Land & Sea in Alaska?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there's ever been a land & sea option in Alaska? We would love to cruise up to Alaska but we want to spend a little more time exploring once there. Has anyone ever figured out a way to do that before? THANKS!

I was wondering if there's ever been a land & sea option in Alaska? We would love to cruise up to Alaska but we want to spend a little more time exploring once there. Has anyone ever figured out a way to do that before? THANKS!
There probably used to be Adventures By Disney add-ons you could buy to do before or after your cruise, but I don't think that's available now. DCL itself has never offered land and sea in Alaska. They're all round-trip cruises. It's certainly possible to fly in or out of Alaska instead of Vancouver, and spend time exploring Alaska on land on your own.

There are also other lines that do one-way itineraries that allow you to extend at the start or end in Alaska. But as stated, DCL isn't one. You'll start and end in Canada.

Except for the already mentioned Adventures by Disney option, the only other options you'd have to adding a land experience would be to do it on your own (either pre or post cruise), or using another cruise line. Holland America and Princess both offer land/sea packages, that I know of, but I'm sure there are others.

I think that Princess has one way cruises between Seward (Anchorage) and Vancouver. On the Anchorage end there is an "add on" where you take a train trip to Denali with stops at several lodges along the way. It's been years and years ago when I looked into this. The Train trip looked fun and the lodges were closer in style and amenities to Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodges vs a mid level Hilton

I think that Princess has one way cruises between Seward (Anchorage) and Vancouver. On the Anchorage end there is an "add on" where you take a train trip to Denali with stops at several lodges along the way. It's been years and years ago when I looked into this. The Train trip looked fun and the lodges were closer in style and amenities to Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodges vs a mid level Hilton
Thanks for that extra info. I would prefer to do Disney but if that means we can't fully experience Alaska then maybe I'll look into Princess.

Thanks for that extra info. I would prefer to do Disney but if that means we can't fully experience Alaska then maybe I'll look into Princess.

If you are looking for more "Alaska" than "Disney", then you need to look else where based on what I have read here.

LAX

I suggest the Disney cruise with a do it yourself pre/post in Alaska. Pursuits can help you plan itineraries that include the back country lodge (all the way back in denali) rather than the big hotels at the front of the park that come through cruise packages. We've been to alaska twice - once planned by an agency and then this year I planned it myself for a 2 week trip. Happy to provide any other info. It is def. worth having time on land.

Worth noting that doing DCL then getting up toward Denali will be $$$$ because you will have to get to Anchorage from Vancouver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!