Let's all root for 60% vaccination in Hawaii!

Found 3 spots at a Cityhealth urgent care that an Aulani Facebook group recommended. It will be about an hour away from where we are staying. Has anyone had experience with that? Said results guarranteed by 48 hours but hoping the 4th doesn't mess it up. We test on Friday the 2nd at 6:30pm and fly out of SF on Monday the 5th.
My cousin lives in Ripon (near Manteca) and she went to Hawaii last fall. I'll ask her where she had her test done. I"ll get back to you as soon as she answers me. lol

Have you tried going through your airline? Hawaiian has preferred testers, including at-home kits you do yourself via webcam, so there's no guessing about appointments or which tests are eligible.
We are from Florida and visiting family In CA before we go to Hawaii. Hawaiian doesn’t fly into our local airports. We are using United and they do testing at SFO but $225 per person. I can’t book yet to see if available. I may if I can cancel as a backup but $675 is a lot of wasted money when we are vaccinated.

We are from Florida and visiting family In CA before we go to Hawaii. Hawaiian doesn’t fly into our local airports. We are using United and they do testing at SFO but $225 per person. I can’t book yet to see if available. I may if I can cancel as a backup but $675 is a lot of wasted money when we are vaccinated.
Woof.

If it comes down to it, those fees are eligible for FSA/HSA spending, so you could pay for it without dinging the vacation budget if you have one of those accounts.

Well apparently Walgreens doesn't do the Rapid test in CA? So now over the 4th we will have to worry about our results being done in time. I am so upset right now. I did what I was supposed to. I got my stupid vaccine and made my daughter just so we didn't have to deal with this. Why not July 1? That makes so much more sense to me than the 8th. Ughhh, just venting but highly annoyed. Any suggestions on what to do?

My son in Long Beach used CVS and had results in about 30 hours. Test was Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, and he received results late Sunday.

My son in Long Beach used CVS and had results in about 30 hours. Test was Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, and he received results late Sunday.
I just looked up CVS but it said $139. Is this correct?

Hawaii hit 70% today.

I don't believe Gov. Ige plans to remove all travel restrictions as promised so long ago.

Hawaii hit 70% today.

I don't believe Gov. Ige plans to remove all travel restrictions as promised so long ago.

I saw that restrictions on vaccinated international travelers will be dropped Nov 8th in the US. Will Ige have a choice...?

I saw that restrictions on vaccinated international travelers will be dropped Nov 8th in the US. Will Ige have a choice...?
The original plan was to give a couple weeks notice to businesses that Safe Travels was going away. That way they could ramp up employment in anticipation of the increased numbers of travelers.

There are only 3 weeks between now and Nov 8th.

To fulfil his promise to Hawaii businesses he needs to make an announcement soon as to how the state of Hawaii is going to react to the US borders opening.

Hawaii's rules are separate from the US. Hawaii has already been letting in foreign travelers with the same restrictions as mainland US, so I imagine that will extend to the new countries.

Hawaii's rules are separate from the US. Hawaii has already been letting in foreign travelers with the same restrictions as mainland US, so I imagine that will extend to the new countries.
Moreover, states can generally dictate their own policies and protocols as can municipalities. (And for those of us in Canada - same goes for Provinces and cities). This is why rules in Boston or Toronto are different than rules in Miami or Dallas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter