LGMH swiping advice...

Got my LGMH last night. I had to explain to my DF what I was doing with them. My dad kept saying I was using them for my "secret society"...LOL! :lmao:I

OMG! My dad said the EXACT same thing... "secret society". I think he watched the DaVinci Code one too many times.:lmao:

I've never had a problem "liberating" MHPC's. But I am sneaky about it. I grab a Disney brochure and stuff a nice stack of MHPC's in the brochure and walk away. My little ones like to pick out a few for themselves, so it looks innocent enough.:rolleyes1

Since we won't be able to go to Disney till 12/08 I should start stocking up now and avoid the rush in 2008.

We live 3 hours away from the nearest HD, so the other day DH and his friend were in the city at a paintball event and stopped into HD afterward. They grabbed all of the LGMH that they had. It must have looked really cute to see these two grown men trying to sneak all of the LGMH without anyone noticing. He never got home until after I was in bed, but when I got up the next morning he had meticulously peeled each head off of the backing for me:love:

I went to our local HD store..with our baby(great excuse) and took the alien green..well all of them (for me and friends) :) they were not busy..but I felt guilty so I took some of everything..we are building ahouse..so I had a huge stack of books when I left..I have a total of 10..hope they restock daily!!

We live 3 hours away from the nearest HD, so the other day DH and his friend were in the city at a paintball event and stopped into HD afterward. They grabbed all of the LGMH that they had. It must have looked really cute to see these two grown men trying to sneak all of the LGMH without anyone noticing. He never got home until after I was in bed, but when I got up the next morning he had meticulously peeled each head off of the backing for me:love:

Now he's a keeper! We need to welcome him to the dark, I mean green side! :thumbsup2

New member here.

Can I ask why it's this particular shade that your are all needing.

I took a bunch for scrapbooking but mostly the black and white. I'll have to check to see if I have any lime green in there.

Now he's a keeper! We need to welcome him to the dark, I mean green side! :thumbsup2

LOL, he swiped them for me but he made it clear that there was no way I'd ever get him to wear one on him! We'll see though, I have 8 months to brainwash him :)

New member here.

Can I ask why it's this particular shade that your are all needing.

I took a bunch for scrapbooking but mostly the black and white. I'll have to check to see if I have any lime green in there.

Alien green is the "official" color of DISers.

I can't wait to head to Baltimore next weekend at pick up some LGMHs. We have a HD store about 45 minutes from here in Altoona, but I can't justify the ride and gas expense. But...I'm headed south to see family next weekend and while I'm there, well...there are quite a few HD stores near my parents!

:thumbsup2

I can't wait to head to Baltimore next weekend at pick up some LGMHs. We have a HD store about 45 minutes from here in Altoona, but I can't justify the ride and gas expense. But...I'm headed south to see family next weekend and while I'm there, well...there are quite a few HD stores near my parents!

:thumbsup2

You would think with all the space and other stores SC has, they would have a HD! You could always justify going to Altoona for a shopping mall trip to get some vacation clothes! :p

They are samples, free to take. If you are nervous take a few of the other colors also. They also have tiny brochures with different rooms decorated with the Disney paints. Take some of those like you are decorating a kids room and looking for ideas.

If not grab a few and run like h%$$! :rotfl: :rotfl:

OMG!!! I just did this a couple of days ago. I grabbed a couple. Then I picked out a couple of other green samples. Then I went pack and grabbed some more LGMH.Also...just to make it look official.... I also picked up the idea pamphlet for painting a Tinkerbell room :rotfl:

Then I walked very quickly for the door:rotfl2:

The good news...I have 14 LGMH!!!!!! :jumping1:

I am heading over to Home Depot today and plan on "freeing" a few LGMH to go with me in September!

I might grab some other colors to scrapbook with.. thanks for the tip!

I managed to liberate 27 LGMHs over the weekend! :thumbsup2

I picked up a few in other colors as well, for scrapbooking. Now I just need to go back to the original LGMH thread to see how to remove them from the backings. I've read about carefully peeling them (I'm not particularly patient!) or soaking them overnight. We'll see...

I managed to liberate 27 LGMHs over the weekend! :thumbsup2

I picked up a few in other colors as well, for scrapbooking. Now I just need to go back to the original LGMH thread to see how to remove them from the backings. I've read about carefully peeling them (I'm not particularly patient!) or soaking them overnight. We'll see...

DH peeled them off with a box cutter. He said it slipped between the LGMH and the backing really easily.

hey tyvm sorry that i could not find the original quetsion haha :D and it is ok if you forget. Also i dont no any of the cards just get me one that is the rarest if you want or the cheapest :D thanks for reading my answer

went to dinner with my parents the other night they are remodeling their house and there was a HD on the way home I guess they must have read my mind 'cause all thru dinner I was thinking I hope they decide to go to HD after dinner...and they did I even got my mom in on the liberation mission I told her to get the Alien Green ones and she said quite loudly "Why only that color?"
Maybe it was just ole Jimminy Cricket and she didn't really talk that loud.

I'm convinced that The Dis is the reason HD has placed the paint department help desk next to the paint chips rack. ;) They're protecting the LGMH's!

They are probably happy to get rid of the lime green ones since I'm sure no one ACTUALLY paints their rooms that color! :goodvibes

OMG! My breakfast nook is painted a bright green-apple green. It goes with my Mexican/Fiesta Kitchen. Its not "alien" but close. During the day its brighter than at night.

hehe.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter