Limit you can charge on your KTTW card?

jenpan

Luvin the Mouse!
Just wondering if there is a limit you can charge on your KTTW card. If you do the spa, purchases items, drinks, etc. how much of a tab will they let you run?

It's not limited, but they WILL start charging your card once you hit about $500 in charges on the ship...they charge it in increments. I suppose if your card is reaching its limit and the charge doesn't go through then they will contact you for an alternate means of payment. :)

It all depends on what kind of a limit you have on your credit card. I usually use my Diner's Club card when I travel and it only has a $500. cash advance limit so that is what I can put on my KTTW . I would assume that you can only as much as your credit limit allows. I'm sure someone will have a more decisive answer for you.

KarenT

The limit is $400. Then, if you have a credit card on your account, they will charge the card and your balance due will be zero again. If you don't have a credit card on your account, then you must keep your balance due under $400. You can do this by either putting cash or traveller's checks on your account before hand (so you'll have a positive balance), or by paying periodically throughout the cruise.

We were on the 12-8 Magic and I just went to Guets Services every day or so and got a printout of our charges and paid them down to an appropriate level using cash. This also allowed me to keep an eye on our spending, which saves that sticker shock amny people have at the end of the cruise. Then, on the last night, we switched over to a credit card for express checkout. This just means that any last-minute charges were charged to my credit card so I wouldn't have to visit Guest Services on disembarkation morning, when the lines can get very long.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for all of the info. I thought you could only put $400 on the card during the whole thing. $400 wouldn't be quite enough if you do some spa treatments, shutters, drinks, etc.
Thanks again for the clarification.

33 days and counting............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenpan, you are WISE to know that $400 is not enough. ;) We had MULTIPLE charges of $400 on our account after our 12/8 cruise....enjoy! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter