Life Expected

My life has turned out pretty much exactly how I expected. Career, marriage, kids, etc.

The only thing that has been a surprise has been how difficult taking care of my parents in their elder years has been. I specifically remember them saying they'd move near the kids, willingly move to a senior living arrangement, etc. Boy did they change their tune when things got real! I joke with my adult children that I need to tattoo my promises on my lower arm where I can read them.

Not really sure what I expected, but the life I have right now is the life I have always wanted.
My 2nd husband is a wonderful man who loves me just as much as I love him. We enjoy each other's company and like the same things. We have a lovely home in the woods, we travel a couple of times a year and honestly have all we need and want. I feel truly blessed every day.

Did you life turn out like you expected? Or did you take detours along the way that lead you to where you are now? Are you happy with how your life has turned out? Or is there something that you would change or do differently?

I turned 30 yesterday so have been thinking about this a good bit this week! I would say overall I am very happy where I am in my life so far. I am extremely healthy in terms of physical and mental health and am doing well enough financially. Career/job wise I think I expected to do a lot better than I have.

This is in comparison to when I was in high school, but of course a lot changes. For example, at that point, cats were really not an animal I gave any thought. But now if you talk to me for about five minutes you'll know how much I love my three cats. I also had a lot more delusions about working a high profile business job with lots of travel (to be expected of a high schooler). And based on what I now know, I think I am much happier having a strong home base.

Disney was a huge part of my childhood and teen years, but faded away in my early and mid-twenties. It is once again a huge part of my life!

I'm a big believer in the butterfly effect, so I would be scared to go back and actually change things in the past, even though there are instances where I would give someone in exactly the same situation in the present different advice.

I AGREE! I am a firm believer that every thing we go through makes us the people we are. And changing anything in the past will change who & where we are today. Now that said there are still things I would have done differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter