Leaving for MCO early and express checkout

nluvwithmickey

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!

We are leaving pretty soon and I was wondering about our return home :sad1:
(already!). I know it sucks, but in order for me to enjoy my stay, I need to know the answer to a couple of questions...

We will be flying out of MCO at 7:50am and using DME. I presume we ill be boarding the bus 2 to 3 hours before that time:scared1: . What I am wondering is how does the checking out work when leavng at such an early time. we usually do the xpress checkout and get an envelope on our door knob the day we leave. I imagine that at the time we will be leaving the resort, there won't be an envelope on our door knob.... Will I have to check out the night before? Seems logical to me unless I am missing something....

Anyone with experience in leaving early know?

If you want a copy of the bill stop at the front desk the night before. Just tell them you don't want it on the door in the morning.

You will most likely have to take your bags to the airport and check them yourself. The notice we got said if your flight was before 8am, ME could not resort check your bags. Make sure you've got a full 3 hours. Count on 1 hour to get to the airport (buses make several stops), 2 hours to check in. MCO is generally VERY busy early in the am on the w/ends.

Other trips I've been on we've done the express check out with a very early flight. As long as they have your CC on file, they'll just bill it. We did get a copy of our bill early. You can always request one the night before and check to assure it's right.

Just tell the desk when you check in that you'll be leaving at xxx time. If they can't get you the bill by then, I'm sure they could just mail it.

If your flight leaves at 7:50, DME will be picking you up at approximately 4:50 am.

If you are using your room card to charge everything, you will get express checkout. The night before your departure, you will receive your bill on your door handle (not sure what time they put them there but I recall it being overnight as when I woke up in the morning, it was there -- we had a 7 am departure). If everything is accounted for, no errors are made on the bill, simply leave, and they will charge your credit card. Should you charge breakfast, any extra souveniers before you leave, you then receive a revised bill in the mail, with the additional charges being charged to your credit card.

Call lugguage services the night before and they will take your luggage down for you in the morning.

I do this everytime and makes my vacation much more worry free. (You can also get a print out of your charges at any time from the lobby concerige or pay it off at any time to start re-charging as their are limits at each level of resort: $500 at Values, $1000 at Mods and $1500 at Deluxes.)

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter