Lisa and Stan's PJ BRAND NEW UPDATE!

tinkerlisa

DIS Veteran
At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a planning journal, but I think its a good idea to get and give advice to anyone planning their wedding!:lovestruc

Some background info on Stan and me. We met 8 years ago. Long story short, he was getting out of a crappy relationship. No I was not the other woman!:rotfl:
We have been engaged for 7 1/2 years. We have two gorgeous boys, Adam and Ben. Stan also has a daughter from a previous, Cristal. The funny thing is we weren't going to get married. We both are divorce children. So we share this bizzare marriage fear. When the Olympics started this year,(for those of you who don't know it was 8/8/08) we heard about all the couples getting married because it is a Chinese Lucky number. So he just said How about we get married on 9/9/09?:idea: I thought he was joking but he was serious!
Then we discussed having a Disney Wedding. The reason we chose Disney is actually due to an inside joke that I will share: Two years ago we took our oldest son to Disney and we had joked about eloping right then and there. I said I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it without at least my mom there. Then he said he wants his family there too. But we laughed it off because at that point even after 5 years of being engaged, we still weren't ready!:sunny:

I will post more soon. I have pictures of stuff to share but need to upload them and it is very late!

Might I add that 9 is my favorite number? He never even knew that it is! He just picked the date because it sounded cool and easy to remember for aniversaries! On another note, one of his sisters said that 999 is the real devil's number not 666 and we should not get married on that day and that its bad luck.:confused3

Might I add that 9 is my favorite number? He never even knew that it is! He just picked the date because it sounded cool and easy to remember for aniversaries! On another note, one of his sisters said that 999 is the real devil's number not 666 and we should not get married on that day and that its bad luck.:confused3

And the aliens were going to land on August 14th, so that was a bad day.. :rotfl: Someone will always find a reason for it to be a different day! I think 9/9/09 is a great day to get married - your DF has absolutely no excuse if he forgets it!

So keep going on the PJ - I can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

We do have our dates. When I called, they went in for the lottery I think and the next day, they called and said I got them! So we are booked for Sea Breeze Point at 2:30. Since its a forties style gazebo I am thinking of going old hollywood glam for my theme! My future niece is doing my hair and right now is going to school for hairdressing got all excited when I said thats the style! She said " Oh good now I can practice finger waves on you!"
On another note we have had a lot going on. Stan's mom is in the hospital. She has MRSA pnemonia and won't make it until the end of the week.:sad1: She is basically being made comfortable until she passes.

I like the second one better I think. Now to flatten my tummy a little!:rotfl2:

E16_1.jpg

D41_1.jpg

Thats what i liked to! The ruffles gave it a classy touch, whereas the other one is too mermaid shaped for me. I have rather large hips(thanks mom!) so I don't know if the style will look right on me. But it doesn't hurt to try it on!;)

I do like the second dress better - I think it would look great with what you think your theme will be.

And I'm sorry about to hear about your DF's mum :sad1: It's doubly horrible that she won't be around to see the wedding. You're all in my thoughts :hug:

Ok so I haven't posted in a few days. So Stan's mom passed away on Monday. We buried her yesterday on her 71st birthday. We hoped she would make it, but she didn't. She suffered a lot and I am happy she is no longer in any pain.
We took care of her for the last 5 years and its been hard getting used to her not being around. She spent most of it in a nursing home and life felt like a rat race all the time. She will be missed...:sad1:

So a week after Stan's mom passed, my grandmother died. I was there to witness it although I didn't think she would die while I was there! It was very peaceful. She has very graciously decided to go to "Med School"(donated her body to Brown University)LOL. So there is no funeral.
Not to mention that I am sure a family fight is about to start amongst Stan's side and it looks to me like neither sister will come to our wedding. As one of his sisters always says: C'est la vie. So since I am on a major budget crunch and his niece was going to do my hair, I am going to try and do my own hair with the help of my mom and aunt. Neither know anything about it but I am sure they can help me curl it at least!:lmao: 9 months to go and I already feel like a bridezilla:rotfl2: I just hope everything goes well.
Anyway this is a hairstyle I like:

hair1.jpg

and the back:

hair4.jpg

Looks easy enough I hope!

It's been forever since I updated this thing! We had a lot go on with the holidays and we have all just gotten over being sick:sick: with a nasty stomach bug.
Since Stan has taken off so much work due to his mother's illness and eventual passing, we had to tap into our savings fund. I have to cut back on things I had planned.
But on the (sort of) bright side(not really cuz it will bite us again someday), Stan's daughter WILL NOT be attending our wedding. She moved out of her mom's last February(she's only 16) and just before Christmas decided she wants nothing to do with us. So we save by taking her off the list and hotel ressie. Its a long story and I know I sound like a bad guy but there is a long story behind this drama.

So I have changed my mind a hundred times. I changed my colors from pink and silver to red and silver and finally to blue and silver but i may change it again!:rotfl2: I finally chose my dress(but not bought yet) and bought my shoes!!! They are fantastic. Here is a pic of them:
6220-586637-p.jpg

They are the most fantastic shoe I have ever seen, next to my black converse high tops of course!:lmao:

Here is another hairstyle I like:
hair.jpg

I have even picked my dress! I was going to go with a white sundress since i can't wear my dress into the parks and was planning on watching "WISHES" later and it made more sense than buying an actual dress that I will only wear a few hours. But I changed my mind...of course...
I'd show a pic but, why spoil the surprise of the dress? lol no actually I am going through David's Bridal and they won't let you save the pic.:sad2: But it is gorgeous!!!

that I have no pics of us on here! We have very few of each other and its usually one of us taking the picture of the other. I finally scrounged one up that was taken over the summer of us with our youngest son, Ben:
389129-R1-030-13A_0071.jpg

and this one is the same day but our oldest son, Adam and our niece, Lauren:
389129-R1-046-21A_0151.jpg

Now everyone can put faces to names!

Lisa, I just read your PJ. :yay: . You have gone through so much, I was very sorry to read about your Grandma and Stan's Mother.

I was really confused on what to do with my wedding for a long time too, I changed my colors no less than 3 times! I do love your theme idea, that's going to be so awesome! I can't wait to hear more as it comes together for you! :cheer2:

Great start to your PJ! Nice to meet another bride with a marriage phobia:rotfl:. I think 09-09-09 is a great date! Your dress is gorgeous :love: and I love the first hairstyle but the up-do may go with your theme more... tough decision! Good luck! Can't wait to read more!

Since Stan's daughter won't be going to the wedding, my sister and I are keeping our fingers crossed that my mom will let her take Cristal's place. I could really use her help with the boys and I am glad we are staying in a 1 bedroom suite!;) My sis doesn't want to just go for 4 days like my mom is, but since she is only 14 she needs mom's permission.

I don't know if I will have bridesmaids or not. If I do it will be Becca. I found the perfect dress for her and it even goes with my theme! Convincing my sister to wear a dress will be hard. She hates her legs(the dress is tea length) and feels uncomfortable exposing her arms(the dress is strapless); she wears long sleeves in the summer!:lmao: I don't want her to feel out of her element though. There is NOTHING wrong with her at all! Her legs don't look bad and neither do her arms. I tell her all the time she is too self critical.
HERE'S A PICTURE OF MY SISTER:
100_1086.jpg

Its a rare short sleeved shirt one! It was wicked hot that day though. Middle of July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter