Late checkout...do you think this will work?

dawna_521

Earning My Ears
We leave Sept. 2...our departing flight isn't until 4:15pm. I am flying w/American, so I understand I can do the baggage check right at Pop about 3 hours before our flight leaves. Do they take you to the airport about 3 hours before your flight leaves? What I was thinking of doing for our departure day was just a relaxing morning at our resort (taking it easy), probably have a nice breakfast, a swim, take some last minute pics w/ DS13 by the big icons, pack up, take one last shower and get dressed for the trip back. So, I was wondering if asking for a late checkout, say 12:00 or 12:30 would be OK, or if the resort would charge extra. Normal checkout time is 11:00, I believe. What do you think? Is this doable if I were to ask for a late checkout?

We asked for late checkout once at the Wilderness Lodge and were given 1:00 without charge. I think it depends on how busy the resort is when you ask. Have a great trip!

When do you make this request (before, after check-in or the day of check out)? TIA

DVCisME said:
When do you make this request (before, after check-in or the day of check out)? TIA

I was considering doing it when I check in, then reconfirming the day of departure/check out. Would like to hear others recommendations, though...anyone? What do you suggest?

We tried this at CSR last Oct. We had to kinda insist that we had to have it. They did agree but did not want too. I think it depends on how busy they are. We called a couple days before as well.

We also do this often. It depends how crowded the resort is. The newest policy was that you have to call housekeeping the morning of your check out and ask them. We have managed 1:00PM at several resorts, but as little as 12:00PM at others. IF you have more than one room, they will only extend of your rooms. We tried calling the front desk and even when they do allow it, housekeeping never gets the message. We have always gotten extended checkout at Pop. The only place we've had trouble was at the AKL. I called and they told me no they could not honor it, so my daugther (in a different room) called and they told her yes. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter