Laser printing on vellum?

FantasticDisFamily

<font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c
Hi folks,

Ok - I know that using an ink jet printer on velum is hit or miss - smears, takes forever to dry, etc. But what about printing on velum with a laser printer?

Anyone have any experience? Because of a transition my university is going through dept chairs (me) are being required to spend many more hours on campus (in case something comes up - yea let's not even go there) but I was thinking this might be a good time to get some computer journaling done since I have laser, color, all top of the line printers.

Thoughts?
TIA
Deb

I have a lexmarkx83 and have no problems printing on vellum. I set the printer to transparency.

Deb-
I have printed on vellum using the transparency setting on the printer. It uses less ink and will dry in about 10 minutes or so. Just leave it sitting in the printer tray til its dry.
;)

Thanks ladies - those printers you're referring to were laser printers right? I didn't know lexmark made a laser and Rebecca referenced ink drying....so my brain is still a little muddled.

Deb

I don't have a laser printer, but DH has lots at his office so I asked him. He said some will print fine on vellum others may melt the vellum. But he used to print on vellum all the time - on an old B&W Lexmark laser printer. He said that it just depends on how hot the fuser gets. You might want to contact the manufacturer of the printer to find out what they say about vellum.

Lexmark makes a bunch of different kinds of printers.

I have printed on my HP Laserjet 1200. It doesn't get very hot. The ink appears dry when first printed, but I treated everything gently. I did a bunch of birth announcments and had no problems. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks - the one we have here is an HP Laserjet 4550...I'll check with our IT people and see if they know anything. Of course I could just try one and claim complete ignorance if it goes bad!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter