Levi and Bristol, shouldn't they get married?

No people, when our leaders lie to us, IT IS our business. Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse, but we have a RIGHT to the truth. Sarah Palin lies right to my face and I'm going to sit here and take it? NO WAY!

Maybe they can take a lesson from Bill Clinton on how to correctly lie to us.

..and you know that to be a fact? Just how?

Sarah says they will get married, right? That's an obvious lie because if they were getting married, they would be already!! What are they waiting for? It makes no sense.

I don't think that Stevie Boy likes Sarah very much. What's that Song about a Sarah, I hope he hears it in his sleep all night.

Sarah says they will get married, right? That's an obvious lie because if they were getting married, they would be already!! What are they waiting for? It makes no sense.

How is it a lie? There could be MANY reasons, none of which are any of our business as to why they haven't got married yet.

If I have learned anything on these boards is something making sense is a matter of opinion. Just because something doesn't make sense to you, might make perfect sense to others.

makes no sense why?? maybe they are waiting until after the baby is born to get married. Maybe they are waiting for things to calm down a little bit. Who says they have to get married before the baby is born. Maybe they are waiting to get out of school. Just because you think they should all ready be married by now. DOESN:T make it a lie. looks like you are looking for a reason to bash Palin and this is a poor excuse for one

Say what?! She said they will be getting married. She didn't say when. How is that a lie?

It makes sense: It's none of our business!

My god, I'm getting tired of the "it's the mother's fault her daugther is pregnant."

If it is her fault then we ought to blame Joe Biden for his son being sued for hedge fund fraud.

Come on folks, I'm sure both are outstanding parents. Both did the best they could. Both kids are considered adults (17 is the legal age of consent in Alaska) and are responsible for their actions. You may or may not approve of what they do, but there is nothing you can do about it!!!!

Face the facts folks !!!!!!

No people, when our leaders lie to us, IT IS our business. Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse, but we have a RIGHT to the truth. Sarah Palin lies right to my face and I'm going to sit here and take it? NO WAY!

Can I ask where your rightous indignation is regarding the stifling of public documents at the University of Chicago is? That is something where we are potentialy being lied to on a matter that actually pertains to the candidates.

Man, the bigger the writing, the neener neener backatcha threats and the more exclamation points... DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!!!! :lmao:

Don't worry... Obama's campaign is currently working overtime on damage control with the Obama - Ayer's 20 year political relationship from hitting mainstream media. Wait - you work in media, don't you? So, you probably know all about it.

As for the rest of this thread... have some of you thought about becoming fictional writers? We have a 17 year old - isn't she still in high school? -that made a mistake like a ton of other 16 and 17 year olds have in this country. She's engaged to the father but that's not good enough? Suddenly we have this devious plot that this 17 year old girl isn't already married to the father and is still living at home with her parents because of insurances purposes? Geeze... and the 17 year old that I went to high school with that was in the exact same situation as Bristol – pregnant with her fiancé that she wasn’t planning to marry until after high school graduation – still didn’t get married until she finished obtaining her high school degree. Why? Because that was what was in the best interest of both the mother, father and baby. Her parents helped support her and the baby until she finished her degree that year so when she moved out the degree was finished and she could work full time – along with the baby’s father – to support the child.

They're both still kids that made a stupid mistake and got pregnant young. They aren't adults that were already capable of financially supporting themselves - but I know they're working to be financially supportive. Just give them a break and be thankful that your not in this situation.

makes no sense why?? maybe they are waiting until after the baby is born to get married. Maybe they are waiting for things to calm down a little bit. Who says they have to get married before the baby is born. Maybe they are waiting to get out of school. Just because you think they should all ready be married by now. DOESN:T make it a lie. looks like you are looking for a reason to bash Palin and this is a poor excuse for one

No, I am honestly wondering why she is getting away with this bald faced lie.

There are many, many other reasons to bash Palin: AIG, lack of experience, bridge to nowhere support, lying about supporting the bridge to nowhere, raising money for Ted Stevens, abandoning her family for her career (specifically her impaired baby and her 17 year old pregnant daughter), creationism in the classroom, etc.

Why do you care when or if they get married?

I know someone who was going to get married. They found out the night they were about to meet with their priest that they were pregnant. They didn't get married. They told their priest that conditions had changed but never said what those conditions were. They told their parents, who cried and threw fits. They calmed down a few days later and everyone involved decided that putting off the wedding and keeping insurance for the future birth was in the best interest of everyone. They were married a year later, not because they didn't want to get married, because they forgot to get married in the whirlwind of buying a house, ,having a baby, working too many hours and too many days because they refused to take aid of any kind. Their daughter was a few days older than one at their wedding. They've been married for 22 years so far and that early year doesn't seem to have hurt them except to the fact that they value hard work and family values, despite their backwards beginning. Yes, you know her, she's a hockeymom.

This #1hockeymom will be voting for the next VP hockeymom.
McCain/Palin

Sarah Palin is a public figure at the national level. This means that everything about her: her past, her views, her family, are subject to public scrutiny. It's not like the public is asking Sarah Palin in person about her family affairs. In that case, yes, it's none of our business. But once the information is public, don't bother trying to stop discussion of the topic, whether it be on the DIS or anywhere else. Ain't gonna happen.

In answer to the OP's original question, yes, I think Levi needs to marry Bristol and be a father to his child. He would have Sarah Palin as a MIL, Heaven help him. :rotfl:

First of all, it is none of our business.

But, to answer your question, I am sure it has to do with insurance purposes. She is a minor, so she is still covered by her family policy.

I got pregnant at 19; we got married when I was 4 1/2 months. Part of the deciding factor was I would be covered under his insurance policy (I was no longer covered on my parents'). Of course, we were also divorced 3 1/2 years later. Marriage is not something that should be taken lightly (neither should parenthood). We have done pretty well as parents, but we should never have been married.

I say leave them alone; they will eventually decide what is best for them. And, they will probably make mistakes along the way - who hasn't?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter