Linking resort & tickets to app?

AEA1127

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

Visiting here from the WDW side of the forums :)

My family and I just booked the Disneyland Hotel and bought our tickets directly through Disney. I downloaded the Disneyland App and have noticed that things are a bit different from the WDW App. Most importantly I don't see my hotel reservation or tickets loaded. Is this normal? On the website I typed in my confirmation number and it does pull up the hotel but it doesn't link to the website and stay there (if that makes sense). If I click on tickets, I see nothing. Should I be getting paper tickets prior to travel or do I have to pick them up at the hotel? Is there any way to link everything so that my tickets are scanned and ready to go prior to arrival? Would I be better off purchasing from UT and having them in my hands prior so that I can be all set up?

At WDW once you book everything it is stored on the website/app so I'm unsure if this is one of the many differences between the coasts! I have so many other questions but I think starting with tickets and basic setup is best 🤣 Thanks!

Don't know about tickets because we get military tickets which we scan into the app but I haven't found a way to get my Disney hotel to stay linked in the app or online. I have to type in the conf # whenever I want to view it.

How did you book? If WDTC then most likely you will get an email confirmation of everything. Your park tickets will be given to you at hotel check in. This is on site or good neighbor property.

If you didn't get email log into your Disney profile on Disneyland.com and look under
My Reservations

None of this will show up in the application. St least that has been my experience

The DLR app doesn't have a way to link hotel reservations, as far as I know it never has.

For tickets, you'll need to link/scan them into the app yourself. I haven't bought DLR tickets directly from Disney in awhile, but when I bought from Undercover Tourist, the confirmation email had a link to view the E-Ticket (electronic ticket) on their website, which had a bar code and ID number that I entered into the DLR app to link my ticket. I don't know if buying tickets directly from Disney works the same way.

... I have so many other questions but I think starting with tickets and basic setup is best 🤣 Thanks!
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- start here with the sticky threads at the top of the first page (SO much great information here!)
From that sticky:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic thread and a must read for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- so many super helpful threads found here!
More questions? Feel free to ask!

Thanks everyone!

@bluecruiser there wasn't any barcode or ID number for the tickets unfortunately.

@theluckyrabbit Thanks for the links, I'll check them out! I've been to DL once as a teenager, but that doesn't count really since I didn't do the planning and things have changed so much!

Hi everyone!

Visiting here from the WDW side of the forums :)

My family and I just booked the Disneyland Hotel and bought our tickets directly through Disney. I downloaded the Disneyland App and have noticed that things are a bit different from the WDW App. Most importantly I don't see my hotel reservation or tickets loaded. Is this normal? On the website I typed in my confirmation number and it does pull up the hotel but it doesn't link to the website and stay there (if that makes sense). If I click on tickets, I see nothing. Should I be getting paper tickets prior to travel or do I have to pick them up at the hotel? Is there any way to link everything so that my tickets are scanned and ready to go prior to arrival? Would I be better off purchasing from UT and having them in my hands prior so that I can be all set up?

At WDW once you book everything it is stored on the website/app so I'm unsure if this is one of the many differences between the coasts! I have so many other questions but I think starting with tickets and basic setup is best 🤣 Thanks!

When you bought your tickets directly through Disney, was it at the same time as the Disneyland Hotel reservation (i.e., as part of a "package")? Or did you buy them separately...like through the Disneyland website?

For example, I bought tickets last month through the Disneyland.com website. I had previously created a Disneyland.com login ID, created a profile for myself, etc. So when I bought those tickets, I was logged in to that website. Purchased 3 tickets. Within a couple of hours of purchasing the tickets, I got an email from Disneyland that said "Thank you. Your order is confirmed."

Inside that email was a link highlighted in blue that said "Access your eTickets." When you click on that link, it brings up a *.PDF document which has the bar codes and everything for the actual tickets. I can print that out and bring it with me to the gates when we get there. No need to visit the ticket booth.

Also, right after I got that email, the eTickets showed up in my Disneyland.com account on the Disneyland app on my smart phone. It shows up under "Tickets and Passes." You get there by clicking on what looks like 3 stacked minus signs (" - ") at the bottom right of the app screen.

@VandVsmama I bought hotel & tickets together as a package which I'm regretting a bit now.

We were thinking of possibly extending by a day and staying at Paradise Pier on arrival night. Thought we'd grab dinner and get to sleep early and then have our bags transferred to DLH and get an early start at the parks the next morning. Now I'm thinking that we'll definitely have to stop at DLH desk first to get tickets which isn't the end of the world but a bit of a pain.

Yeah. If you booked through WDTC that's how they handle the tix. You get them at check in. The good news is they are hard tickets. Go straight to the turnstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter