Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B 6096
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy, between mid and aft elevators
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?14 Days
Got this assignment on a Monday afternoon, the day after we booked. I had looked in morning.

Last edited:
#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10146
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Feels like a leftover, but still pretty happy at the VGT price. The veranda is under Cabana's significant overhang, seems to be mixed reviews about noise from above and right across from the stairs/elevator. Still, it's a cruise so how bad could it be.
#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? March 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 65 Days

Very similar as fellow cruise mate above:
Seems assignments do get issued on Tuesday afternoons.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5D 6524
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I think so...happy to be starboard for the first time aboard the Fantasy... no idea how the verandah is (if it has regular or semi-lounge chairs) but as long as its NOT a Navigator's Verandah (and this is not) I'm happy..
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday afternoon
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 62 Days

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10146
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Feels like a leftover, but still pretty happy at the VGT price. The veranda is under Cabana's significant overhang, seems to be mixed reviews about noise from above and right across from the stairs/elevator. Still, it's a cruise so how bad could it be.
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 65 Days

We were assigned 10144 when we booked VGT a few years ago and were pretty happy with it. We've been on Deck 10 a number of times and are used to the overhang. We were worried about proximity to the elevator lobby, but actually loved it!! With kids, it was nice to have less walking and schlepping of stuff and we did not hear extra noise from the lobby area. AFT elevators are generally less crowded.

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8B 9502
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm between OK and happy. On the good side, we got the "Family" size oceanview, which was the top "extra" I was hoping for; it's almost at the end of a dead-end hallway, so there won't be lots of outside traffic; and deck 9 would probably be my top choice of decks. On the down side, it's almost right across from the laundry room (which could lead to noise/people, or maybe not), at the (forward) end of the ship that has less of interest for us (though I will have less excuse to not go to the fitness center...), and that might have more issues with motion (2 in our family get motion sick). Overall, seems good, and I'm not picky given the discount.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday, sometime before late afternoon
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 44 Days

#2. What category and room # did you get? 7A 7680
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm thrilled to be in a balcony cabin at a great price, and glad to be assigned a room with a 4th pullman bed for our party of 3. My 5yo is really excited to get a bunk bed. This is an obstructed balcony with a large metal wall on one side, but I'm not a sun worshipper so it might actually be nice to have some shade and extra privacy.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday, sometime before late afternoon
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 25 Days

Last edited:

We were assigned 10144 when we booked VGT a few years ago and were pretty happy with it. We've been on Deck 10 a number of times and are used to the overhang. We were worried about proximity to the elevator lobby, but actually loved it!! With kids, it was nice to have less walking and schlepping of stuff and we did not hear extra noise from the lobby area. AFT elevators are generally less crowded.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. What category 5A and room # 10636
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with this room category and a savings of over $3,000
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 60 Days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E - 5162
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm very happy! We've stayed in this type of stateroom before and loved it. Only thing I would change if I could would be to be on the starboard side, rather than port, but not a big deal!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 35 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C - 7540
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Reviews of this room look good, we are happy! Usually book a 5A veranda room but this is great!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 19 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A - 10056, 10058
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to be mid-ship and in 5A. These would not have been my first choice if I were selecting a cabin, but will do just fine.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 174 days

1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? IGT DREAM
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11a 9603
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? So far seems like a good room, have only been on one other cruise and had a verandah but from pictures the room looks great
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Thursday Morning around 11am
#7. What month is your cruise? April 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 30

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT; Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5a; 10512, 10514
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? From reviews, the rooms seem somewhat undesirable as they are beneath the Fitness Center. Otherwise, the location looks great ... we'll see if the noise from above is an issue.
#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday, just before noon Eastern time
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 91

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? IGT; Wonder
#2. What category and room # did you get? Inside Stateroom with Restrictions, 11B, 6313
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with it! I thought we would get deck 1 or 2. Good location near adult pool and Quiet Cove. In a little interior hallway so reviews says it's quiet.
#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday, around 11:15am PST
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 180

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT; Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 04a; 9634
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with room. Close to aft/middle elevators
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday, just before noon Eastern time
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 150 days

About two weeks ago now, we booked the Fantasy for may, I did it through costco. "Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions " Seems these are still available, saved about 1k from the 06b and 05b. that were offered. On other sailings i noticed there were some vgt's that said obstructed view. Do i still have a chance of getting a navigator or obstructed view with the one i chose?

About two weeks ago now, we booked the Fantasy for may, I did it through costco. "Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions " Seems these are still available, saved about 1k from the 06b and 05b. that were offered. On other sailings i noticed there were some vgt's that said obstructed view. Do i still have a chance of getting a navigator or obstructed view with the one i chose?

Yes. You booked a guaranteed veranda cabin. You know you’re getting a veranda...could be on the highest end or lowest end. It’s a gamble. That’s the restrictions you accepted by saving the money. My last Vgt end up as a 5A next to the navigation wings on deck 10. I was happy with it, but would’ve never chosen it. I’m waiting for my OGT for my May 6th cruise now. I’m ok as long as there’s a bed and bathroom and the AC works. Let us know how you do

Any early May cruisers with restricted fares. Anxiously waiting for my assignment.

Got it after posting this today.

Last edited:
#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A 10092
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 4 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - would normally choose deck 9 to have a buffer from pool deck noise but the noise from above wasn't too bad.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Thursday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? Apr 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 5 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!