Line tip, crowd report and small Buzz update (power failure in the park)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I managed to make it to the park yesterday morning for a few hours. I arrived at the gates around 7:50 (park opened at 9:00). As with all of my post-ROTR visits, the lines were all the way to DCA. However, for some reason the lines at gates 2 and 3 were much shorter - only about 1/4 as long as all of the other ones. I suspect that guests who enter from the Harbor side don’t see/look that far and simply presume that all lines are long.

I seem to always have bad luck with my ROTR BGs. At exactly 8:00, I tried to request one but the app didn’t show that they were yet available, although I heard other guests cheer as they got theirs. I closed/reopened the app several times all to no avail. When I was able to get one, it was 92. Since I aimed to leave by no later than 1:00, it was virtually useless to me. Oh well. My new approach to the park is to simply enjoy it and be happy with what I get :-).

I was only able to ride Buzz four or five times. Unfortunately, several things on it were broken. Namely, the first Zurg was rotated entirely to its right and wouldn’t move; the “carousel” In the third room, the box with the alien inside, the flash camera towards the end and a few other lesser targets such as the circle near the second Zurg that makes the arm raise so the triangle behind it becomes a practical target. I spoke with a CM I know around 11:00 and she explained that there had been a power outage and it had nasty effects on the ride. Since the cam was down, it took me a long time to find my score, since there were no pics. I was only able to 1.8M and 1.6M, which were respectable scores, given the many limitations. Again - oh well.

I have maps if anyone would like a pair. If so, simply send me a DM. Domestic only, please (Canada excepted) unless you can make a strong case :-).

Incidentally, as I left Jolly Holiday, I could Gabe sworn that I smelled cigarette smoke. But I told myself that it was surely smoke from a nearby restaurant. However, as I took a seat at one of the hub benches, I could see/hear two security CMs as the reminded two guests that smoking is not allowed on Disney property. It seemed to be a husband and wife. She seemed courteous and good natured about it, the husband far less so. He argued and got slightly belligerent about the situation but I think it became clear to him that he had little latitude in the situation and he put out his smoke.

A few park pics:

The line around 8:00 for a 9:00 park open. Guests stretched all the way to DCA.
180E1EE4-1F2C-4FAF-9F46-021EB3889B71.jpeg

8506CA5A-F93B-4A54-9BDA-D1FBBD015D21.jpeg

38A3339A-537C-48C7-9E8C-5CEACBD3A4AB.jpeg

0E9165D4-51F9-44B9-A409-544B9117C1AB.jpeg

0AE99A2D-3CEC-4A52-9BF4-7F08F09EED1C.jpeg

28F40FC0-7489-400F-8C96-404178631BFA.jpeg

The crowd behind me at the rope at around 8:45.
22AB494F-6F07-409F-87D9-438C5B53EC9F.jpeg

No pics came through all morning. Made it hard to find and claim my score. But not impossible :-).
718782EC-CBA3-44DC-B918-28CD6373B58C.jpeg

Did reasonably well, given that a number of targets were inoperative.
803ED446-00A9-4DBB-BA9E-6D4DC168565E.jpeg

Last edited:
Love your reports, What time do they start letting people into teh park with an 8 opening. I have a 830 reservation at the carnation cafe and am afraid of not making it with all those lines, dont want to ride resistance. If I arrive at 745 is that plenty of time to get in?

See if any of the tips in our new "How To" Guide For Riding Rise of the Resistance at DL - No Spoilers - Please Read Post #1!!! help with the BG woes! Also, someone posted that the app has an update out, so make sure you have the latest version. How was your fancy car? ;)
Thanks! I’ll look :-).

Alas, the Lamborghini fell through. Apparently it was damaged and had to go in for repairs. Kind of a disappointment but I then booked both of these cars: the green Porsche for next week and the red BMW I8 for the following one.

124869EF-528A-4D19-86C9-66ACBD9BB295.jpegAAE14A3B-365F-4896-B94E-8213EBE52BB0.jpeg93235056-C149-4AC7-A8B9-951FCC1ECC2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Folks, I managed to make it to the park yesterday morning for a few hours. I arrived at the gates around 7:50 (park opened at 9:00). As with all of my post-ROTR visits, the lines were all the way to DCA. However, for some reason the lines at gates 2 and 3 were much shorter - only about 1/4 as long as all of the other ones. I suspect that guests who enter from the Harbor side don’t see/look that far and simply presume that all lines are long.

I seem to always have bad luck with my ROTR BGs. At exactly 8:00, I tried to request one but the app didn’t show that they were yet available, although I heard other guests cheer as they got theirs. I closed/reopened the app several times all to no avail. When I was able to get one, it was 92. Since I aimed to leave by no later than 1:00, it was virtually useless to me. Oh well. My new approach to the park is to simply enjoy it and be happy with what I get :-).

I was only able to ride Buzz four or five times. Unfortunately, several things on it were broken. Namely, the first Zurg was rotated entirely to its right and wouldn’t move; the “carousel” In the third room, the box with the alien inside, the flash camera towards the end and a few other lesser targets such as the circle near the second Zurg that makes the arm raise so the triangle behind it becomes a practical target. I spoke with a CM I know around 11:00 and she explained that there had been a power outage and it had nasty effects on the ride. Since the cam was down, it took me a long time to find my score, since there were no pics. I was only able to 1.8M and 1.6M, which were respectable scores, given the many limitations. Again - oh well.

I have maps if anyone would like a pair. If so, simply send me a DM. Domestic only, please (Canada excepted) unless you can make a strong case :-).

Incidentally, as I left Jolly Holiday, I could Gabe sworn that I smelled cigarette smoke. But I told myself that it was surely smoke from a nearby restaurant. However, as I took a seat at one of the hub benches, I could see/hear two security CMs as the reminded two guests that smoking is not allowed on Disney property. It seemed to be a husband and wife. She seemed courteous and good natured about it, the husband far less so. He argued and got slightly belligerent about the situation but I think it became clear to him that he had little latitude in the situation and he put out his smoke.

A few park pics:

The line around 8:00 for a 9:00 park open. Guests stretched all the way to DCA.
View attachment 477348

View attachment 477358

View attachment 477359

View attachment 477350

View attachment 477351

View attachment 477352

The crowd behind me at the rope at around 8:45.
View attachment 477353

No pics came through all morning. Made it hard to find and claim my score. But not impossible :-).
View attachment 477355

Did reasonably well, given that a number of targets were inoperative.
View attachment 477356
Could I get maps 😄

Great pictures ! I hope the update works out the kinks for you for getting a BG. I heard they are updating some of the ride photos, have you heard anything ? Hopefully Buzz is on the list. Sounds like a very frustrating time on Buzz. I'm taking my Mom to Disneyland in April to celebrate her 90th birthday. My great nephew is also going, I'll DM you for a set of Park Maps for him. WOW ! Love the cars :love: Wishing you a great day !

Great photos!!!!

I can’t believe people were actually smoking in the parks! 🤦‍♀️

We are going Thursday for the day. Hoping for decent crowds before the spring break madness starts in earnest.

Thanks Rob for your reports....I know you said you may avoid weekends for the next month or so, but I will be there the 7th and the 8th of March and will say hi if I see you! Thanks to you, over Christmas visit, I scored over 1,000,000 on Buzz for the first time ever! I can't do most rides due to a back injury, so it was really quite fun to finally get over a million, and find something to challenge/entertain myself while my teenage men-children and DH are on rides!

For the future if the join boarding group isn’t red when you click in at park open try clicking on my status. There is a blue join boarding group button in a white box on that page.

We sat on the screen past "Find Out More" and then hit "My Status" at park open and secured BGs 28 and 19 on our recent park days, so I'd definitely try this method.

We sat on the screen past "Find Out More" and then hit "My Status" at park open and secured BGs 28 and 19 on our recent park days, so I'd definitely try this method.
Out of the 11 times I’ve ridden between here and DHS, I’ve only gotten the red button like 2 or 3 times. I always end up clicking on my status.

Out of the 11 times I’ve ridden between here and DHS, I’ve only gotten the red button like 2 or 3 times. I always end up clicking on my status.

I started to not get the red button playing along at home before our trip, so that's why I opted for trying "My Status" instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter