Land Border Opening?

Sorry with or without Covid, In the summer We would take PEI over Bahamas all week long. Yumm get me some Cows now....we even drive to Niagara for some Cows,,,just saying.
We're up to our ears cleaning out fridge & freezer since we only got word at 6 on Thursday that the new ones are coming tomorrow and I've been doing massive shopping trips. I'm currently chomping my way thru a brick of extra old white cheddar from Cow's!!! (yup, package open in my hand, eating like a savage :P )

Sorry with or without Covid, In the summer We would take PEI over Bahamas all week long. Yumm get me some Cows now....we even drive to Niagara for some Cows,,,just saying.

Cows chocolate covered potato chips...😋 And the ice cream and the raspberry cordial.

That said, maybe because I've been there sooo many times, I would definitely take the Bahamas over PEI! 😁

Jacqueline, do you have snow. If so just empty everything into some rubber made type bins in the morning and go stick them in the snowbank. If you know what time the fridge/freezers are coming you could time it pretty well that things aren't out too long.

I'm expecting the border to stay closed til Fall as that's when the majority of Canadians should be vaccinated.
Hi; interesting point; kind of links in with the general vaccination in the future. I guess I'm not to fussed about not being able easily to cross the border, though it would be good...

No. They're talking about the non essential travelers that already crossed the border and are coming back. The snowbirds that shipped their rvs across and are driving back, etc. They're not going to open up the border freely for people that want to travel just because.
Hi; yes, I can see that some ppl in the US and coming back will think they can get stuck...

Jacqueline, do you have snow. If so just empty everything into some rubber made type bins in the morning and go stick them in the snowbank. If you know what time the fridge/freezers are coming you could time it pretty well that things aren't out too long.
Yup, the old Canadian beer fridge :P We actually didn't need to resort to that because luckily this was to be my big shopping week. Our daughter and her wife live really close and have a HUGE fridge/freezer so hubby took over all the ice cream and my frozen blueberries (the 2 most important things in our freezer, one for hubby and the other for me!) He came back with our D-I-L's old dorm fridge that has a freezer as well so it's stuffed with the fridge items and they also had one of those coolers from Costco that keeps things frozen for up to 48 hours. We used the frozen tubes of ground beef as ice packs, plus all the bottle full of frozen water we keep on hand for ice-cream frenzy airmiles sales to keep the 2 big coolers cold. They won't get opened until the deep freeze gets here. Luckily it was garbage day so we took the opportunity to toss a bunch of things that no one wants to eat!!

As to when they're coming? You know the story "any time between 9 and 5"

****Update just got the automated phone call, the delivery is happening between 10:30 and 1:30 now I can sleep in :P

Last edited:

This has given me a little bit of hope that at least they are thinking about reopening, what it might look like, etc. If you click the thread there is some good info there. Not a lot - but it’s the first rumblings I have seen. Seriously hoping HARD for March 2022!!

I’m pretty confident by March 2022 it will be open. Vaccines are going slowly but they are happening.

I’m pretty confident by March 2022 it will be open. Vaccines are going slowly but they are happening.
I hope so too. My concern is my kids .. they are 6 and 8 so too young for the vaccine. Maybe rapid testing on return or a shortened quarantine would be allowed for them by then. It would be a shame to leave them at home (Joking, sort of?) :rotfl2:

When the border does eventually open, I am expecting a lineup at the crossing that will be 5 to 10 km in length... I'm thinking that our next trip to Disney might involve crossing the border at 3AM to try avoid a lineup...
A similar lineup was experienced when the Atlantic Bubble first opened. I have friends who crossed at 4am to avoid the lines. After the first couple of days it died down but would still be lengthy on Fridays, Sundays, holidays.

When the border does eventually open, I am expecting a lineup at the crossing that will be 5 to 10 km in length... I'm thinking that our next trip to Disney might involve crossing the border at 3AM to try avoid a lineup...
I live right near three crossings. It’s a well known fact that if you are trying to cross on a holiday weekend you better be prepared to sit for hours .
I can’t even imagine what it will look like when it first reopens:scared:. Especially if we need to show documentation of vaccinations etc .There will be some waits for sure !

I agree but I also have a lot and I mean a lot of people who are saying it will be a long long time before they go to the US again.

I live right near three crossings. It’s a well known fact that if you are trying to cross on a holiday weekend you better be prepared to sit for hours .
I can’t even imagine what it will look like when it first reopens:scared:. Especially if we need to show documentation of vaccinations etc .There will be some waits for sure !

Remember when our NEXUS use to be a good pass? HAHA. Now I have NO idea what to expect when those borders reopen!

I just envisioned crossing the border at 3am to drive to Disney, crazy how confined and locked up I feel right now. I hope it will be later this year that we can, will be behind you in line at 3 am :moped:

I guess the scale of the vaccination programs might have something to do with how fast the border restrictions are eventually eased...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter