Late September Visit

Fozziepitiesthefool

Earning My Ears
We're confirmed for September 29 to October 2nd (4 days) for a first visit (we are WDW veterans) staying at a VRBO a manageable walk away. From reading the boards it seems like 4 days would be enough to do everything with maybe the occasional Premier Access One here and there. But with Avengers Campus opening in July and two of our days being weekends...

1) Is it worthwhile buying an Ultimate day? If yes, weekend or weekday?

2) Is it possible that the Avengers Campus is excluded from Ultimate?

3) Chef Remy's or Captain Jack's? (I know it's hard to get a rezzie, but let's pretend). Or something else decently themed?

4) Any must do quick service?

TIA!

Not having magic hours will hinder you a bit, without Avengers having opened it is tough to say but with 4 days you should be able to hit everything without Premier Access if you are ok with standing in lines. If Shows are a priority I might think of using them there. My husband and I prefer the food at Remy to Captain Jack's but our new favorite is Walts. We prefer 5 guys to most of the quick service but DLP is starting to step up it's snack game and we did enjoy the Mickey Sandwiches at Market House Deli. The Rendez-Vous Gourmand will also be going on in the Studios park.

It also depends a bit, 'what are 4 days'? Are we talking 4 full days or are we talking 2 half days for travel and 2 full days?

1. As September is low season, I think you can accomplish a lot without the Premier Access passes,. I would buy per pass, and probably only for Crush Coaster on weekend day. In weekends the lines are longer, therefore the value of the pass is higher in the weekend.

2. No information known yet.

3. I say Captain Jack, I think the ambiance and menu is better. I do not get the fuss about Remy's. But then again, I think theming is nice to look at for 2 seconds and then it's back to business. In Disney Village King Ludwig's Castle might be an option.
I also enjoy Vapiano in the Village, but that is not table service

4. Hakuna Matata or Casey's are pretty decent. Both have mobile order now. Cafe de la Brousse and Victoria's for snacks.
Studios pretty limited at the moment due to the refurbishments. Go for the food festival. So you can try a few things.

PS: Disneyland Paris is not a foodie destination, keep your expectations for food low and do not compare to WDW.

Not having magic hours will hinder you a bit, without Avengers having opened it is tough to say but with 4 days you should be able to hit everything without Premier Access if you are ok with standing in lines. If Shows are a priority I might think of using them there. My husband and I prefer the food at Remy to Captain Jack's but our new favorite is Walts. We prefer 5 guys to most of the quick service but DLP is starting to step up it's snack game and we did enjoy the Mickey Sandwiches at Market House Deli. The Rendez-Vous Gourmand will also be going on in the Studios park.
Thank you! I can't seem to find where the Premier Access is for shows is on the app, only rides.

It also depends a bit, 'what are 4 days'? Are we talking 4 full days or are we talking 2 half days for travel and 2 full days?

1. As September is low season, I think you can accomplish a lot without the Premier Access passes,. I would buy per pass, and probably only for Crush Coaster on weekend day. In weekends the lines are longer, therefore the value of the pass is higher in the weekend.

2. No information known yet.

3. I say Captain Jack, I think the ambiance and menu is better. I do not get the fuss about Remy's. But then again, I think theming is nice to look at for 2 seconds and then it's back to business. In Disney Village King Ludwig's Castle might be an option.
I also enjoy Vapiano in the Village, but that is not table service

4. Hakuna Matata or Casey's are pretty decent. Both have mobile order now. Cafe de la Brousse and Victoria's for snacks.
Studios pretty limited at the moment due to the refurbishments. Go for the food festival. So you can try a few things.

PS: Disneyland Paris is not a foodie destination, keep your expectations for food low and do not compare to WDW.
We are going for four FULL days. We arrive the 28th, parks the 29th-2nd, depart on the 3rd. Thank you for the advice on managing our food expectations. I am a vegan who sometimes dallies with Derry, but my son is not. I'm used to making do, so I generally look to accommodate him. Captain Jack's though seemed to offer me a decent meal as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter