising my voice to someone else's child.

I think what the OP did and said was fine. I didn't get the impression that he was trying to embarrass or humiliate the child. He didn't want to be in the hot tub with a child who's urinating in the pool was condoned by a parent.

As for not correcting the children of others, sorry, but if your kid is acting like a jack wagon and you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, I'm going to say something. At the very least, you might get off your cell phone and tell your kids to scream at the ducks elsewhere and not at the table where another family is trying to eat lunch.

Not to be foolish and perhaps endure your wrath but, I don't care what coast your from, after a long day at the parks to have a 5 year old swimming at 10:30 P.M. is questionable at best. :cool1:

For your kids, maybe so. For mine, no. When our kids were small, they loved doing the E-nights at the Magic Kingdom, and we sometimes didn't get back to the room until 1AM or later. If we're out having fun as a family, and my kids are having a great time, why should you care how late they're up?

Nothing questionable about it, IMO.

I think what the OP did and said was fine. I didn't get the impression that he was trying to embarrass or humiliate the child. He didn't want to be in the hot tub with a child who's urinating in the pool was condoned by a parent.

As for not correcting the children of others, sorry, but if your kid is acting like a jack wagon and you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, I'm going to say something. At the very least, you might get off your cell phone and tell your kids to scream at the ducks elsewhere and not at the table where another family is trying to eat lunch.

How about approaching the parent first?

Not to be foolish and perhaps endure your wrath but, I don't care what coast your from, after a long day at the parks to have a 5 year old swimming at 10:30 P.M. is questionable at best. :cool1:

Again, you are being presumptive. How do you know the kid was at the parks that day? Maybe they just got to WDW that day. In the kids mind it could be 730.

Again, you are being presumptive. How do you know the kid was at the parks that day? Maybe they just got to WDW that day. In the kids mind it could be 730.

:thumbsup2

At least now I know the parenting parameters...

Kid falls off third floor balcony because parents aren't paying attention - don't judge the parents, accidents happen

Kid stays up past 9:00 PM at WDW - judge the parents to be questionable and clueless

How about approaching the parent first?

When the parent is ten feet away on a cell phone and the child is under my table screaming at wild life, I will ask the individual who is inches away to please move elsewhere because I'm trying to eat lunch with my family. Be honest, do you really think a parent who is allowing their child to act like a beast is going to say, "oh, thank you for pointing out how ill-behaved my child is! I'll be sure to correct him straight away." No, you're going to get the adult version of that kid.

I agree with you too. Kids don't belong in hot tubs.

I thank you as well, thought I was being nasty. But when you consider how much more we pay to stay at deluxe so we can sit in a hot tub at the end of the day, the least we can expect is a little quite time while we sit and let our muscles TRY to recover from the days endless walking and standing in line. Will still always love our time WDW regardless :goodvibes

When the parent is ten feet away on a cell phone and the child is under my table screaming at wild life, I will ask the individual who is inches away to please move elsewhere because I'm trying to eat lunch with my family. Be honest, do you really think a parent who is allowing their child to act like a beast is going to say, "oh, thank you for pointing out how ill-behaved my child is! I'll be sure to correct him straight away." No, you're going to get the adult version of that kid.

Actually, you have no idea what will happen. I'm with you on being sick of parents not making their kids behave, but I don't take it on the kids, I call out the parent(s).

OP, you were spot on. I would've probably thrown a fit in the pool to be honest. But, you handled it much classier than I would've. I can not stand people who pee in the pool. Whether its a child or an adult, its never acceptable.

For your kids, maybe so. For mine, no. When our kids were small, they loved doing the E-nights at the Magic Kingdom, and we sometimes didn't get back to the room until 1AM or later. If we're out having fun as a family, and my kids are having a great time, why should you care how late they're up?

And outsiders have no way of knowing how you made this work for your family.

I have a friend who turned late EMH into a new day for her kids. They would get up early, eat breakfast, and hit rope drop or Am EMH if available. Then they ate lunch at around 11. After lunch,they headed back to their resort, and swam. By 2 Pm the shades are pulled and the whole family lays down to sleep. The kids are given cereal when they wake at around 6 or 7 pm. Then they head to the night time EMH park. The kids are refreshed, and they usually play the night away.

When they do this, they sleep in the next day, and usually hang out at their resort relaxing, maybe hitting an in park TS for dinner.

It works for them, and it's really nobody's business what time other people's kids go to bed, especially when they are on vacation!

Actually, you have no idea what will happen. I'm with you on being sick of parents not making their kids behave, but I don't take it on the kids, I call out the parent(s).

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't consider telling a child politely but firmly that he/she needs to move away from my table is taking anything out on that child. I'm just trying to enjoy my meal with my kids. My vacation is just as important to me as it is to the mom who can't be bothered to parent her kids.

OurBigTrip said:
I would have spoken to the adult that was with the child, rather than raising my voice to someone else's child.

I think you presume too much. OP didn't say they raised their voice to said child, simply pointed out that they heard what the child said previously and that it wouldn't be acceptable in the hot tub. And I think OP also already established that the parents either condoned or accepted the child's behavior. Why waste your breath with them?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't consider telling a child politely but firmly that he/she needs to move away from my table is taking anything out on that child. I'm just trying to enjoy my meal with my kids. My vacation is just as important to me as it is to the mom who can't be bothered to parent her kids.

Yep we'll agree to disagree. I parent my own kids, not other people's kids.

And I totally agree with you on this. Who cares how late the child was up? Letting your kids stay up late while on vacation does not =bad parenting.

I think you presume too much. OP didn't say they raised their voice to said child, simply pointed out that they heard what the child said previously and that it wouldn't be acceptable in the hot tub. And I think OP also already established that the parents either condoned or accepted the child's behavior. Why waste your breath with them?

Because the adult that was with the child at the hot tub was not the adult that had supposedly condoned the behavior.

Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.

And outsiders have no way of knowing how you made this work for your family.

I have a friend who turned late EMH into a new day for her kids. They would get up early, eat breakfast, and hit rope drop or Am EMH if available. Then they ate lunch at around 11. After lunch,they headed back to their resort, and swam. By 2 Pm the shades are pulled and the whole family lays down to sleep. The kids are given cereal when they wake at around 6 or 7 pm. Then they head to the night time EMH park. The kids are refreshed, and they usually play the night away.

When they do this, they sleep in the next day, and usually hang out at their resort relaxing, maybe hitting an in park TS for dinner.

It works for them, and it's really nobody's business what time other people's kids go to bed, especially when they are on vacation!

Exactly! Once we had kids, rising at the crack of dawn to drag everyone out for commando touring from rope drop to closing was done.

Judging by the number of young children being drug around WDW, over tired and miserable, not everyone agrees. :rotfl2:

And I've talked to parents of ignorant/obnoxious kids and guess what, the parents are just the same. We were waiting on Pixar Place last Sunday to get sigs and pics with a Green Army Man when a kid just walked up past everyone and handed his autograph book to the character. I turned to the dad, who i'd already seen encourage this once before just a few minutes earlier in the Wreck It Ralph line, and confronted him. His response was to engage me in an argument and say there was no line. So go ahead and address the parents, but I'm guessing they're not going to be sympathetic.

OurBigTrip said:
Because the adult that was with the child at the hot tub was not the adult that had supposedly condoned the behavior.

Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.

And there's no reason to think that this adult will think any differently than the ones who were nonplussed about the previous behavior. Oh, and isn't the reason that small children are prohibited from hot tubs because they're dangerous to their small bodies?

And there's no reason to think that this adult will think any differently than the ones who were nonplussed about the previous behavior. Oh, and isn't the reason that small children are prohibited from hot tubs because they're dangerous to their small bodies?

I have no issue with kids not being permitted in hot tubs, and if the OP had mentioned that to the grandfather, that would have been fine. But that isn't what happened. The OP tried (and most likely succeeded) in humiliating the child because hey, it's easier to pick on a child than on the adult that is standing right next to him.

I know how proud I'd feel if I made a five year old cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter