Laundry services

kickash

Mouseketeer
We will be staying in a studio this July so we won't have a washer and dryer, but I do plan on washing clothes while we are there. What has been your experience with the self-serve laundry facilities? The website does not list prices (just says available for a fee). Anyone know how much it is? I will call before we go to inquire. I am assuming it is similar to the cruise ship where it is attached to my room? Or will it take credit cards/coins? I will bring my own detergent, dryer sheets, etc. Unlike the cruise ships, I am assuming there is no way to know when the laundry is finished so I will just have to watch the time. Any input is appreciated!

We always get a one bedroom at aulani so we have laundry in room. I believe the laundry room is free of charge. But if there is a charge I doubt if it takes your room card. I know there is one on first floor of ewa building. Don’t know about the other building. I always bring pods and dryer sheets from home.and when I’m traveling to other places where I have to pay I usually bring a bag of $10 worth of quarters.

I was there over a year ago, so things may have changed, there are two laundry rooms. When I was there, there were only a few functioning washers, which was super disappointing for the size of resort, so to get the laundry done we had to wait, middle of the day/morning was better than at night. The washer/dryers did not accept credit card or room card only quarters or tokens. I think it was 1.25 or 1.50 for a load of laundry and then for the drying. If you own DVC or renting DVC points you can get tokens free of charge at the front desk.

I was there over a year ago, so things may have changed, there are two laundry rooms. When I was there, there were only a few functioning washers, which was super disappointing for the size of resort, so to get the laundry done we had to wait, middle of the day/morning was better than at night. The washer/dryers did not accept credit card or room card only quarters or tokens. I think it was 1.25 or 1.50 for a load of laundry and then for the drying. If you own DVC or renting DVC points you can get tokens free of charge at the front desk.
Oh that is very interesting. We are renting points. I will give them a call and inquire. I normally take quarters and will be sure to do that as well this time. Thank you!!

1BR and 2BR villas (and larger) have laundry in-room. If you are staying on DVC points in a studio (rented or owned), you can get free laundry tokens from the front desk. They will give you however many you need. Otherwise, I *think* its around $3.00 a load, so PP's estimates may be correct.

We had a similar experience as PP. We arrived around 4pm on a Saturday and the first thing I wanted to do was laundry. I lugged our suitcase full of dirty clothes down to the laundry room in Ewa tower - only 3 washers, and two of them were out of order. So I lugged everything over to Waianae tower, which also had 3 washers but luckily one was open. There were several dryers. I will say that the washer and dryers work fast - I checked back in 30 minutes and they were done. So they are of laundromat speed and efficiency.

I know WDW has a web site where you can check the status of the machines in the laundry room from your phone, but I don't believe this is active at Aulani.

I believe there was a limit to the number of tokens they give you per day.

The front desk gave us enough for 4 loads at one time. So either the limit is more than that, or its enforced at the CM's discretion. I'll also add that she didn't even enter my name in the computer to verify I was staying on points, so if there is a limit, I'd question how its actually tracked. You could likely go back down later and ask a different CM for more if needed.

Was just at Aulani a couple weeks ago. All the washer and dryers were working in waianae tower. Did not check if they were alll working. Just looked in laundry room and none of them had an out of ordr sign. Also we checked at about 5pm and there was only one dryer going and the 3 washing machines were not being used.

We had a studio and they would give us 12 tokens per day for staying on rented points. The machines need 3 tokens for washing, 3 for drying, and 2 for soap/dryer sheets... I don't know how much the tokens cost though, since they were free for us. The washing machine took 30 minutes and the dryer takes 45 minutes. There were only 3 washing machines (6 dryers) in our laundry room, so you might have to keep checking back for an empty machine.

We had a studio and they would give us 12 tokens per day for staying on rented points. The machines need 3 tokens for washing, 3 for drying, and 2 for soap/dryer sheets... I don't know how much the tokens cost though, since they were free for us. The washing machine took 30 minutes and the dryer takes 45 minutes. There were only 3 washing machines (6 dryers) in our laundry room, so you might have to keep checking back for an empty machine.
Thank you! I appreciate this info. We will most likely wash at least once, maybe twice. I wish they had an app like the cruise does so I could track it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter