Let's all root for 60% vaccination in Hawaii!

Well the good news is they've hit 56%, the bad news is there are only 4248 additional Hawaiians that are fully vaccinated on Thursday. That is about 300 less than on Wednesday. Hoping for a spike in the numbers over the weekend. I'm still thinking another 13-14 days.

So over the last 5 days it looks like there are about 4700 additional fully vaccinated Hawaiians per day. It has actually been pretty consistent over the last couple of weeks. If the numbers stay consistent we're looking at 10-11 days to 60%. If I were leaving July 4th or later, I'd probably feel pretty good, any time from 7/1-7/3 I'd be sweating, and in June..... I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, so I won't:(.

me too..... we leave on June 26th! Just booked my covid test.... but hey, at least I am going to Hawaii!
We are leaving 6/26 for 2 weeks and have a feeling that they will hit 60% while we are there, which will still be good since it will increase capacity for restaurants a little bit. I was hoping to avoid the testing since we all have been vaccinated for awhile, but agree with you at least I’m going to Hawaii! :dance3:

I wish they would include the people that already have immunity from infection in these numbers. They'd be at at least 70% by now. :(

I wish they would include the people that already have immunity from infection in these numbers. They'd be at at least 70% by now. :(
They won't because the term length of having had COVID protecting you from another infection is unknown.

It could be more like Flu A than Flu B, especially when we discuss variants. There's only a year's worth of data right now. So Hawaii will take the conservative path. It fits their history: https://www.history.com/news/hawaii-monarchy-downfall-measles-outbreak

They won't because the term length of having had COVID protecting you from another infection is unknown.

It could be more like Flu A than Flu B, especially when we discuss variants. There's only a year's worth of data right now. So Hawaii will take the conservative path. It fits their history: https://www.history.com/news/hawaii-monarchy-downfall-measles-outbreak
It is also unknown how long the vaccine will protect you. We have 18 months of data showing having had the virus is still providing immunity but only 7 months or so of vaccine.

Hawaii can do what they want it would just be nice if they included everyone immune in their numbers.

The numbers from Mon to Tues only show 2309 additional Hawaiians fully vaccinated. If the numbers slow to that rate it could still be another almost 3 weeks to get to 60%.

So…if I am flying from Canada, but connecting through Newark (direct flight to Honolulu) am I flying domestically at that point? I’m Canadian

We have a date. Just saw this on the Honolulu Star-Advertiser "Effective July 8, individuals traveling in the U.S. domestically can bypass pre-travel testing rules and quarantine if they are fully vaccinated when traveling to Hawaii, Ige said."

Leaving the mainland for Aulani July 10th - phew!
i just read the article. They EXPECT to reach 60% on July 8th.
We have a date. Just saw this on the Honolulu Star-Advertiser "Effective July 8, individuals traveling in the U.S. domestically can bypass pre-travel testing rules and quarantine if they are fully vaccinated when traveling to Hawaii, Ige said."

Leaving the mainland for Aulani July 10th - phew!
I read the article. They EXPECT they will reach 60% on July 8th. IF they do then they will ease things up. They are excepting it will take a couple of MONTHS to reach 70% when they will lift the rest of the restrictions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter