Lightsaber purchase in HS without building your own…same as on Amazon?

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
One of my teen sons asked me to bring him a lightsaber home from HS (he’s not going on this trip).
I have no desire (or reservation) to build one & would probably do it wrong anyway 🤣

Are there places to buy pre-made lightsabers and if so, aren’t they just like the ones sold on Amazon?

Thanks!

You can buy Legacy Sabers at Dok Ondar's. I'm not sure what selection they will have available but there may be a long line for the legacy saber purchase compared to the rest of the store. They usually sell the blade separately from the hilts that are displayed/sold. The Legacy ones are for specific characters from the movies or universe (games, novels, etc.). The Hasbro Black Series sabers are close to the Legacy sabers at DHS.

Dok Ondar's Disney Link

In addition to the Disney light sabers, there are 3rd party sites where you can buy custom-built sabers, some even better quality than the official Disney ones. For example, check out https://ultrasabers.com/ (note, the price gets more expensive as you add-on items, but you can really customize it to your heart's desire).

The legacy hilts at Galaxy’s Edge come in a special box that’s themed to that character, which you can only get there.

Also if you know in advance which character’s hilt you want to buy that they’re currently selling there you don’t have to wait in the massive line out front to buy it. You can just go straight inside the store and purchase the blade and hilt you want from the counter on the far right of the store as you go in.

Learnt that the hard way after waiting in the line outside of the store in the sweltering sun for half an hour only to be told once we were nearly at the front that if you already knew which hilt you wanted then you didn’t have to wait in that line and could just go straight in and get it from the other counter previously mentioned 🙃

Personally, I think the Hasbro Black Series Darksaber is better quality than the one they have at Galaxy’s Edge but that’s just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter