Let's see a picture of your Countdown Calendar!

Instead of creating a countdown calendar , we take turns numbering the days on a Disney calendar with a Sharpie. The PhotoPass calendars are perfect for this and a great way to acquire copies of a handful of pictures.

Instead of crossing days off, we cover up the countdown number with a Disney sticker and mark the nightly occasion with a piece of candy from our Disney Pez dispensers.

I plan to cut my PhotoPass calendar apart at the end of the year and use the pages in a scrapbook. You can add your own brief caption to each picture, and the pages' borders are fantastic.

I am so psyched that today our calendar is down to "1"! Perhaps that's why this thread caught my eye.

Omg!! Have a ton of fun. I wish I could say I was leaving in 1 day and I love your ticker saying!!

Here are the 2 I did for my girls for our last trip.

100_2675.jpg

100_2676.jpg

I forgot to say that we placed a mickey head on the square at bedtime every night and tore one of the rings off as well. :)

This is ours. It was used for 2 Disney trips, recovered for a cruise countdown, then recovered again for another Disney trip. It's starting to look a little beat up, but we're not using it this trip since it's a surprise!

ry%3D400

Another countdown option is to use a puzzle. Get a Disney character puzzle with the number of pieces you want to count down. Find a table that's large enough but won't be in the way and won't be needed. Each night put in one piece of the puzzle. When the puzzle is finished, it's time to go to Disney!

Also I suggest if you're taking preschool kids, you make a "go back home" countdown. It helps them see how long the trip is and how much of it is left. A simple chain works. Just tear off a link each day of your vacation. You can customize it with colors or stickers that represent which park you'll be at each day. It really helps the little ones understand the concept of "vacation"

I had a countdown app for my iPhone, but lost it when my last iTunes update had an error. When I restored my iPhone, my countdown app is gone. Anyone know of an iPhone countdown app???

I posted These a couple of weeks ago:

Ticker2.jpg

Ticker1.jpg

DD4 wakes up every morning to make Mickey go forward one day. She previously puts some stickers or draws in that day.

Mx

My daughter added a castle on each day. This is a different trip than the one above. I used my cricut to make each of these.

DSC_0014.jpg

5a74a2dc.jpg

Here is the one we did last may before our trip. Everyday a Mickey head was taken off the fridge. The Mickey in the middle was made with a cricut machine :)

Love all of the ideas...I am trying to come up with a theme for my DD4's first trip to WDW!! Thanks for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter