"Let's Ride Every Ride in WDW" - The Trip Where Everything Went Right (April 2018)

What a great trip!!! Thank you for posting. I was reading it with my kids - they are older now but we still have so much fun going to Disney. We love reading trip reports. We have never done the HEA Dessert Party - and now my girls really want to go. Thanks for the review.

How fun! We really enjoyed both of the dessert parties we attended. I actually thought the party portion of FEA was superior, but I think HEA is such a phenomenal show, especially when you have a great spot where you can see all of the castle projections and the fireworks. I doubt you will be disappointed if you have the chance to do it on your next trip.

This is such a great report and what a fun trip. We have been 5 times and haven't done all the rides. Thinking about trying to do this when we go in May.

There were a few that were new to me as well. It was definitely a new way to explore the parks and we had lots of fun. I'm sure you would have a great time if you try it on your next trip.

Wednesday 4/11/18

Chapter 9: An Early Appointment with the Princesses

After sleeping the sleep of the just, we had another early wakeup on Wednesday. This was the day, according to our plans, when we would go to Epcot and ride all 9 rides there, completing our quest to ride The 46. Of course, this was always tentative since our plans called for us to ride every ride in both HS and AK on Monday and all rides in MK on Tuesday. Fortunately, we had been able to achieve our goal on Monday and Tuesday (when we had a nearly empty MK due to thunderstorms), so Epcot was now all that stood in our way.

We left the Red Lion in our Dodge Grand Caravan a little after 7 AM. We had an 8:00 AM PPO ADR at Akershus to start the day. Our goal was to have a hearty breakfast, meet several princesses, and then ride FEA as soon as it opened before continuing on to all of the various other rides in the park.

We parked at Epcot and arrived at the security/bag check area around 7:20. We were among the first people there, though more folks starting arriving soon after us. There was a wait at security until about 7:40, but the fact that we did not have any bags helped us to hustle right on through as soon as they opened.

There was a designated area at the entrance, with two sets of taps, for guests with PPO ADRs and early morning tours. At those taps a CM with a tablet checked with each party to make sure they were on the list for either early dining reservations or tours. They were not distinguishing among reservation times; as long as your ADR or tour was before 9 AM, you were cleared to continue through the taps in the order you were in line. I was not concerned about this, as our reservation was for 8, but it was good to have confirmation that any PPO ADR gets you in just the same.

My daughter and I were at the front of the line at our set of taps, so we scanned our MBs as soon as they opened at around 7:50 and were off for Norway. There were a few other guests with us at first, but by the time we got to the fountain, all of them had split off for tours or Garden Grill. It was very cool to walk though a completely empty park. There were a handful of CMs whom we passed along the way, mostly gardeners tending bushes and flowers, but otherwise we saw no one except for the family a ways behind us who were also heading to Akershus. It was awesome to walk across the bridge to World Showcase and then past Mexico with literally no one else in view. It was like Epcot was open just for us.

We were (of course) the first to arrive at Akershus, right around 8 AM. We checked in, and were immediately invited inside. We waited for a moment behind a velvet rope, and then Belle made her grand entrance. She came over to welcome my daughter and lead her to the area to have their photo taken.

After the photo, we were shown to our table and put in our drink orders before proceeding to the buffet. When we returned from the buffet, the platter of hot food was waiting for us, along with our drinks. I told our waiter that I wanted to take care of the check early so we would not be delayed later, and he was very accommodating. The breakfast was very good, and we enjoyed the many cold offerings available at the buffet as well as the platter of bacon, eggs, sausage, etc. that was brought to the table. We were offered a second platter of hot food (which we declined because we were full) and our drinks were refilled several times as we ate. The service was very good, both friendly and attentive. Our waiter also informed me that the other princesses would begin coming out at 8:30, and that they would be coming to our area first since it was where the first families to arrive were seated.

Sure enough, right at 8:30 the princesses emerged. Within just a few minutes Aurora, Ariel, Snow White, and Cinderella all stopped by our table to greet my daughter and pose for pictures. There was also a princess procession where the princesses all paraded around the banquet hall with the children.

By 8:45 we had eaten our fill and met each of the princesses, so we made our exit. FEA was not open yet, and there was only one other family waiting at the rope for the standby line when we came out of Akershus. We got in line behind them and chatted for a few minutes as other guests coming out of breakfast lined up behind us. Around 8:55 some Norway CMs came out and opened up the standby line, and one walked us though the door and through the full standby queue to the ride. We boarded the first boat of the day and pulled away to visit Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and friends.

We were off FEA and exiting out the gift shop by 9:03 AM. This was important because we wanted to get to Soarin' before the lines grew. 38 rides down, 8 to go. Check out the next chapter, as we try to ride the rest of the rides at Epcot and complete the 46.

Last edited:
Chapter 10: Finishing "The 46" at Epcot

After our ride on FEA, we headed directly to Soarin', where we went standby and waited less than 10 minutes for our very pleasant flight. While not required for The 46 to ride both, my daughter wanted to ride both the Orange and Green missions at Mission Space. We had a FP for MS later in the morning, but we went there right after Soarin' to ride the Green mission on standby (Orange had the longer wait). We waited less than 5 minutes, and soon were taking our relaxing journey around the Earth.

It was then getting close to 10 AM, and we had a Test Track FP+ expiring at 10:15 (or 10:30 with the grace period), so we went to TT next. We were slightly delayed at TT due a reset, but were glad that it was not a true breakdown, and within a few minutes my daughter was designing her car. She really enjoyed the car design process, and was excited at each test to see how her car performed. She actually did really well, although she didn't quite max out her speed.

After TT we went back next door to Mission Space, this time to use our FP for the Orange mission. We again had little wait, and before long were twisting and spinning into our crash landing on Mars. We were now at 41 rides, so had only 5 to go to reach our goal. Our plan was to ride 3 more before having lunch at Nine Dragons in China, and then do Gran Fiesta Tour and Living With the Land, which we were saving for relaxing after lunch cruises.

Next up was Journey Into Imagination with Figment, which is in my top 3 least favorite rides at WDW. I guess I really just don't get the point. We hadn't used our 3rd FP (Spaceship Earth) yet, so needed to go standby. The wait was posted at 25 minutes, but we were hopeful that was inflated. Unfortunately, it was pretty close to accurate, and we endured our longest wait of the trip (to that point) to see Figment. But at least we got to check it off and were now 42 rides down, 4 to go.

We then went to Spaceship Earth, where we used our 3rd FP+, and I booked us an immediate FP for The Seas with Nemo and Friends as we were walking through the SE queue and into the sphere. SE is my daughter's 2nd favorite ride at Epcot (behind FEA, of course), and she is particularly delighted by the interactive part at the end where you answer questions and get to see a video of your lives in the future. I made a mental note that we should try to come back, if possible, before the FEA Dessert Party that night.

Next was The Seas, where we used our 4th FP. I quickly grabbed a LwtL FP for after lunch, insuring that we would not have a long wait for our 46th ride to complete the challenge. Nemo is a cute ride, and my favorite part is the scenes where you see the projections of Nemo and others frolicking with the actual fish in the tank behind the screen. We finished there around Noon, and had a long walk ahead of us to get from The Seas up to China for lunch. My daughter (for not the first nor the last time on this trip) conned me into letting her climb on my shoulders so that she could have a birds eye view of the park as I did all the walking. The things daddies do for our daughters :)

We had a nice lunch at Nine Dragons. My daughter liked the fried rice, but had no interest in the shrimp, so that made for a nice little bonus side of shrimp with my honey sesame chicken (yum). Since our plan for the morning had gone according to script, we only had 2 rides left to complete our mission of riding all 46 rides at WDW. After leaving China, we passed by Norway (where we would be returning that night) and made our way into the pyramid at Mexico. As expected, there was no wait for the Gran Fiesta Tour, and we enjoyed our jaunt with the Three Caballeros.

We then made the very satisfying walk from Mexico to The Land to finish The 46 at LwtL. We were very excited to be achieving our goal, especially right on schedule. We used our FP and soon were on our boat. For all the great photos on this trip (most not taken by me), one of my favorites is this blurry selfie of my daughter and me as we started on Ride #46.

I snapped a slightly better one later in the ride.

Having gone on every ride in WDW in 2.5 days, we felt a real sense of accomplishment, and I felt like all my hours of obsessive planning had really paid off. We now had 1.5 more park days to go back for more rides on some of our favorites. In fact, I grabbed us a FP for TSM for later that afternoon, when we planned to head back to HS, where our journey had begun just 2 days earlier.

To commemorate the occasion, we posed for some photos before leaving the park.

Not only were we riding all the rides, but we were truly having a great time. It was a great way for me to bond with my daughter over a shared interest, and I was really looking forward to what the rest of the trip had in store.

In the next chapter, we make a very productive return visit to HS. Thanks for coming along as I recap our trip where everything went right.

Last edited:

Having gone on every ride in WDW in 2.5 days, we felt a real sense of accomplishment, and I felt like all my hours of obsessive planning had really paid off. We now had 1.5 more park days to go back for more rides on some of our favorites. In fact, I grabbed us a FP for TSM for later that afternoon, when we planned to head back to HS, where our journey had begun just 2 days earlier.

Congrats! What an accomplishment! You need to get t-shirts made or something! Your daughter is amazing! A real trooper and I love her spirit, not to mention completely adorable.

Not only were we riding all the rides, but we were truly having a great time. It was a great way for me to bond with my daughter over a shared interest, and I was really looking forward to what the rest of the trip had in store.

In the next chapter, we make a very productive return visit to HS. Thanks for coming along as I recap our trip where everything went right.

Sounds like a great trip and a great acheievement! Can't wait to see what you do next...when there is no goal anymore!

How fun! We really enjoyed both of the dessert parties we attended. I actually thought the party portion of FEA was superior, but I think HEA is such a phenomenal show, especially when you have a great spot where you can see all of the castle projections and the fireworks. I doubt you will be disappointed if you have the chance to do it on your next trip.

We are so excited - we will book HEA. When you say FEA - is that the Fantasmic Dessert Party? Our kids just love your trip report. And as we have rode every ride at DW - definitely not in that short period of time. Definitely a goal our kids want to do.

Congrats! What an accomplishment! You need to get t-shirts made or something! Your daughter is amazing! A real trooper and I love her spirit, not to mention completely adorable.

Sounds like a great trip and a great acheievement! Can't wait to see what you do next...when there is no goal anymore!

Thanks! I hope the guys at Parkeology get around to making t-shirts available. They have a very cool design.

I agree that my daughter IS amazing. But, I do have to admit I'm a little biased ;)

I hope to write up the rest of our trip later today. Thanks for following along!

Last edited:
We are so excited - we will book HEA. When you say FEA - is that the Fantasmic Dessert Party? Our kids just love your trip report. And as we have rode every ride at DW - definitely not in that short period of time. Definitely a goal our kids want to do.

Thanks! By FEA I mean Frozen Ever After. There is a Frozen-themed dessert party at Epcot where you get great desserts, open bar, front row seats (at tables) for Illuminations, and a post-fireworks private ride on the Frozen Ever After ride. I highly recommend it! I'll be writing it up with more details for this TR, hopefully later today.

Thanks! By FEA I mean Frozen Ever After. There is a Frozen-themed dessert party at Epcot where you get great desserts, open bar, front row seats (at tables) for Illuminations, and a post-fireworks private ride on the Frozen Ever After ride. I highly recommend it! I'll be writing it up with more details for this TR, hopefully later today.

Thanks - I didn't know FEA had a dessert party. We are looking forward to your TR about it.

I just binge read your whole report and thoroughly enjoyed it! What an adventure and all round fabulous experience for the two of you. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your time together!

Chapter 11: Back for Another Round at HS

After completing The 46, we returned to the Red Lion for a little rest. My daughter took a nap while I posted a celebratory status update on Facebook and caught up on social media and emails. She woke up around 4 PM, which was good since we had a TSM FP calling our names at HS.

Even though it currently only has 4 rides, HS has become my daughter's favorite park. She loves every ride there, and we have had good luck with very low crowds on each visit. I'll be curious to see how TSL might affect her view. So the original gameplan was to go back to HS on Wednesday afternoon IF we had finished the 46; otherwise we might backtrack to any ride(s) we missed in order to finish the mission. Since everything went right, we were giddy to be going to HS for a few hours before we would return to Epcot for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party.

It took us only 5 minutes to get from the Red Lion to the HS parking lot, and we got a great spot in a very uncrowded lot. I already had a good feeling about HS earlier in the day when I checked MDE and TP and saw plentiful SD FP availability for everything at HS, including TSM and RnRC. Turns out that what was already predicted to be a low/3 crowd day turned out to be a very low/1, despite the fact that the weather was gorgeous. Maybe all the guests who got rained out on Tuesday decided to go to MK or AK today. Regardless, we certainly enjoyed frolicking in a nearly empty park for the second straight day (and keeping much drier this time).

Our first stop was TSM to use our FP. Considering that the FP line was supposed to be down starting the first day of our trip and the ride down to a single track, the fact that we were able to easily secure TSM as our 6th FP of the day was proof that this truly was going to turn out to be the trip where everything went right.

The FP line took only a few minutes, and soon we had our 3D glasses and were smashing plates, tossing rings, and popping balloons. While in the queue I had secured us an immediate FP for RnRC, so that's where we were heading next. Our walk down Sunset Boulevard certainly confirmed that it was a very low crowd day, with only a smattering of people here and there. We had no problem securing the front row of the limo, and soon were hearing Steven Tyler do the countdown and going from 0 to 57 mph in less than 3 seconds.

What a great ride! We would definitely be back for more. But first I grabbed us an immediate FP for ToT, so we took the brief stroll over to the Hollywood Tower Hotel for our gravity-fueled journey into the Twilight Zone.

I next grabbed us another FP for RnRC and was easily able to modify it to start immediately. Not sure if modifying FPs works nearly so well during high crowd periods (I generally don't go then), but during this trip I consistently found that SD FPs were not only available for most rides (really all but FoP, NRJ, 7DMT, PP, and FEA) but could be modified to start almost right away. So we walked back over to RnRC, went through the FP line, snagged a Star Tours FP as we were walking, and were able to be in the front seats of the limo yet again without much of a wait. Unfortunately the ride photo did not come through, even though I'm sure that both my daughter and I tapped our MBs for it after. Usually we ended up with at least 2 of every ride photo because my daughter and I would both tap, but this one seems to have disappeared.

We walked over to Star Tours next to take a quick flight before grabbing a light dinner. I do like how they keep updating ST with new scenes as the new movies have come out. It really keeps the ride fresh. Before this trip, my daughter had refused to go on ST due to her 3D glasses aversion, but now she seemed cured of that and really enjoyed the ride. We also thought it was cool that we had so quickly done all of the rides at HS yet again, for the second time in three days.

We still had some time after dinner before heading back to Epcot, so I grabbed us yet another FP for RnRC. This time my daughter specifically wanted to ride in the very back seats of the limo, so we requested those and away we went.

I have to say that I generally much prefer the front of any roller coaster to the rear because I find it to be a smoother ride, and this is 100% true on RnRC. I still enjoyed our ride, but it was much rougher in the back. My daughter liked it because it felt different, almost like a new ride.

Considering that we were barely at HS for 2 hours, we had gotten a lot done and were very content as we made our way to the exit. I grabbed us a FP for Spaceship Earth to use when we arrived at Epcot before we would check-in for the FEA Dessert Party.

In the next chapter, we finish the day where we started (on FEA) after having some great Frozen-themed desserts and front row seats for Illuminations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter