Let's see a picture of your Countdown Calendar!

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
I need some ideas! Going to tell the boys on the last day of school about our summer trip and would like to do a calendar this time...THANKS!!:thumbsup2

Here's one I made for my sister a few years ago....

108055100_2314.JPG

And here is the one DH and I use every time! Don't let the number fool you! That was from a past trip. We are now at 32 days!!

108055100_2264.JPG

we do one before each trip. the kids decorate it with stickers and then take turns marking out the days. here is our current one (six days!!!!):

DSC_0535.jpg

How bout letting them make their own chain -- a chain for every night before bed- (they each can have their own.)

What a lovely idea! I'm definitely going to make one when we're closer in to our trip! Keep the great pics coming!! :thumbsup2

I don't have a pic, but I made a construction paper chain for my kids. They get to pull off 1 link a day. Every 15 days or so there is a special decorated link, that day they each get a dollar in their disney jars!

This was the one I made for our December '09 trip:

DSCN4299.jpg

And after all the days were crossed off!
DSCN4346.jpg

I made one of these years ago when we went. I over did it and ended up making one for everyone and did it for for over a 100 days out.

I want to make one again, only 30 days out this time. I cannot find any link or thread to the hidden info I used back in 2007.

Does anyone have a link to the thread or web site? It was stuff like hearing Lilo in the bathroon in Magic Kingdom and stuff like that.

Thanks for all the great ideas. Just finished mine and the kids pulled the first one off this morning. Cut out all the mickey heads, lettering and numbers with my cricut. Used some stickers too on top.

DSC_0921.jpg

Instead of creating a countdown calendar , we take turns numbering the days on a Disney calendar with a Sharpie. The PhotoPass calendars are perfect for this and a great way to acquire copies of a handful of pictures.

Instead of crossing days off, we cover up the countdown number with a Disney sticker and mark the nightly occasion with a piece of candy from our Disney Pez dispensers.

I plan to cut my PhotoPass calendar apart at the end of the year and use the pages in a scrapbook. You can add your own brief caption to each picture, and the pages' borders are fantastic.

I am so psyched that today our calendar is down to "1"! Perhaps that's why this thread caught my eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts