Laughable AP Offer Mon - Wed up to May 25th

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
I just received an AP offer for a room at AS Music most Monday - Wednesday stays April 23 - May 23. That is a 200sf room for $110+ per night after tax. I laugh because that is a slow time at Disney and that is the best they can do at a garbage resort. I am paying less than $79/nt for a 3BR luxury resort.

This is how much Disney cares about you.

I just received an AP offer for a room at AS Music most Monday - Wednesday stays April 23 - May 23. That is a 200sf room for $110+ per night after tax. I laugh because that is a slow time at Disney and that is the best they can do at a garbage resort. I am paying less than $79/nt for a 3BR luxury resort.

Plus nightly parking fees, don't forget .

They can't give Music away, and they think that is a special offer? :laughing: Lucky you!

I just stayed in a nice two room suite with awesome cooked to order breakfast buffet and evening beer, wine and mixed drinks for the same amount.

For the last couple of years we had put up with the getting less and paying more mentality of Disney but this new parking fee was the last straw for us. Shopped around for offsite locations and got a great deal on a 1 bedroom at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Called Disney last night and cancelled our Bounceback offer that we had with them. Even with the discount on the Disney hotel we are still saving over $1500 going offsite. Wish I would have looked into it sooner.

Hey they got to pay for these new construction projects some how. I wont be surprised if the trend of raising prices and rolling back /limiting number of discount offerings continues. Got to pad and protect that bottom line profit margin.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They can't give Music away, and they think that is a special offer? :laughing: Lucky you!

I just stayed in a nice two room suite with awesome cooked to order breakfast buffet and evening beer, wine and mixed drinks for the same amount.

Where did you stay HopperFan ? I am looking for a one day/nite hotel. A few years back you recommended Red Lion and that has become our "go to" place for a quick one night stay. I am curious where you stayed with a cooked to order breakfast and evening drinks. I want to add it to my list of possibilities.

For the last couple of years we had put up with the getting less and paying more mentality of Disney but this new parking fee was the last straw for us. Shopped around for offsite locations and got a great deal on a 1 bedroom at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Called Disney last night and cancelled our Bounceback offer that we had with them. Even with the discount on the Disney hotel we are still saving over $1500 going offsite. Wish I would have looked into it sooner.

Agreed. We too are all about WBC. Planning our third spring break stay in a row for next March.

All of my offsite stays started when my daughter was in 2nd grade. She was on a school schedule of 9 weeks on / 3 weeks off. I had some vacation available in Dec outside of the XMas vacation. I didn't have someone to watch her for a week and a 1-week camp was about $300. I found WBC online for $500 in a 2BR unit. I decided it was worth a try and worse case we are in FL out of the cold and grey. Then, mom wanted to go and her friend wanted to go. So, we split it 3-ways. It was the absolute best trip we ever had. That is what sold me initially. Now, I did stay onsite a few more times after. We got DVC 1BR units for $1,000 and $1,200. Those were great too, but those are extremely rare. My experience in offsite rentals go like this:

WBC Dec 2014: 2BR $500
SSR July 2015: 1BR $1,000
WBC Dec 2015: 1BR $500
WBC June 2017: 1BR $560
OLR June 2017: 2BR $700
Reunion June 2017: 3BR $550

If you add all of those up, it is the same price Disney charges for a 1BR for a week over the Summer months. The SSR was through an RCI exchange, so not exactly legal, but they can be had. The down side is if Disney finds out about it, they can cancel the reservation.

Where did you stay HopperFan ? I am looking for a one day/nite hotel. A few years back you recommended Red Lion and that has become our "go to" place for a quick one night stay. I am curious where you stayed with a cooked to order breakfast and evening drinks. I want to add it to my list of possibilities.

Obviously not HopperFan, but I believe he's referring to the Embassy Suites.

There's one in Lake buena Vista, and one in Lake Buena Vista South. I believe these are the two closest.

Agree with all of you- we were exclusive onsite Disney people. Until we stayed at Universal deluxe resorts and saw the light! True deluxe resorts and perks! Stayed at off-site resorts and saved$$. The perks we thought were so important fizzled away! Disney doesn't care about repeat visitors! I now stay at off-site hotels, accrue points, and get free stays! I guess I should thank Disney for their greed- our vacations are now better and cheaper!

Agree with all of you- we were exclusive onsite Disney people. Until we stayed at Universal deluxe resorts and saw the light! True deluxe resorts and perks! Stayed at off-site resorts and saved$$. The perks we thought were so important fizzled away! Disney doesn't care about repeat visitors! I now stay at off-site hotels, accrue points, and get free stays! I guess I should thank Disney for their greed- our vacations are now better and cheaper!
Totally agree feel like we get a better deal at universal hotels. The embassy suites at lbv south is a nice one as is the doubletree suites at dis.

I'm really tempted and interested in the WBC resort, i read through the pages in that specific thread but its a bit overwhelming! Anyone got any quick and easy advice on how to check costs?

All of my offsite stays started when my daughter was in 2nd grade. She was on a school schedule of 9 weeks on / 3 weeks off. I had some vacation available in Dec outside of the XMas vacation. I didn't have someone to watch her for a week and a 1-week camp was about $300. I found WBC online for $500 in a 2BR unit. I decided it was worth a try and worse case we are in FL out of the cold and grey. Then, mom wanted to go and her friend wanted to go. So, we split it 3-ways. It was the absolute best trip we ever had. That is what sold me initially. Now, I did stay onsite a few more times after. We got DVC 1BR units for $1,000 and $1,200. Those were great too, but those are extremely rare. My experience in offsite rentals go like this:

WBC Dec 2014: 2BR $500
SSR July 2015: 1BR $1,000
WBC Dec 2015: 1BR $500
WBC June 2017: 1BR $560
OLR June 2017: 2BR $700
Reunion June 2017: 3BR $550

If you add all of those up, it is the same price Disney charges for a 1BR for a week over the Summer months. The SSR was through an RCI exchange, so not exactly legal, but they can be had. The down side is if Disney finds out about it, they can cancel the reservation.

What's OLR?

I'm really tempted and interested in the WBC resort, i read through the pages in that specific thread but its a bit overwhelming! Anyone got any quick and easy advice on how to check costs?

I was also firmly in the on-site camp, but we planned a last-minute trip (after not going for a few years)last fall,and I couldn't hack the Dis prices. We bought a week at a Calif. timeshare two years ago, and my eyes have been opened to the timeshare deals.
So, we stayed at WBC last year and loved it, esp the space. There are timeshare resale agencies you can use. Call Wholesale HOliday Rentals, that's who I used and they were great. Vacation Upgrades is another. You can also check ebay. Remember, prices are lower within 60 days of travel, so if you can wait, that's a great way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter