Laundry

KerryCM

DIS Veteran
For the first time my husband and I will be doing an extended trip and will need to do laundry on the second half of the trip. We will be at the Boardwalk Inn. I know the laundry room is on the 3rd floor, but I am unsure of how to pay? Could someone please help me? Thank you!

For the first time my husband and I will be doing an extended trip and will need to do laundry on the second half of the trip. We will be at the Boardwalk Inn. I know the laundry room is on the 3rd floor, but I am unsure of how to pay? Could someone please help me? Thank you!

If it's like the other resorts, it's all credit/debit card payment. The machines are also web-enabled so you can check the status of your machine on your phone. We got caught in a downpour at Animal Kingdom one year and put all our clothes in a dryer on our way to breakfast at the food court the next morning. It was super easy.

Good reason to consider DVC if you do long stays much: Laundry room machines are free to those in a studio. If you're in the larger villas, you've a stacking washer-dryer.

Works for you even if renting points for a stay.

Good reason to consider DVC if you do long stays much: Laundry room machines are free to those in a studio. If you're in the larger villas, you've a stacking washer-dryer.

Works for you even if renting points for a stay.
Thank you! We are doing a split stay for the first time. I am a retired cast member, so my discounts makes for a very affordable trip!

Thank you! We are doing a split stay for the first time. I am a retired cast member, so my discounts makes for a very affordable trip!

I never read about this happening to anyone else but it happens to me for whatever reason, but just FYI.... both the vending machine with detergent and the washer/dryer machines don't take Amex, only Visa/Mastercard. My only Visa/Mastercard is my debit card and the combination of quick $1.00 (vending machine) and $3.00 (washer) charges sometimes sets off fraud alerts with my bank. Or sometimes it's been fine with the first two but then later on when doing the dryer ($3.00) it decides to stop that one. And other times I haven't had any issues.

It likely won't be a problem for you, but just passing on my experience.

I never read about this happening to anyone else but it happens to me for whatever reason, but just FYI.... both the vending machine with detergent and the washer/dryer machines don't take Amex, only Visa/Mastercard. My only Visa/Mastercard is my debit card and the combination of quick $1.00 (vending machine) and $3.00 (washer) charges sometimes sets off fraud alerts with my bank. Or sometimes it's been fine with the first two but then later on when doing the dryer ($3.00) it decides to stop that one. And other times I haven't had any issues.

Thank you for that information. I will be using a Visa credit card.

Not sure if it has reached BWI yet,but Disney is converting the Laundries to payment via Smartphone only.

This was from an All-Star Sports Laundry last month:

52638148837_81f7fa4ba1_c.jpg

52638148867_9b6cfdbf1f_c.jpg

What happened to Free Laundry for DVC Resort Guests in laundry room ?

And why is it considered quick & convenient if I have to
Scan QR code
Download Apple App on phone for CSC Pay Mobile Apple. Com
Purchase credit using my credit card I assume ,
Must set up account to add Funds to your wallet and to check balance and to check if machine is available

Last edited:
Scan QR code
Must set up account to add Funds to your wallet and to check balance and to check if machine is available .

In other words just another kick back for Disney from another company hoping to profit from Disney , increasing costs to consumers with added tech !
And ultimately selling our information for more profit from consumers .

The more we log In , the more times Corporate can churn and sell .
It makes it look like each one of us are multiple customers every time.

Which explains all the different times Disney wants us to log in Over and Over again .

I admit I know nothing about Tech but I am just trying to make sense of this .
It does not make sense and is not convenient and also those QR Codes can be scammed .
The example shown was from All Star Sports. Looks like they simply converted from Laundryview to the new system.

Nothing has changed at DVC resorts. Still free.

Though we rarely do laundry, we always pack a small dry powder packet (or a few). If you travel often, it is a good thing to have, and only takes up a tiny bit of space.
The trick is to find one that is not liquid.

Scan QR code
Must set up account to add Funds to your wallet and to check balance and to check if machine is available
Nothing happened to free laundry in DVC.
Why did you think it was gone?

And you may not like it buy believe it or not, others out there really do find smart phone apps a huge benefit to buy things. I do it for parking. I'd much rather open an app, enter the lot number and pay than stand in line at a machine.

I know the laundry room is on the 3rd floor, but I am unsure of how to pay? Could someone please help me? Thank you!

I am staying on the Inn side, not DVC.
You might want to double check while you are at the BC. The BW Inn Side where the self-service laundry is located on the 3rd floor is past the elevators where the current room refresh is happening.

Dave

You might want to double check while you are at the BC. The BW Inn Side where the self-service laundry is located on the 3rd floor is past the elevators where the current room refresh is happening.

Dave

The laundry room is directly outside the alcove to the elevator. Not up or down the hall but you walk out of the elevator, turn right and look at the laundry room entrance. So not sure they can ever close access to it since you wouldn't be able to exit the elevator area if you couldn't reach that door.
Now, they may close it to refurb something inside it. Or update it as the PP mentioned, but you'll always have access to where the door is at least.
Laundry room is the yellow area, door is the red X. Elevators those black boxes
1675695167036.png

The laundry room is directly outside the alcove to the elevator.
That's why I suggested @KerryCM might want to double check since I have not see how they blocked off the current work area at the elevator lobby on each floor. They are currently working on the entire south section from the Elevators.

I also see that the BW Inn Laundry room status does not show up correctly on Laundryview. There should be 4 washers and 6 dryers but currently the washers don't show up and the Dryer status is not updating.

https://www.laundryview.com/home/8181/4567531/BOARDWALK-INN/BOARDWALK-INN

ETA: Add link to Landryview...

Dave

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I may have Lene check for me or take a walk over while we are at the Beach Club for the first part of the trip.

Instead of starting a new thread, figured I would just piggyback on this one. Does anyone know of any laundry services that will pick up your clothes at your resort and return them to you? We are staying longer than normal for MW and would like to not take a ton of clothes in addition to all my running clothes. Would love to send some clothes out to be cleaned after about 3 or 4 days.

Yes there are third-party groups that offer this service. They offer Free resort Pickup and Dropoff with a minimum $35 transaction.

The one that comes to mind is: The Laundry Room. They offer pickups and deliveries daily from 8 am – 1 pm and from 1 pm – 6 pm. They also have some additional upgrades:
  • Hang dry: $0.25lb.
  • Cold air tumble dry: $0.25lb
  • Hang dry, returned on hangers: $1.00lb
https://orlandolaundryroom.com/about-us/pricing/

Dave

Yes there are third-party groups that offer this service. They offer Free resort Pickup and Dropoff with a minimum $35 transaction.

The one that comes to mind is: The Laundry Room. They offer pickups and deliveries daily from 8 am – 1 pm and from 1 pm – 6 pm. They also have some additional upgrades:

Dave
Awesome! Thank you!!!

Dave
Sorry to bring this thread back up. But my wife had a question regarding the service. Do you have to be present for the Laundry Room to pick up your laundry or can you leave it with the front desk and they will pick it up with them? Vice versa on the return of the laundered clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter