Late fall 2021 discounts?

I am thinking there won't be a discount. They got all of us to pay rack rate, myself included, so unless there are mass cancellations I don't think they are going to do anything.

I originally agreed with this, and still am unsure, but there is definitely something in the system for a wider AP discount. Sure, maybe they changed their mind, but it’s there. If we don’t see anything over the next 10 days, that’ll be the end of that.

I originally agreed with this, and still am unsure, but there is definitely something in the system for a wider AP discount. Sure, maybe they changed their mind, but it’s there. If we don’t see anything over the next 10 days, that’ll be the end of that.

We didn't renew our AP due to the crazy price increase so this won't help us. I hope it comes out and helps others though! This is definitely going to be our last WDW trip for a while.

We didn't renew our AP due to the crazy price increase so this won't help us. I hope it comes out and helps others though! This is definitely going to be our last WDW trip for a while.

Yeah I had an inactive AP, otherwise I wouldn’t have renewed either. Definitely not going as much anymore either due to the costs.

Same :( We did cancel all of our ADR's and took one day off the whole trip. I've been trying to pump myself up for this trip because all the negative stuff got me to the point I really didn't even want to go. As I said before if it wasn't probably the last trip with my nephew for awhile (senior year of high school) and him really wanting to do the trip all together I would cancel all together.

We have also planned to bring all our breakfast stuff for the week (we are driving so this is easier to do)
We bought some Powerade to take in with us and a case of water bottles so we won't have to buy drinks.
We even hit up Sam's club and bought some fun snacks that we normally don't buy and are going to take in with us.

That's some of the things we've done to lower the cost for us. We've talked about going off property and eating dinner out on our AK day since they close so early.

It will be a bit different but now l'm trying to focus on letting the negative stuff go and enjoying my vacation and making the memories, because 6 weeks out I have no hope of a discount.

I doubt it at this point…though I still wonder what’s going on with that AP offer seemingly set to start Oct 24th. Maybe they just decided not to do it.

Heck, there aren’t even any available rooms for our trip in November. I’m still holding out a small glimmer hope for our trip in late December & begining of Janurary.

I'm noticing more and more available rooms pop up for our dates in the first part of December....if anyone is still trying to modify their resort.

I had originally booked a package with tickets and many weeks ago saw a room only reservation pop up at the same resort so I took it because it would offer us more flexibility with buying tickets (one in our party has tickets). I was interested in possibly modifying the dates so I tried calling Disney and am repeatedly told there is a 2 hour wait - and when I wait the call eventually drops. I decided to cancel the package while that cancel button was still there just because I'd hate to get up to the last days to cancel and it disappears and I can't get them on the phone. It is very frustrating.

I'm also still wanting to see if I could modify the dates on the room I have (making it fewer days but covering the same period). You think it's possible or is there a length of stay requirement? It's rack rate room only. I wanted to go from 6 nights to 4 nights. The website won't let me make changes - says not available.

I'm mega frustrated with Disney right now lol. I just keep checking to make a new room only reservation for those 4 nights. I did see AoA little mermaid room pop up for me for my dates - like wow I haven't seen that available in years when I search lol.

There is tons of availability now for our dates right after Thanksgiving. Only 6 hotels show no availability. I think it is everyone canceling their packages at the 30 day mark. Rack rates are a huge dollar amount at even the value resorts. I would be moving offsite but traveling Thanksgiving weekend has our other preferred choices being also high.

I still can't believe that Disney is ok with this many rooms sitting empty but I guess they are.

As a follow-up... As we all now know, there were no discounts last fall (2021). DD and her new husband went to Disney for their honeymoon anyhow, staying at Coronado Springs in the cheapest accommodation we could book, no view, 2 beds, etc. They were still at Disney, right? WELL... Pixie Dust hit, and they were upgraded to the tower, corner room with fireworks views! That's WAY better than any discount would have been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter