List of Disney Stores Closing

Just an FYI, it looks like the Texas Lakeline Mall store will not be closing.

The Walt Disney Company reaquired The Disney Stores from The Childrens Place on May 1st. They closed approximately 80 stores across the United States.

Just to clarify....this is Mesquite, Texas.

so very true. the only one left is the one in plano, tx at Collin Creek Mall. That is where i took my boys 2 weeks ago to buy them some disney dollars. alot of stuff was on sale there too.:flower3:

I heard last week that a Disney Outlet Store was to open at the Prime Outlets in Ellenton Florida, and i think it is a Walt Disney World Outlet Store,
They call it the Disney Character Outlet, Its all the merchandise from the Disney Theme Parks and Resorts:cool1:

Someone was telling me this morning that the world of disney store in NYC was closing in 2010 and might reopen as a smaller store elsewhere in NYC - when their lease is up? Did anyone else hear this?

Someone was telling me this morning that the world of disney store in NYC was closing in 2010 and might reopen as a smaller store elsewhere in NYC - when their lease is up? Did anyone else hear this?

Yes, as of 2010 the 5th Ave. World of Disney Store will be no more. They chose not to renew the lease and will most likely be looking into opening a store in the Time Square or SoHo area.

I stopped by the Aurora, CO store. A CM confirmed that the store isn't closing. She said the only store in Colorado that's closing is in Littleton, CO

Birmingham, AL store closing April 30th.:sad2: Offical news article says leasing issues between Disney and the Riverchase Galleria. That store is not going out of business, just did not renew lease.:sad1: No info as of yet if it will reopen somewhere else. Hope it does though.

Birmingham, AL store closing April 30th.:sad2: Offical news article says leasing issues between Disney and the Riverchase Galleria. That store is not going out of business, just did not renew lease.:sad1: No info as of yet if it will reopen somewhere else. Hope it does though.

Huge bummer! This is the last one I think in Alabama! The one in Mobile closed AND the one in Pensacola, Florida. I now officially have ZERO stores near me. I'm so sick of Disney's new "internet merchandising" scheme. :headache:

I called the Huntington Mall store and was told they will remain open. I am so happy it is the only store close to me and it still is 60 miles away.

We lost ours around 2 years ago (Jefferson Valley Mall, NY) and I miss it terribly. The closest one is in Danbury, CT...which is almost an hour away. :sad2:

We lost our store (Destin) a couple years back and then I went to Gulf Shores last month and that store has been closed too! I'm with ya on the INTERNET store it's very disappointing. I miss the Disney Store and the bargains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter