Lightning to MCO!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We had a new life experience on our latest Disney Cruise (I am on board the Wonder right now). We flew to MCO from ORD on Weds. afternoon on American. It was a nice, uneventful, and uncrowded flight, but when we got to Orlando, the captain got on the intercom and told us that we would be making a diversion for a different approach due to storms in the area. That added about 20-30 mins. to the trip, and after we landed, he told us that we would have to wait because no planes could be loaded or unloaded due to lightning. Because of lightning strikes in the area, it wasn't safe for the ground crew to be out. We sat on the tarmac for about 30-40 mins., and then the storm died down enough for deplaning to resume. Of course, all the plane that had been waiting deplaned at the same time, so it was a madhouse! But I was just glad to have arrived safely :)
In all the times we've been to MCO, that was a new life experience.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter