Latest School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is one of the more commonly called-for restrictions: penalties for legal owners who allow their weapons to be used by others who cannot legally own them, if those ineligible owners use the gun(s) in the commission of a crime.

If my kid gets drunk on the beer in my fridge and he gets behind the wheel and injures someone, I'm criminally liable for providing that alcohol. But if I keep a gun in my nightstand and my kid kills someone with it, I face no penalty for providing that firearm.
Yes..but I fail to see how that pertains to my comment? especially given my previous comment already made on this thread about not liking when it's kids getting a hold of guns because of improper storage.

I'm not saying no review of things for pete's sake. Just stop talking about only restrictions without wanting to discuss other things.

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of that part of out history. I find it fascinating but ...yowsa! Can you imagine the outrage if something like that happened today over unfair law enforcement policies? Citizens throwing molotov cocktails at the police, using dynamite to bring down the jail, cutting the throat of a deputy who surrendered and shooting at another and breaking his jaw and finally the citizens declaring martial law in the town for a day.

Not to mention rioting and knocking over cars ...
Jail3-604x350.jpg

Are you so uninformed as to how the Unites States operates that you believe that we are a Democracy and not a Representative Republic?????????
We were founded as a Republic because the Founders knew full well that Democracy's were far from a good governmental system.
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49 percent.
(Thomas Jefferson)
“Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
(John Adams)
“Unlimited democracy is, just like oligarchy, a tyranny spread over a large number of people.”
(Aristotle)
“I have been long convinced that institutions purely democratic must sooner or later destroy liberty, or civilization, or both.”
(Thomas Macaulay, British liberal thinker)
and finally;
“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
(Winston Churchill)

OK

Please tell me you are not putting this on the girl that turned down his advances?

Quite the opposite - I think this situation highlights the ridiculousness of the "don't walk out, walk up" nonsense that went around after Parkland and the constant, often unfounded, "bullying victim" narrative that springs up after EVERY school shooting. None of this is EVER on the victims and it shouldn't be up to KIDS to "make their schools safer".

I saw that earlier. However, if he continually asked her out and she kept saying no, who's harassing whom? What led him to think it was okay to kill someone who turned them down?
In the article this caught my eye:

"We are gratified by the public comments made by other Santa Fe High School students that show Dimitri as we know him: a smart, quiet, sweet boy," the family statement said. "While we remain mostly in the dark about the specifics of yesterday's tragedy, what we have learned from media reports seems incompatible with the boy we love."

But then the mom of the girl PP spoke about said this: ""had 4 months of problems from this boy," "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no."

I'm sure it's still way too early on in this investigation but then you have also in the article "had allegedly posted images of guns and a T-shirt with the words "Born to kill" on social media in the weeks before the shooting" and while checking social media accounts of children by parents is a touchy subject if this is all true about the persistent persusing of the girl, the possible internal feeling of being rejected in public and then the social media posts it seems to appear he had two sides of the same coin if that makes sense.

I believe that the U.S. went to the aid of Great Briton, and her associated nations, twice during the last Century thus allowing them to continue as free nations.

The US government did, yes.

Not every citizen with a gun. You think a gun is effective against the bombers and tanks and submarines the German military had?

No one is saying strip the military of all weapons. The second amendment has helped our allies none since the civil war. It has been the US military. To pretend otherwise is to undermine and underappreciate our armed forces.

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of that part of out history. I find it fascinating but ...yowsa! Can you imagine the outrage if something like that happened today over unfair law enforcement policies? Citizens throwing molotov cocktails at the police, using dynamite to bring down the jail, cutting the throat of a deputy who surrendered and shooting at another and breaking his jaw and finally the citizens declaring martial law in the town for a day.

Not to mention rioting and knocking over cars ...
Jail3-604x350.jpg
I think they even stated years later in interviews they(veterans) began to worry that night that they might have made a mistake. It was a lot to take though, police harassment, theft through bogus charges, assaults on citizens, election fraud, and one deputy even shot an unarmed man in the back for trying to vote for the opponent of the Sherriff.

You can't deny that the United States has more school shootings, mass shootings and shootings of all kinds because we have more guns and easier access to guns.

Quite the opposite - I think this situation highlights the ridiculousness of the "don't walk out, walk up" nonsense that went around after Parkland and the constant, often unfounded, "bullying victim" narrative that springs up after EVERY school shooting. None of this is EVER on the victims and it shouldn't be up to KIDS to "make their schools safer".

I was hoping this is what you meant!

We have a teacher at our school who was in the library in Columbine. I've said this before - she has many times stated that those two were horrible bullies. Unfortunately there are people who still believe Klebold and Harris did what they did because they were bullied. Umm, nope! They were psychopaths!

Those of us in the schools can't do this alone either. We need the help of parents and all tax payers.

The US government did, yes.

Not every citizen with a gun. You think a gun is effective against the bombers and tanks and submarines the German military had?

No one is saying strip the military of all weapons. The second amendment has helped our allies none since the civil war. It has been the US military. To pretend otherwise is to undermine and underappreciate our armed forces.
Yes.....
As did the French Resistance who did the logical thing and waited until the planes had landed and the tank crews crawled out of their iron fortress's for the night so they could use the guns supplied by the British and American Departments of Sneaky Affairs, (Security Service & OSS) and the ones that they had to steal from the Germans, to kill them.
We even designed and produced thousands of cheaply made pistols called "The Liberator" to give to the Resistance fighters.
As usual, Military FUBAR prevented the bulk of them from being delivered.
The Viet Cong drove the French out of Indo China (Viet Nam) in the 1950's and then drove the U.S. out in the 1970's.
The Soviet Union was driven out of Afganistan in 1989 by guerilla forces after unsuccessfully trying to take over the country using (Wait for it........)
Bombers and tanks. https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2014/08/the-soviet-war-in-afghanistan-1979-1989/100786/
History, which unfortunately a large number of people are woefully ignorant about, has proven time and again that groups of poorly armed, by comparison, Citizen Soldiers can and have, defeated much larger, unbelievably better equipped, and highly trained adversaries, by courage, determination, and the use of small arms.

I was hoping this is what you meant!

We have a teacher at our school who was in the library in Columbine. I've said this before - she has many times stated that those two were horrible bullies. Unfortunately there are people who still believe Klebold and Harris did what they did because they were bullied. Umm, nope! They were psychopaths!

Those of us in the schools can't do this alone either. We need the help of parents and all tax payers.

And in all honestly, there have always been bullies. It’s not something new that’s popped up in high schools in the last 10 years. Something else is the root problem.

Yes.....
As did the French Resistance who did the logical thing and waited until the planes had landed and the tank crews crawled out of their iron fortress's for the night so they could use the guns supplied by the British and American Departments of Sneaky Affairs, (Security Service & OSS) and the ones that they had to steal from the Germans, to kill them.
We even designed and produced thousands of cheaply made pistols called "The Liberator" to give to the Resistance fighters.
As usual, Military FUBAR prevented the bulk of them from being delivered.
The Viet Cong drove the French out of Indo China (Viet Nam) in the 1950's and then drove the U.S. out in the 1970's.
The Soviet Union was driven out of Afganistan in 1989 by guerilla forces after unsuccessfully trying to take over the country using (Wait for it........)
Bombers and tanks. https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2014/08/the-soviet-war-in-afghanistan-1979-1989/100786/
History, which unfortunately a large number of people are woefully ignorant about, has proven time and again that groups of poorly armed, by comparison, Citizen Soldiers can and have, defeated much larger, unbelievably better equipped, and highly trained adversaries, by courage, determination, and the use of small arms.
So, the post I originally quoted, you claimed that if it weren't for the US (and the 2nd amendment), Nazi Germany would control Europe.

I pointed out it was the military that supplied the weapons and more sophisticated weaponry than the average Joe has.

So then you change the argument, bringing in the French resistance and other wars entirely. I wasn't talking about times people stood against an opponent and won, despite it being a David & Goliath situation.

I was saying that it wasn't average US citizens who helped the Allies, it was our military, their equipment and our Veterans, despite what you attempted to claim.

ETA And I see you completely neglect to mention the impact the Russian military had in the outcome of WWII.

You can't deny that the United States has more school shootings, mass shootings and shootings of all kinds because we have more guns and easier access to guns.
Are citizens in these other countries allowed to own guns? Any guns at all? If so do they just have less shootings or none at all? If they are allowed some firearms and they have basically zero shootings, what’s the difference?

Last edited:
And in all honestly, there have always been bullies. It’s not something new that’s popped up in high schools in the last 10 years. Something else is the root problem.

I fully believe it is the "participation trophy" effect. Today's children are not being taught to deal with rejection and failure in a healthy way.
I read a news article last week where a cheerleader did not pass tryouts and instead of her parents telling her to try harder, they sued the school to stop tryouts and allow all who want to cheer be on the squad.

Metal detectors, armed campus police, fences, whatever. We need to do whatever its going to take to make them safe. From guns, from bombs, from whatever comes next in the way of threatening the lives of children.

I understand what you mean, and would love for it to happen, but I think the reason it hasn’t is that it isn’t practical in the same way as say a stadium. A stadium has so many people, that there is “back up security guards for any event even if it doesn’t happen where they are posted. At a school even if you have the same number of guards per person, I could see on the smaller scale how a shooter would just shoot those manning the metal detector and the guards

Enough is enough is enough.

Sadly we passed enough long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter