Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2542
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Satisfied-exactly what I would’ve chosen myself, but would’ve been nice to get the next category higher, like 8B
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday noon
#7. What month is your cruise? May 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 45 days

Last edited:
May 11th, waiting on my VGT reveal on the fantasy.

What would be considered good... anything but 7a?

Last edited:
May 11th, waiting on my VGT reveal on the fantasy.

What would be considered good... anything but 7a?

I'm on the same ship/itinerary. Booked on 4/2 and am a Castaway Club Silver member. Still waiting on information with the departure being just over two weeks away.

There seems to be no decrease in available Verandah staterooms today compared to three weeks ago when I booked. So, I'm holding out hope for a higher deck for myself.

As far as what's better and such... Only you can decide that. The 07A category indicates a "Navigator's Verandah" which means that you don't have a 100% unobstructed view above a railing - it's a solid white wall with a very large porthole in it. For me, personally, I would very much prefer to not be assigned one of these rooms because I want to sit on my verandah in the morning to have coffee and this would definitely take away from the view. But, if that's what I get, so be it. I'll be on the ship for less than 7 full days in total (around 162 hours). I will likely spend no more than a total of 2-3 hours on my verandah during that entire time.

I'm on the same ship/itinerary. Booked on 4/2 and am a Castaway Club Silver member. Still waiting on information with the departure being just over two weeks away.

There seems to be no decrease in available Verandah staterooms today compared to three weeks ago when I booked. So, I'm holding out hope for a higher deck for myself.

As far as what's better and such... Only you can decide that. The 07A category indicates a "Navigator's Verandah" which means that you don't have a 100% unobstructed view above a railing - it's a solid white wall with a very large porthole in it. For me, personally, I would very much prefer to not be assigned one of these rooms because I want to sit on my verandah in the morning to have coffee and this would definitely take away from the view. But, if that's what I get, so be it. I'll be on the ship for less than 7 full days in total (around 162 hours). I will likely spend no more than a total of 2-3 hours on my verandah during that entire time.
Yeah ,i booked through costco myself and i've been checking a few times and same stuff is available, rates went up a bit, i just checked and up to 1603 now, vs the 1450 i think, it's all negligible. This particular itinerary isn't as popular as the virgin islands itinerary so its a bit cheaper.. Interestingly, i noticed there is a lot of regular verandah available, as in say like probably 10+ Disney wouldn't put you in a 7a with a 4/5a or higher available and empty...At least i'd hope they wouldn't do that. That'd be rude. But, i don't know how the assignments work. i do see there is many non obstructed options available still.

Last edited:

In looking at the currently available for direct booking information... It SEEMS that ONLY stateroom 7022 is available in the 07A category. Looking up THAT room, it's only partially obstructed by the porthole as shown here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=7022

So, even if that's the room I get assigned, I will be pretty happy. Plus, it's a port side room which means morning sun on this itinerary for all but the last couple of days (when I'm going to be out there most).

EDIT: Seems 6178 is available as well... Only partial obstruction in one corner.

Reactions: ajo
In looking at the currently available for direct booking information... It SEEMS that ONLY stateroom 7022 is available in the 07A category. Looking up THAT room, it's only partially obstructed by the porthole as shown here:

So, even if that's the room I get assigned, I will be pretty happy. Plus, it's a port side room which means morning sun on this itinerary for all but the last couple of days (when I'm going to be out there most).

EDIT: Seems 6178 is available as well... Only partial obstruction in one corner.
I am sure it'll be great whatever room we get. I'm not stressing it at all, just curious! But, i wouldn't complain about more room with a toddler.... that's for sure.

Does anyone know what Travel Agent rates are officially considered? I have not ever booked one before. In my account it says GTY 7A however, when I asked the DCL cast member he said it is really a guaranteed "view" so made it sound like a VGT. Assuming the worst at a 7A on the Magic but no idea if it will be in the 45ish day category or the 10ish day assignment category. Anyone have experience to share?

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Wonder
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A 5016
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy - it's a convenient location near the stairs, which I'm excited about.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Monday
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 45 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A - 7078
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to be between the midship and aft elevators. Short walk to the Cabanas.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 64 days

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT 7A Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 8526
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 25
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy - Unobstructed veranda across the hall from second cabin booked for young adult son.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes 8526/8527
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Friday
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 31 days

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 04D 6136
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? i THINK so, i don't know anything about the rooms. No Port hole, so that's good
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday Morning
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 30 days

#2. What category and room # did you get? 05A 10648
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am very happy with the high deck, but not terribly excited about the placement (under Cabans's, far aft, right at elevators/stairs). We shall see.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday Morning
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 39

#2. What category and room # did you get? 04C 7134
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/Verandah so I feel it is/was a bargain for the price I paid!
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. It happened today - Tuesday but I am unsure of the time. I'm guessing in the morning as I checked around 2PM.
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 17 days

Some people on our cruise got their assignment today but I haven’t yet we booked with the same discount
Do they assign different categories on different days?

Last edited:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6A 5142
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Would have loved a plexiglass verandah, but we love being on deck 5 and are happy with the significant savings we got by booking guaranteed status.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We have family on board who booked a regular rate HA room, we are located several decks below them but both aft.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 74

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11C Deck 2 Forward
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Definitely a leftover. I knew I could get the worst cabin on the ship but I was still disappointed.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? June 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 5 weeks

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT 9D Wonder
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C 2646
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Probably a leftover, but we paid $1600 less than the 9C/> Guarantee, so I'm happy to have a big window!
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Monday AM
#7. What month is your cruise? June 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 8 Weeks

I love this thread. Thank you all. We're considering booking OGT or VGT for the Northern Europe sailing Sept 1. This thread is so helpful. We thought for sure that by booking this way, DCL would assign the crappiest room possible but that's definitely not the trend I'm seeing, especially with verandahs.
:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what Travel Agent rates are officially considered? I have not ever booked one before. In my account it says GTY 7A however, when I asked the DCL cast member he said it is really a guaranteed "view" so made it sound like a VGT. Assuming the worst at a 7A on the Magic but no idea if it will be in the 45ish day category or the 10ish day assignment category. Anyone have experience to share?

You probably have already sailed but I'm answering in case someone else has a similar question. 7A GTY means you booked a specific category and DCL will assign a cabin within that category. It is not restricted for cancellations, name changes, category changes, etc. OTOH, a VGT is very restricted. You must pay in full at time of booking and no cancellations possible. No name changes. No cabin changes. You don't even choose a category. DCL will assign a verandah from any of those categories. You get what you get and don't get upset. lol. I'm ok with that in exchange for the huge savings.

Purchased a VGT. Ship sails two weeks from today and still no cabin assignment. It appears there are still 30+ cabins in this category available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter