• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linked packages and online check in?

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
Quick question about a linked room only and a package stay all at the same resort. It was suggested by the WDWcm that I do not do online check in because of the room only and then package stay the next day, is this a true statement? I called 3tines was told don't twice and go ahead and do it once:confused3 what say you all? TYIA for any responses.

I see no reason why you shouldn't do online check in. All you are doing is pre-registering for the resort to speed up the check in process. You are confirming you personal information and providing a credit card for room charging privileges. When you physically check in for the room only, mention your package to the CM and remind them you would like to keep the same room if possible. They will be able to tell you if that's possible with your currently assigned room. If not, ask if there is a room you can change to in order to not have to move.

I did online check-in for a combination room-only/package/room-only stay at the same resort (Pop). I had already had our reservations linked when I made them. When I did online check-in for the first reservation, I put our estimated arrival time. For the 2nd and 3rd, I put 7 AM as our arrival time. I did all the online check-ins at the same time. When we checked in the first night, I made sure that it was in the computer that we had a continuing reservation for the next 2 nights and that we were slotted to stay in the same room and the CM said we were. We had zero problems.

I figure if you're staying at the same resort in the same level room (standard, preferred, etc), there's no good reason for them to move you - it's more work for them to have to clean your existing room to get ready for a new guest and make sure a new room is clean for you, than to just have one room ready for a new guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter