Let's Go Mets!

Hey Mets Fans, I wanted to know if you think losing front office guy Paul DePodesta will effect the club any ?

Season is off to a great start but as Terry said it is only May.

I would like the NY weather to get a little better. Been at several home games and only 1 was nice weather. All the others were way too cold or wet. Besides that can't really complain. The tean is playing well and even on bad days there sre positives to be found.

I was at this afternoon's game - very exciting! I was really happy for David Wright.

Sorry to double post, but I am really sad about David Wright being injured AGAIN. The guy means a lot to me and I hope he can come back soon.

Whoops. 3 games back now. Just get to the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen. Just ask the Giants. They won from the last wildcard spot. And their WS opponent was in the top wildcard spot themselves.

Whoops. 3 games back now. Just get to the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen. Just ask the Giants. They won from the last wildcard spot. And their WS opponent was in the top wildcard spot themselves.

It's a long season. Last year, they were in worse shape and look where they ended up. I'd rather be hot in August and September then in May.

Feeling good about yesterday's win. It would be nice if players like Loney & Flores could consistently step up and avoid us having to make a major trade.

The mets have to add offense. Teams who hit this many HR never win in the post season.

Can't disagree. I'm just terrified of a deal that would require one of our aces- they are the reason we win any games!

We could get lucky and do a bunch of minor leaguers for a good player. The Astros don't really need Valbuena and he has been casually mentioned as an option. We could either get him for cash or trade a relief pitcher. I don't know if we would give up any relief pitchers but if we have a kid in the minors who is ready to move but we don't have a spot for maybe it could work for the Astros.

I wish we would just bring up Herrera, move Walker to 3rd, and bench Flores but Terry has already said that is not in the cards at the moment. He really wants to see if Flores can handle 3rd.

Last edited:
Can't disagree. I'm just terrified of a deal that would require one of our aces- they are the reason we win any games!

They won't trade an ace for a rental player. Yes, they need more offense - who doesn't? - but pitching wins short series, so they won't be trading Noah, Jacob or even Matt Harvey during the season. I doubt they'd trade Matz either. They wouldn't get much value for Colon. One of the middle relievers might get them something. I don't think they'll trade Wheeler (as they almost did last year) unless the deal knocks their socks off.

We could get lucky and do a but of minor leaguers for a good player. The Astros don't really need Valbuena and he has been casually mentioned as an option. We could either get him for cash or trade a relief pitcher. I don't know if we would give up any relief pitchers but if we have a kid in the minors who is ready to move but we don't have a spot for maybe it could work for the Astros.

I wish we would just bring up Herrera, move Walker to 3rd, and bench Flores but Terry has already said that is not in the cards at the moment. He really wants to see if Flores can handle 3rd.

The problem with bringing up young guys from the minors is they often aren't ready for major league pitching. Case in point: Kelly. He was tearing it up in AAA, has been almost hit less (.111) since the call-up. We fans really don't know what the scouting reports say. "We" don't own the team or run it.

The problem with bringing up young guys from the minors is they often aren't ready for major league pitching. Case in point: Kelly. He was tearing it up in AAA, has been almost hit less (.111) since the call-up. We fans really don't know what the scouting reports say. "We" don't own the team or run it.

I'm not saying I own it or run it. Just having a conversation between other fans. Terry and Sandy can do what they think is best for the team and that is fine.

Herrera played last year when Wright was out and Murph was over at 3rd so not out of the scope to bring him to the 25 man roster from the 40 man.

What's the point of a discussion thread if people can't actually discuss anything?

Happy to see Johnson back. I'm also happy Ty Kelly got to hit his first (and possibly only) major league home run right before he gets sent down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter