Le Cellier or Le Cat Food

From Mike Scopa's live blog from WDW:

Wow--imagine how booked the restaurant would be if the food was any good! :rotfl:

LOL!!! I love it.

Seriously...when I hear people saying "I don't understand the raves and why it is hyped up" I am confused. It is obviously raved about and "hyped up" because those people had excellent meals there.

Everyone is different and I take reviews with a grain of salt. I read many amazing reviews of Le Cellier and luckily I ended up agreeing 100%. I love it and will be eating there Monday.

Now WCC I hear great things and I was turned off there...BUT we are giving it another try next week. I never cross something off my list off just 1 try.

With respect to everyone's opinion, remember, we all have different tastes and likes and dislikes. We found LC to be very tasty, with great service and a nice atmosphere. I had the Mushroom Filet as a main, and the sorbet, and loved em both! As an added plus, it was the final night for a much beloved server, and many of her coworkers were there for a meal that night, serenading her with a great rendition of "Oh Canada". :) . I would not discount the experiences of others, but considering the shear number of people served as this restaurant, as with all others at WDW, there are bound to be good meals, and meals that are not quite up to snuff. Go with an open mind and tummy, and judge for yourself!!

I am sorry you had a bad experience at Le Cellier. We had dinner there on 8/12, me, dh, ds14 and ds8. We were also looking forward to this restaurant after reading all the great reviews from both here and allearsnet. IMHO, it was good, not great. The pretzel breadsticks were good, but the bread at Kona and O'hana were better. We all had steaks and thought it was good, but not anything to write home about. We thought the dinner at Coral Reef was better. We will be going to WDW again next year and Le Cellier is not on our list of restaurant to return to.

We are just back and had a late lunch at LeCellier on Saturday. It was wonderful! I have eaten there every year for the past 3 years and this was the best meal I have had. I ordered the maple BBQ filet, the shrimp cocktail and had the creme brulee for dessert. The shrimp was wonderful as always. I am sad that they changed the presentation - it used to come on top of the wasabi slaw in a chinese carryout container and it was so cute. However, the taste is still superb. My steak was medium rare and was just as flavorful and tender as was my friend's medium well steak. The maple BBQ was served on the side and complimented the cream cheese mashed potatoes. The creme brulee was wonderful and just right as the finishing touch. Our server was awesome and attentive and this was the best meal of the trip! :thumbsup2

What a shame. I am sorry your experience was not a pleasant one.

I think we all have that in our lives. Someone says this restaurant is phenominal and when you try it....well, let's just say you think you got the wrong restaurant.

We thoroughly enjoyed both the restaurants that you mentioned and have already booked both for our trip in December.

Heck, think of any resturant that you go to a lot. Do you ALWAYS get what you expect or some days do you get underwhelmed? I know I'm a picky eater, and love O'charley's because I can actually order stuff and not have to special order :D. We went like 3 or 4 times, and LOVED the food. Then the next couple of times, ehhh was ok, steak was overdone or more charred then I like, so we didnt go back for a month or 2. Went back was better, but not as good, then the last couple of times it was awesome again. I just think it will vary depending on who's cooking, what the meat supply is like, how the temperature is set etc etc. It doesnt suprise me at all that you will have wildly differning reviews on any resturant. Unless it's like a 5 start joint, then I would expect you'd get many more positive reviews.

I'm FALLING over laughing at the title! :laughing:

Definitely was Le Cat Food for us, too.

It was also Le I Cant See My Plate Cause It's So Dark

and

Le Dirtiest Bathroom I've Ever Seen In EPCOT

Had dinner at Le Cellier last Thursday night. My mussels appetizer was very small (the mussels were the size of peas--I get better at Carrabba's, a chain restaurant in NJ) and my mushroom filet was VERY, VERY salty. The only good thing about that dinner was my S'mores dessert. I should have listened to DH and skipped LC this trip. I had heartburn for two days!

Kickapoo, I agree about the bathrooms. And the ladies room was ridiculous--2 stalls??!!! I guess Canadian women don't usually need to use the bathroom while dining out? :confused3

To each his own, though. And, yes, I know what comes next--good if I don't like it, it means more availabilty for those of you who do!!! :rotfl:

The chef left to run Jiko's. I wonder if the hit or miss experiences have increased due to this?

I have been wondering if this would have an impact on the quality of LC. When my family ate there last fall, it was by far the best dining experience (food, service, etc) of our entire trip.

I have been wondering if this would have an impact on the quality of LC. When my family ate there last fall, it was by far the best dining experience (food, service, etc) of our entire trip.

In all our WDW trips this is one we have passed up and finally made ADRs for our upcoming trip later this year. We've eaten at almost every TS resturant at WDW and most CS ones also except this one and maybe 5 or 10 others mainly because we have to include some of those we have enjoyed in the past. It will be interesting to see what we think about it because of all the mixed reviews in just this thread. It seems like you either love it or hate it. But hey the DW and I really liked the Norway buffet, but our two DS didn't, but they were in their eariler teens when we went.

Larry

Ate there again Fri. 8/31 and once again it was the best meal of our trip. From our experience, we continue to get outstanding service, food quality and atmosphere.

Or maybe we just really like cat food. :rotfl:

It's too bad that you didn't enjoy your meal, especially when you go with such high expectations from everything you read before hand. We had reservations Christmas '05 that were booked along with our Candlelight Processional and DH and I loved our meal. It was a great way to spend Christmas Eve and I would certainly go back another time. The meal and the atmosphere was great.

Hopefully you get a chance to try it again and it is everything everyone says it is!!:)

wow, I just read a RAVE review about San Angel Inn, and I am SO glad that I changed my ressie from le Cellier to there! That is so disappointing! I can't believe how terrible that sounds! Hopefully the rest of your trip was good!!

Wow and I was upset that I couldnt get a ADR there for next week. Looks like it might have been an blessing.

I would still like to try it for myself. Hoping for a walk-in

We ate there last week and it was the best meal we had all week. The mushroom filet mignon was delicious. The only complaint that I might have was that it, or the risotto underneath, was a little salty. DS ate every bit of his strip steak. DH got the same as me and enjoyed it.

The chocolate moose was more cute than anything, but it was tasty too. The others ate the smores and liked them.

The waiter we had was SO nice. I think his name was Patrick and he kept coming over to make sure we had everything. Everyone was nice there, even when my DD was being a pain and she kept getting out of her seat and sitting on the floor. She was getting sick and was very cranky at that point. The CMs were almost tripping over her as we tried to get her back in her seat and they were like "oh, it's ok, don't worry about it" and were very careful as they went around her.

We never felt rushed. My DS was coming down with a cold and took forever to eat his steak and the waiter kept coming to see if he was done kidding around with him saying that he was surprised that he was able to eat that much because kids usually leave half of it behind. Finally, like half an hour later, when my DS was down to the last few pieces did the waiter tell him to give it up already (joking around) and took the plate. I don't blame him though because my DS did take forever. They never rushed dessert or rushed us to get out when DH and the kids took a long time going to the bathroom and left me sitting there.

We're going back there in November and paying OOP.

To the poster who wants to try it as a walk-in, when we arrived for our ADR, the waiting area was full of people waiting and yet they seated us right away. I think they were walk-ins so you might have a shot.

To the poster who is going to San Angel Inn, we ate there too and it was good. I had the combination and it was good, but the tenderloin had some kind of spice on it that I didn't care for, but it didn't stop me from eating it all up. LOL The CMs were great there too.

Being one of our favorite restaurants, we have made a tradition of always booking an ADR for the first night of our vacation. We have always had awesome food and service at LeCellier. We depart on 10-10-07 and are looking forward to continuing this tradition and introducing my parents to a great dining experience.

the cheese soup is so good they serve it during the food & wine fest. it can't be bad if it's surved there right? been on the F&W selling for years now right?

Just ate there, had the cheese soup, mushroom filet, and creme brulee. Service was great, food tasted good, but I think it made me sick because I was um having "protein spills" all night long. I can't completely target this as the cause, but it's the only thing I had eaten all afternoon and night. I felt better the next day.... so just be careful.

Just returned from 12 days on the DDP. I felt I had to let everyone know that our meal at Le Cellier was horrible! Really, really bad. I fell for the hype and booked an inconvenient late lunch just so I could be one of the lucky Le Cellier diners on day 11 of our trip.
The meal started with very blah breadsticks. I had the Caesar salad appetizer. It was a log of water with less taste than some bottled water has. DS choked down a spoonful of the melted cheese soup. My daughter was able to eat the broth of the beef and barley soup. DH actually liked his cheese soup but don't be fooled - he hates all soup and has an over the top love for melted cheese. So if you took a brick of cheese; melted it; and added a straw, he'd be very, very happy.
For dinner: Me - The maple fillet - I really didn't think they would douse a fillet with WDW BBQ sauce but that's what they did except the cut was anything but fillet. It was fatty, greasy, and purple. DS had the NY sirloin - all fat. He left most of it on his plate. DD had the pork chops- all fat - also unable to eat. DH had the vegetarian dish and liked it.
Dessert: Me-chocolate whiskey cake. Ate one bite of the frozen/defrosted, dry, tasteless hunk of cake. DS said creme brule was good. DD had the mediocre shake and DH had the ice cream: He couldn't tell the difference between the peach and blackberry other than the coloring. So all in all it was nearly the most disappointing meal of the 12 days. The service by Kala was superb and the only thing that kept this meal from being the worst at WDW (that honor goes to Concourse for their bad food and extremely rude and poor service.)

WoW.........
I must tell you that our experience was much more pleasant. We had lunch there on our last trip. We really enjoyed the breadsticks by the way. We had sandwiches, me, the prime rib; very good. DH, the burger; very tasty. Actually one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. We shared the Creme Brulee. YummY! As for service, our waiter got an A+. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter