Laundry?

redboat45

DIS Veteran
We're staying in a studio. Is the laundry room at the resort free like all of the other DVC properties?

We're going Friday and are trying to pack light to keep room for souvenirs.

Some have experienced free laundry if staying on points. When I stayed in March 2020, the CM told me that the free tokens were only for DVC members. Regardless, the laundry facilities are available to everyone.

Some have experienced free laundry if staying on points. When I stayed in March 2020, the CM told me that the free tokens were only for DVC members. Regardless, the laundry facilities are available to everyone.
ok thanks. So I'll ask at the desk then since we're DVC members on points.

Yes, just ask for tokens if you are a DVC Member staying on points. Really, it should be for anybody staying on points (renting from an owner), but depending on the CM you get when asking for tokens, some will ask to see your DVC member white/blue card. If staying on cash, and not points, you just need to buy tokens using their "change" machine to us the laundry machines, but they are available for all to use.

Great3

Last edited:

I would push back if not given tokens if staying on points, the dvc member who owns the points pay for laundry through dues, same as parking.

Oh, I agree, just saying, sometimes you have to fight for it, when staying on points. It kinda ruins the mood a little when you are on vacation, just don't want to be arguing.

Great

Last edited:
We just stayed on rented points and were not given tokens... they were $1 a pop and it was 4 to wash 4 to dry.

We reserved a studio for our friends using my DVC points & when they asked about doing laundry, the CM checking them in gave them about 20 tokens. I was not there to show my DVC card, it was just shown on their reservation that their room was on DVC points. Did you ask about that at the front desk @AquaDame ?

We reserved a studio for our friends using my DVC points & when they asked about doing laundry, the CM checking them in gave them about 20 tokens. I was not there to show my DVC card, it was just shown on their reservation that their room was on DVC points. Did you ask about that at the front desk @AquaDame ?

I did, and they asked if we were owners or renting. I didn't think much of it at the time - to be honest I'm happier with free parking than I would have been with the free tokens for the one load we chose to do. :)

I did, and they asked if we were owners or renting. I didn't think much of it at the time - to be honest I'm happier with free parking than I would have been with the free tokens for the one load we chose to do. :)

That's unfortunate. as @GusGus16 stated above, it shouldn't matter because dues are paid & include parking AND laundry. bummers that CMs are not consistent.

Next time don't say you are renting. Just say you are a guest of a friend, they used their points to let you stay. You may be renting points, but you are still a guest of the owner, and in this case, a "new friend" of the owner. Emphasize it was booked using DVC points for you.

I know it's all in the past now, but that would make me boil, being an owner at Aulani, if my family (parents/brothers/sisters) or other guests (rental or not) don't get the benefits I pay MF dues for, when they are my guest.

Great3

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'll ask at check in. I assume there is detergent available to buy?
We always take our own detergent. You can easily take Tide Pods, powder detergent, or even liquid detergent in a travel bottle. We put the detergent in a plastic container and then use that container to protect any fragile souvenirs we purchase.

We stayed on rented points and were given free tokens. Its worth asking, since it seems to be CM dependant. We brought our Tide pods and dryer sheets from home and did two loads of wash. I found the machines worked very fast - check back after about 30-40 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter