Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it black & white? Poly's not that old 😂
I guess Google failed me, as when I searched construction photos that’s what came up.

I was there just two days ago and I think Poly still looks great for its age! But while I hesitate to call it old, it’s been around long enough that John Lennon did sign paperwork making the Beatles breakup official in one of the rooms! 😅

Reactions: ehh
Why is it black & white? Poly's not that old 😂
Way back then (late 1960s), what was the relative cost of color vs. black and white film? And did it cost more to have color film developed too? Would it have been worth it, for routine photos of a construction site?

Reactions: ehh
Unless they move the bus stop or add one, that’s going to be a long walk for tower guests. Monorail too. One great thing about the current studios is quick walk to TTC.
You are right, was there in October, and loved to be able to walk to the monorail. The only down side was the parking lot view from my Pago Pago studio...

You are right, was there in October, and loved to be able to walk to the monorail. The only down side was the parking lot view from my Pago Pago studio...
Ironically Pago Pago was the first place our DD and I stayed for a daddy daughter trip and we request it each time. Ha ha ha. My DD likes to watch the monorail (and so do I). I am afraid to splurge on lake since it might be hard to turn back. That said, I hope to stay theme park view one time.

I just don't see it fitting in the skyline.... It seems to be the Swolphin of the 21st century.... Though that seems to be even worse than the Poly for the skyline....

I wonder how the wedding chapel business will be impacted by the tower. I hope Disney realizes people who get married at the chapel spend a lot of money at Disney in the decades after their wedding.

I wonder how the wedding chapel business will be impacted by the tower. I hope Disney realizes people who get married at the chapel spend a lot of money at Disney in the decades after their wedding.
I don’t know how many couples they marry each year at the pavilion, but >3 million DVC points for a tower at $180/pt is >$540m they’ll get from selling the tower (less costs to construct). That’s a lot of revenue.

Would the pavilion & photos not primarily face Seven Seas Lagoon instead of the land & parking lot anyway?

I will say the one angle I posted from the Poly dock, and a similar angle on the boat from FW/WL/CR to MK, is the one with the clearest view of the tower and its size. It’s also obscured from a lot of other areas, even on the MK Ferry or for most of the Seven Seas Lagoon boat rides, due to the two big islands on that side. From MK facing the water you can only see the upper floors. It’s not a “majorly visible from all angles” thing like Gran Destino. They may have even consciously limited the height.

There’s a good chunk of Polynesian resort that you definitely can’t see the 10 story “tower” from, unless you’re close to the water.

The summer VGF promotion and the new RIV promotion make me feel like tower price is going to be better than I feared.

I just don't see it fitting in the skyline.... It seems to be the Swolphin of the 21st century.... Though that seems to be even worse than the Poly for the skyline....
FWIW, I’ve been here all week in a LV Moorea room and haven’t noticed the tower hardly at all. It barely peaks above the other longhouses on my walk to the Lava Pool. I think aesthetically it’ll be fine.

I just hope it positively contributes to the existing dining and amenities.

Something to watch is whether or not the base price goes up anytime soon. It was raised last December to $217….they typically raise it every year….if they don’t, could be further info that they know things have been stretched to the limit.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t raise the sticker price, since that really only affects sold-out resorts or small add-on contracts. Incentives mean they can tweak resorts in active sales as low as they need to anyway.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t raise the sticker price, since that really only affects sold-out resorts or small add-on contracts. Incentives mean they can tweak resorts in active sales as low as they need to anyway.

Raising the base rate impacts all resorts that are given the increase. Active resorts are always given rate increases, about every year.

If they are finding that pushing RIV to $217 from $207 a year ago, plus now having added better incentives to it, then they may not raise it at this point and let the incentives they have in place work for a while longer.

The point is that if we are looking for clues as to DVD's thinking and whether they have pushed the price to its limits for active resorts, not raising RIV or AUL this month could support that.

I honestly have faith that Disney will make it look great. But adding that many more people to that resort, I believe, could ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

facebook twitter