Late fall 2021 discounts?

Why would they be "forced" to offer discounts with normal capacity? Do you really believe the combo of 50th, holidays, revenge travel would not fill up WDW at 100% capacity? As it stands, they're pretty close to booked solid last quarter of the year. Why would they need to offer discounts if people are grabbing every room available? For every person who is on here saying they will cancel their reservation without a discount, there are 3 people waiting to snap up that reservation.

No, they wouldn’t be filled to 100% capacity. They aren’t remotely close to that kind of capacity at this moment and for the most part aren’t hitting 100% even now with many booking temp stays waiting for a discount or to game the dining system. The only exception MAY be the week of Oct 1.

I probably said this upthread somewhere, but I've been staying onsite at WDW since 1999 and I have never stayed there without a discount, and there have been some very very prosperous times for WDW during that period, including many times when the resorts were sold out. But maybe there won't be discounts for this fall. It's impossible to predict. And I'm not really sure there are 3 people waiting to take an $815/night room, but I could be wrong. Maybe that seems like a reasonable price for a hotel room to scads of other people who also want to spend that money at WDW.

For those that are canceling are you just going to stay off site or cancel all together? I mean really there's not a lot of perks to staying on property anymore anyway. The only off property place I've stayed at closed last year so I wouldn't even know where to book at this point.

We plan to go but may stay fewer days and may consider off-site if we decide to drive. The parking fee is an issue but I guess we have to pay to park somewhere unless we fly. So far my hotel (value) and park tickets for 4 adults is costing around $4000. I also need to add food and transportation to that. We wanted to all do the AH Christmas party as well...plus I need to rent an ECV. It's by FAR more than we have ever paid for a trip and as much as I love WDW, I really don't want to pay that much and am looking for ways to cut back.

I don't think the resorts are at capacity (or even near it) for my early Dec. dates - I think there must be rooms in inventory being held back by Disney or held by other brokers. I don't know how it works but I also don't think there are scads of people wanting to pay $600-800 a night for those rooms. I'm paying around $230 a night now which looks like a bargain compared to that. I've never paid close to that for a value hotel however.

As an aside, my husband was supposed to attend a large conference in Orlando not far from WDW but not on property in October which was meeting in person (and had an online option). They recently announced that due to ongoing covid issues they were taking it all online. So that's an entire hotel that has suddenly freed up a weekend plus more dates. Perhaps Disney won't offer a discount but I'd think off-site nearby hotels may be starting to compete for bookings with discounts.

For those that are canceling are you just going to stay off site or cancel all together? I mean really there's not a lot of perks to staying on property anymore anyway. The only off property place I've stayed at closed last year so I wouldn't even know where to book at this point.

I don’t have a ton of experience in this area, but if you previously stayed deluxe, I’ve heard really great things about the Waldorf, Four seasons, etc in comparison. The Swan and Dolphin also present better value and have that great location.

Why would they be "forced" to offer discounts with normal capacity? Do you really believe the combo of 50th, holidays, revenge travel would not fill up WDW at 100% capacity? As it stands, they're pretty close to booked solid last quarter of the year. Why would they need to offer discounts if people are grabbing every room available? For every person who is on here saying they will cancel their reservation without a discount, there are 3 people waiting to snap up that reservation.

I'm not sure about rooms getting snapped up? Every time I check there's more availability the week I'm going than a month or so ago.

I guess we will see...

I think what available shows now and availability shows right at the cancelation deadline is going to be very different. Everyone is waiting and seeing for lots of different reasons. And how many people rescheduled to later in the year based on delta and will reschedule yet again.

I don’t have a ton of experience in this area, but if you previously stayed deluxe, I’ve heard really great things about the Waldorf, Four seasons, etc in comparison. The Swan and Dolphin also present better value and have that great location.

I think the proposition that people may make decisions about where to stay because Deluxe rack rates are comparable to a resort like the Four Seasons is when I really start to question Disney's sanity. Not even on the same planet in terms of amenities, service, food, rooms and on.

I'm also seeing a lot more room availability for the dates of our trip that wasn't there a month ago. I believe Disney is going to play hardball and attempt to take full advantage of the 50th and offer 0 discounts. Hard not to feel like a sucker the way they are operating right now.

Last edited:
I think the proposition for people to make decisions about where to stay when Deluxe rack rates are comparable to a resort like the Four Seasons is when I really start to question Disney's sanity. Not even on the same planet in terms of amenities, service, food, rooms and on.

I'm also seeing a lot more room availability for the dates of our trip that wasn't there a month ago. I believe Disney is going to play hardball and attempt to take full advantage of the 50th and offer 0 discounts. Hard not to feel like a sucker the way they are operating right now.

I completely agree and think they won’t offer anything. It is Galaxy Edge all over again when Disney wants everyone to think it is crowded when it’s not.

I just looked up our dates in December and there're a lot of king-bed rooms.

For anyone who's interested, I saw the tower room at the Riv for Dec 13-21 at a pretty good price.

so many king bed rooms across the board ;)
Yeah. That's all that's available at POFQ, for example.

However . . . there are discounts, no matter how weak they might be. So much for everyone who said there wouldn't be discounts for December. I'm expecting more discounts to appear momentarily.

I may just keep my Dolphin ressie. I can get POR for the same price but then I’m not walking distance to two parks. Decisions, decisions :scratchin:scratchin I do like staying in a Disney hotel because of magicbands.

I just asked my husband if he would want to change to POR from the Dolphin and he said yes without hesitation. Pretty surprised because now we would have to drive to most places. I do have a rental booked just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter