Less Wookies, More Cookies! A Tale of Upgrades, Utilidors, and FUN! 10/23--Complete!!

The Wilderness Lodge looks soooo pretty. We meant to visit there during our trip but never found the time. :sad2: Maybe someday we'll stay there!

Love your pictures of the Haunted Mansion queue! We never rode that during the day time this trip, so my pictures at nighttime were ehhhh. :laughing: I love the piano! The people around me didn't know it did anything so I felt so cool when they all looked and rushed to try it for themselves. ;)

Isn't center front row on Soarin' the BEST?! :cloud9: We got that on our last day in Epcot. It was lovely. :goodvibes

You're so quick with the updates! Can't wait for more!! :cool1:

The Wilderness Lodge looks soooo pretty. We meant to visit there during our trip but never found the time. :sad2: Maybe someday we'll stay there!

Love your pictures of the Haunted Mansion queue! We never rode that during the day time this trip, so my pictures at nighttime were ehhhh. :laughing: I love the piano! The people around me didn't know it did anything so I felt so cool when they all looked and rushed to try it for themselves. ;)

Isn't center front row on Soarin' the BEST?! :cloud9: We got that on our last day in Epcot. It was lovely. :goodvibes

You're so quick with the updates! Can't wait for more!! :cool1:

OOH maybe! WL is gorgeous...and so close to MK! It was really nice! I LOVE the new queue! It's definitely something to try at least once, though I do like that you don't HAVE to go through it if you don't want to. Ahh Soarin'! It just isn't the same in any one other than the front. Aw yay haha, yeah I want to be quick while I can. School soon :rolleyes:

Subbing!
Your title caught my eye, read a bit and catching up.

p.s. I believe I have the same exact 'bag' as you. Olive green crossbody bag?
:thumbsup2

Those WL pics are stunning!! I love the sunrise! I really would like to visit this resort one day.

Mmm, chocolate covered Mickey Wafles!! What more could a girl ask for?:lovestruc

Your family is wise not to do the Soarin mad dash. I should follow that advice!

Nice cliffhanger, where's lunch??popcorn::

Subbing!
Your title caught my eye, read a bit and catching up.

p.s. I believe I have the same exact 'bag' as you. Olive green crossbody bag?
:thumbsup2

Oh yay! Glad you're here! That's what it is! I got it from Target; it was AWESOME. Although, after a few days, I realized that I couldn't have my pins on the strap, they kept losing backs. That was the only problem with it though! Anyway, thanks for reading!

Since I am not a sunrise kind of person, I really appriciate your beautiful early morning pictures!

It really is gorgeous. There's not too much quiet in Disney, so those moments in the morning when it's just silent and beautiful are amazing. Thanks for reading!

Those WL pics are stunning!! I love the sunrise! I really would like to visit this resort one day.

Mmm, chocolate covered Mickey Wafles!! What more could a girl ask for?:lovestruc

Your family is wise not to do the Soarin mad dash. I should follow that advice!

Nice cliffhanger, where's lunch??popcorn::

Thanks! I love sunrises, too! WL is spectacular, and the restaurants are good for visiting the resort! :thumbsup2 Oh my, those waffles were fantastic. I'm such a chocolate nut, so it was a great way to start off the day! Yeah, I've never done the Soarin' dash, but my mom and sister did it once this trip later on, and they said it was terrible. OOH lunch! I'm putting up an update in an hour or so! :goodvibes Thanks for reading!!

We docked in Morocco
disneypicturesone319.jpg

disneypicturesone323.jpg

After passing Japan and America, we came to our destination: Italy!
disneypicturesone324.jpg

We had an ADR at Via Napoli!
disneypicturesone329.jpg

OH…Via Napoli. This meal was the best. Here’s what the restaurant looks like
disneypicturesone335.jpg

disneypicturesone336.jpg

disneypicturesone337.jpg

I ordered the Margerita Pizza, as did Jess. My dad had the Four-Cheese pizza, and my mom had a salad and some tastes of our pizza. Here’s mine
disneypicturesone330.jpg

I knew that dessert was coming, so I left about a quarter of it on my plate. We got the dessert menu, and freaked out. Well, I knew what was coming. I knew what I was having about a month in advance here! But the rest of my family couldn’t even decide, so they all got different stuff that way we could all share!

I got the Zeppoles—THESE WERE AMAZING!! I couldn’t finish them, there were twelve, and even with my family helping, they were still a lot. BUT SO GOOD! The chocolate sauce was amazing…and the whipped cream was homemade!
disneypicturesone331.jpg

My dad got the pistachio gelato. I had never had pistachio ice cream of anything, but I like pistachios. So I tried it and it was a weird combination for me. I didn’t dislike it, but didn’t like it as much as the rest of my family
disneypicturesone332.jpg

My mom got the Italian soda. It had a creamy, citrus-y taste. It sounds weird, and I’m a chocolate person, so I wouldn’t order it for myself, but it was good! I liked it!
disneypicturesone333.jpg

Jess got the “Ugly, but Good” which was vanilla ice cream, with mini cookies, and cherries and cherry sauce. She was pretty full from the pizza, but she liked it a lot!
disneypicturesone334.jpg

Overall, VN was GREAT! It’s definitely become a “Must-Do” meal for our trips and I can’t rave about it enough. In fact, it was not the last time I would find myself there this trip! After lunch, we realized Jess needed a bag to carry around, because she had too much stuff and I didn’t have room in my little bag. So we went to America’s gift shop.
disneypicturesone344.jpg

disneypicturesone345.jpg

It worked really well for her, since she could carry as much as she wanted! And she carried A LOT, let me tell you! After getting the bag, we split from the parents, and we went to Morocco to get our friends’ mom (who’s like a second mom to us by now haha) a ring, since she loves them from here.
disneypicturesone340.jpg

We went back towards America and saw the fife and drum people
disneypicturesone347.jpg

We continued on past Italy and by Germany
disneypicturesone348.jpg

We peeked in the caramel shop!
disneypicturesone349.jpg

It was hot that day, but not unbearable, so I didn’t mind walking around the WS. We passed by “Africa”
disneypicturesone350.jpg

When we went by China we saw Mulan was out! I’m such a Mulan dork, so when I got to meet her, I acted so weird. Ugh it was embarrassing for Jess. But I was so excited, and she was so nice!
disneypicturesone352.jpg

I had never been inside the China pavilion (I know right) so I was excited to see it!
disneypicturesone353.jpg

I really wanted to see the Tomb Warriors, so that’s where I led Jess next
disneypicturesone354.jpg

disneypicturesone356.jpg

They were so cool! I was excited that I finally got to see them! We went inside the temple thing and I knew about the whisper thing (stand in the middle of the room and whisper and it echoes back to you. If you step out of the center and whisper, it doesn’t echo.) The CM was so excited that I knew about it!
disneypicturesone359.jpg

After that we left China, and headed to by far my favorite pavilion besides America (I just love America)
disneypicturesone360.jpg

Continued next post!

NORWAY! Mostly I love the pavilion because of Maelstrom :lmao It’s become this thing with my sister and me that we HAVE to ride it. It’s pretty fantastic. HEY you can see a Maelstrom boat from this picture!
disneypicturesone361.jpg

And this is another reason we love Maelstrom
disneypicturesone362.jpg

Obviously I wanted to document this moment, because I have about 10 pictures of the queue. I won’t post all of them, don’t worry haha!
disneypicturesone366.jpg

disneypicturesone367.jpg

Weird kid looking happy as he’s gutting a fish
disneypicturesone368.jpg

MAELSTROM!! It was great obviously. Now if all those guidebooks steer you away from this ride telling you it’s weird or something do NOT believe them. It’s actually THE best ride in EPCOT.

After going on THE BEST RIDE IN EPCOT, we moved on to the Mexico Pavilion. We saw Fiesta Donald in the shade to the right of the pavilion, and he had a short wait so we got in line.
disneypicturesone370.jpg

We saw a family on the steps of the pavilion trying to take a picture, so we offered to take it so all of them could be in the picture. Then they took a picture of Jess and me! I like this picture!
disneypicturesone372.jpg

We ventured inside the pavilion
disneypicturesone374.jpg

disneypicturesone376.jpg

We went to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour! Another weird/amazing ride! I actually enjoyed it. It’s like IASW but one culture.
disneypicturesone377.jpg

disneypicturesone381.jpg

disneypicturesone383.jpg

disneypicturesone384.jpg

disneypicturesone385.jpg

disneypicturesone392.jpg

After the Gran Fiesta Tour, we were done with Mexico :lmao We left WS and went back into Future World. We went to Club Cool, and I don’t have any pictures. However, I do have this lovely video of me…trying Beverly.

Ick. It was bad. And I don’t know how a soda that is chilled in the soda dispenser thing can feel warm, but it was.

After that, I needed water so we headed over by a little food stand near TT and we were able to get cups of ice water for free. You can do this at any counter service, or food stand with a little kitchen in it. After that we walked towards Universe of Energy because we HAD to see it. It has ELLEN DEGENERES IN IT. AND BILL NYE. AND IT’S IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!! So it’s all kinds of awesome.
disneypicturesone398.jpg

YES.
disneypicturesone399.jpg

It was so nice and air-conditioned and funny. Loved it. Afterwards, we come out of the theater and we see three people, a dad and two daughters I think just sleeping on the grass. Now, this is strange, yes, but what’s stranger is that it’s not the first time we’ve see people napping on grass in a very public place. I’m not talking about a park or anything. When we went to Hershey Park in June, we saw this kid sleeping on a hill on the corner of a VERY busy intersection of two highways. Why he chose this place for a nap, I don’t know. But it was clear he had planned this (as in, he didn’t just collapse) since he had beside him an opened Capri-Sun with a straw in it. So, I don’t know what was going on in this guy’s head but it was hilarious.

ANYWAY BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD.

After Universe of Energy, we headed over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends, which I always call the Living Seas.
disneypicturesone402.jpg

disneypicturesone404.jpg

disneypicturesone405.jpg

disneypicturesone408.jpg

disneypicturesone409.jpg

disneypicturesone413.jpg

Continued Soon!

OOH maybe! WL is gorgeous...and so close to MK! It was really nice! I LOVE the new queue! It's definitely something to try at least once, though I do like that you don't HAVE to go through it if you don't want to. Ahh Soarin'! It just isn't the same in any one other than the front. Aw yay haha, yeah I want to be quick while I can. School soon :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try and visit it in November!
It's great! I couldn't decide if I liked that queue or the Pooh one better. The Pooh one is impossible to play in if it's during the day, but during extra magic hours when there were no little kids I was having a blast. :cool2: Oh and also when we went during the "Walt Disney - Marceline to Magic Kingdom" tour!
I know right. I hate seeing peoples feet over me, but I make do because it's amazing anyways. :cloud9:
Oh I know! I'm going to try and do an update each day, hopefully I'll finish before Thanksgiving because I'd get confused writing 2 trip reports at the same time. :rolleyes:

Jess got the “Ugly, but Good” which was vanilla ice cream, with mini cookies, and cherries and cherry sauce. She was pretty full from the pizza, but she liked it a lot!
disneypicturesone334.jpg

Yummy! I had the "Ugly, but Good" too. My mom got what you got! I tried one but I didn't like them that much. Silly me didn't take any pictures in there. :sad2: I need to get better at that in November!

disneypicturesone345.jpg

Love that! I have the blue T-shirt with that design. :thumbsup2

We went inside the temple thing and I knew about the whisper thing (stand in the middle of the room and whisper and it echoes back to you. If you step out of the center and whisper, it doesn’t echo.) The CM was so excited that I knew about it!
disneypicturesone359.jpg

Ohmygosh! I can't believe I didn't know about this. :eek: So cool!

Weird kid looking happy as he’s gutting a fish
disneypicturesone368.jpg

:laughing:

We went to Club Cool, and I don’t have any pictures. However, I do have this lovely video of me…trying Beverly.

Ick. It was bad. And I don’t know how a soda that is chilled in the soda dispenser thing can feel warm, but it was.

Your face!:rotfl: I tried Beverly again for the first time in years, and I didn't think it was THAT bad! :scared1: I mean, yeah, I can't gulp that down. :laughing: But I didn't like...spit it out or anything like I was expecting to!

YES.
disneypicturesone399.jpg

I love Ellen!

I'm gonna try and visit it in November!

It's great! I couldn't decide if I liked that queue or the Pooh one better. The Pooh one is impossible to play in if it's during the day, but during extra magic hours when there were no little kids I was having a blast. :cool2: Oh and also when we went during the "Walt Disney - Marceline to Magic Kingdom" tour!

I know right. I hate seeing peoples feet over me, but I make do because it's amazing anyways. :cloud9:

Oh I know! I'm going to try and do an update each day, hopefully I'll finish before Thanksgiving because I'd get confused writing 2 trip reports at the same time. :rolleyes:

Cool! Hmm, we thought about going through Pooh, but the line was always really big and we didn't want to use FPs for it. OOH, excited to hear about that tour! The KTTKT was awesome, too; can't wait to write about it!

Oh, the troubles you have, having two trips in a year :lmao: Just kidding, I hope you finish too :goodvibes

OMG THE ZEPPOLES. I legit talk about those things every day, it's really sad.

Beverly was the first soda I've ever tried at Club Cool :rotfl: I love that video though.

We love Ellen. Have you ever seen the video of when she tells Dennis Quaid to go into Starbucks and do everything she tells him to do? OMG so funny, I die everytime.

Joining in!

Great TR so far! I think this one is slowly making me fall in love with Wilderness Lodge just saying. I haven't thought about the place too much and this makes it sound really cool. :thumbsup2

And I love the video of you trying Beverly, oh my gosh :rotfl: I'm so nervous now, I DON'T WANT TO DIE! LOL

And Via Napoli sounds delicious! I think those Zeppoles are calling to me. I may have to book an ADR there.

I promise I'll have much better and LONGER comments for later updates. So keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Cool! Hmm, we thought about going through Pooh, but the line was always really big and we didn't want to use FPs for it. OOH, excited to hear about that tour! The KTTKT was awesome, too; can't wait to write about it!

Oh, the troubles you have, having two trips in a year :lmao: Just kidding, I hope you finish too :goodvibes

OMG THE ZEPPOLES. I legit talk about those things every day, it's really sad.

Beverly was the first soda I've ever tried at Club Cool :rotfl: I love that video though.

We love Ellen. Have you ever seen the video of when she tells Dennis Quaid to go into Starbucks and do everything she tells him to do? OMG so funny, I die everytime.

My tour was great! I'm so excited to hear about yours!! :cool1:

It's a hard knock life. ;) Haha I think I'm doing good so far! I finished Day 1 in two days, but then again, we were only at the park for a couple hours.

Oh my gosh! :laughing: I've been talking about my meal at Le Cellier everyday! Mmm, they have the best mashed potatoes and filet mignon. popcorn::

Ahaha, the video is priceless! I love the watermelon flavored one from China.

YES! My mom and I watch her show religiously lol I love when she does those kind of things! It seemed like my mom and I were the only one laughing at the jokes in the Universe of Energy. Idk why, it's sooo funny! :laughing:

Hi Erin! I just found your new TR and it sounds like you had a great time :) Can't wait to read more!

Joining in!

Great TR so far! I think this one is slowly making me fall in love with Wilderness Lodge just saying. I haven't thought about the place too much and this makes it sound really cool. :thumbsup2

And I love the video of you trying Beverly, oh my gosh :rotfl: I'm so nervous now, I DON'T WANT TO DIE! LOL

And Via Napoli sounds delicious! I think those Zeppoles are calling to me. I may have to book an ADR there.

I promise I'll have much better and LONGER comments for later updates. So keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Thanks!! Aww WL is so great...not sure if I liked it better than AKL though...

AGH Beverly :laughing: I knew it was coming, though. I just wanted to try it. :confused3 It was bad, needless to say haha!

Via Napoli WAS delicious! I tell anyone who will listen about it. If you can, GO! It's awesome...I have yet to read a really negative review.

Aww you're too nice! I promise to keep updating and responding :thumbsup2

Happy you're here!!

Really enjoying your report so far...can not wait for the rest :) great job!: goodvibes

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you're here!

My tour was great! I'm so excited to hear about yours!! :cool1:

It's a hard knock life. ;) Haha I think I'm doing good so far! I finished Day 1 in two days, but then again, we were only at the park for a couple hours.

Oh my gosh! :laughing: I've been talking about my meal at Le Cellier everyday! Mmm, they have the best mashed potatoes and filet mignon. popcorn::

Ahaha, the video is priceless! I love the watermelon flavored one from China.

YES! My mom and I watch her show religiously lol I love when she does those kind of things! It seemed like my mom and I were the only one laughing at the jokes in the Universe of Energy. Idk why, it's sooo funny! :laughing:

Ohh you're doing just fine! I'm all caught up on yours...I keep forgetting to comment :headache: I've told my potato-crazy sister about said mashed potatoes and we're SO booking Le Cellier for next year. EVERY trip we say we're going to go there and never do. Some years we've had reservations and canceled them weeks before the trip :confused3

LOL it IS funny! I love at the end when she's answering all the questions and she's like pressing the buzzer with her nose :lmao:

Hi Erin! I just found your new TR and it sounds like you had a great time :) Can't wait to read more!

Hi!! We really did! Happy you're here! Your boyfriend started the CP by now right? I'm popping over to your PTR now :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!

Awesome job so far! Going to the Wilderness in 4 days, so I can't wait! Also, sorry you had to fly Continental, lol.

Via Napoli looks so yummy! I really want to try it, and believe it or not in the three trips we're going on within 2011-2012, we don't have it in the plans.:sad2: How is that possible?

I, too, am a Malestrom fan! Something about the boat ride that is fun, but relaxing at the same time. I also love the charming little fishing village at the end.:goodvibes

Ohh you're doing just fine! I'm all caught up on yours...I keep forgetting to comment :headache: I've told my potato-crazy sister about said mashed potatoes and we're SO booking Le Cellier for next year. EVERY trip we say we're going to go there and never do. Some years we've had reservations and canceled them weeks before the trip :confused3

LOL it IS funny! I love at the end when she's answering all the questions and she's like pressing the buzzer with her nose :lmao:
[/FONT

Thanks! & Don't worry about it. :goodvibes Le Cellier is now a must for us! Your potato-crazy sister will loooove them. :thumbsup2 I wish I took pictures from that meal, but I only took pics of dessert. :headache: Haha I was shocked I was able to get ressies! Especially for the day after Thanksgiving, that's such a busy weekend. :scared1: Silly pre-DIS me from 2 years ago thought we could see if there were any openings while we were there one day. :rolleyes:

:rotfl: I love that! And Stupid Judy! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!