Le Cellier or Steakhouse 71

Food is so subjective that I would no make my decision based on someone's else review. I have been to so many Disney restaurant's that got great reviews that I thought were way over rated and I like
a lot of restaurants that everyone else seems to hate. To me if the budget fits and the menu looks appetizing then give it a shot you'll never no unless you try.

Trying to decide which to do!
Ive done breakfast at 71, but skipped Le Cellier last trip... but heard how amazing it was!
Then this morning I saw this:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/le-cellier-review/

Is LE Cellier over rated? Should I just go to Steakhouse 71 instead?
Le Cellier has been over rated for many, many years. Yet people still go.

Steakhouse 71 is a relatively new venue. Being local, we've done it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoyed breakfast & lunch. Dinner was disappointing.

So? Flip a coin.

We had our first bad meal at Le Cellier a month ago. Four diners, four filet's and only one cooked properly. It's too much $$ for a bad meal. It was our go-to favorite too.

We enjoy Steakhouse 71 and have eaten there three times since it opened in the fall. It's really good, however we have a new favorite which is Toppolino's at Riviera. The filet I had there was the best.

Enjoy!

Le Cellier might well be overrated. It was a reasonable value before it went to signature restaurant pricing a few years ago without any real changes in food quality or service, at the time the dining plan upped the charge to two dining plan credits. Before that, it was a nice mid-range (for WDW) steakhouse. Steakhouse 71 is a nice mid-range steakhouse, not a signature. Compare the prices between them to see the difference. We figure at least $20 pp plus tax and gratuity. The LC food and service is not $20 pp better in my opinion. YMMV.

LeCellier is definitely overrated in my opinion. Best steak and service on property is Shula’s at the Dolphin. Yachtsman is very good, too. I haven’t been to Steakhouse 71 yet, going in August!

Food is so subjective that I would no make my decision based on someone's else review. I have been to so many Disney restaurant's that got great reviews that I thought were way over rated and I like
a lot of restaurants that everyone else seems to hate. To me if the budget fits and the menu looks appetizing then give it a shot you'll never no unless you try.
I 100% agree with this. I had always wanted to try Le Cellier but didn't really discover it until right after it became a signature and people started giving it bad reviews. As a result DW and I always talked ourselves out of it. If we were on the dining plan we would say it wasn't worth 2 credits (which I do generally agree with considering what you can get at the right non-signatures with 2 credits), or if we were OOP we'd say we had seen a bad review and decide to try something else.

But on our most recent trip we finally talked ourselves into trying it, barely. I almost called it off a few times but DW said that we had talked about it for years and we were going to go and finally be able to say yes, we'd do it again sometime or one and done for us. We would definitely do it again, I am happy to say. It is not the best steak on property, but it was very good, the service was great, and the pretzel bread dipped in that cheese soup is almost good enough to justify going on it's own.

If you like the menu give it a try. There have been menus that we were iffy on but a family member we were traveling with wanted to try and we really enjoyed and there have been menus that we thought looked great but the meal ended up being terrible. Food is so subjective that in the end you have to try for yourself.

We like Le Cellier & think the food is very good. However, it is crazy expensive for a crowded theme park restaurant. We will go every few trips, but it isn’t a must do for us because of the price. Almost $200 for 2 people, with apps, entrees & desserts but no alcohol.

Our dinner at steakhouse 71 was ok, nothing special at all. We really liked the steak sandwich & onion rings at lunch. The room is also crowded & loud. But the prices are more reasonable.

Having been to both, you can't go wrong. We've had great meals at both. I just checked in with DH to get his feedback, and he likes Le Cellier's food a little better. I, on the other hand like Steakhouse 71's food a little better, and I like the ambiance at SH71 better than Le Cellier.

So, how's that for a decisive answer?

Have a magical stay, and enjoy the steak wherever you decide to go!

I agree that if you want to try a Disney restaurant, do that, ignoring what others say.

As mentioned, you might have a great meal at a place people love to hate. Like Tony's, for example.

Any restaurant can have a bad day, so we generally give a second try to those we didn't particularly enjoy unless the atmosphere or some other physical aspect was displeasing enough we aren't interested in returning.

We have never had a bad meal at Le Cellier. Yes the price has increased and may not be worth it. We have yet to try Steakhouse 71. But I worry about a Steak House that is pushing their all their sauces for their steaks. Living in the midwest with awesome steaks, a good steak doesn't need a sauce.

Potentially unpopular opinion, but I'm more apt to go for a table service at a resort than a park. If I'm already in the park for the day, I'm enjoying all the special offerings of the park. I personally enjoy my table service offerings when I'm more relaxed and it is the event of the evening, not just one element. Then again, I'm a fan of the Epcot Festivals and just snacking throughout the day. Assuming it's the steak and not the cheddar soup, I'd go for Steakhouse 71 or Shula's. Then snag my cheddar soup at the festival booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter