"Ladies and Gentlemen" becoming an outdated term?

Pretty much.

Folks are still fighting over bathrooms. This is going to be a rough patch with a lot of people getting wake up calls either by being terminated or sued. Or they can move to the more backward parts of the US that want bibles in public schools.

It definitely came up in my latest harassment training that I’m required to do every year.

Canada has its backwater areas too..

I didn't read all the responses. I feel like I'm in the middle of it all day since I work in a Liberal Arts College.
Some professors put how they identify next to their name in the email electronic signatures.
This semester was the first time I am now seeing this.

Regarding bathrooms, I saw a post of a young woman's picture that read, "if this girls sees a pen** at a party it is a crime, and then a young girls picture saying "but if this girl sees a pen** in the women's bathroom, it is tolerance." I get it that the person with the pen** would be behind a closed door in the women's bathroom, but it makes me understand the "fight" on both sides regarding bathrooms.

Regarding bathrooms, I saw a post of a young woman's picture that read, "if this girls sees a pen** at a party it is a crime, and then a young girls picture saying "but if this girl sees a pen** in the women's bathroom, it is tolerance." I get it that the person with the pen** would be behind a closed door in the women's bathroom, but it makes me understand the "fight" on both sides regarding bathrooms.

The bolded is what matters, and they'd both be a crime. It's not like you commonly see other women's private parts in a women's bathroom, why would you see a trans woman's?

Those who choose the bathroom fight seem to willfully ignore that some people can be quite far along in a transition before or if they ever have surgery. Which means that the same girl might be in a bathroom with what appears to be an adult male simply because society can't handle that person using the bathroom where they feel most comfortable. Who exactly is this helping?

You presented it as fact, which it is not, and is incredibly dismissive. I don't care to debate it with you, however, because no matter what you believe, you're still dealing with actual people who deserve respect and consideration.

Yes and there is absolutely nothing disrespectful about "good morning ladies and gentlemen." Further, I have no interest in indulging fantasies about someone claiming to be a man on Monday but a woman on Tuesday.

I'm just not going to do it.

You do know transgender and gender fluidity is a mental illness right? It's not actually a real thing.

I'm curious what studies you've seen suggest this or if that's just your opinion. My brief search found "studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth" with a bunch of medically supported info following. Regardless, mental illness is a real thing.

I'm curious what studies you've seen suggest this or if that's just your opinion. My brief search found "studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth" with a bunch of medically supported info following. Regardless, mental illness is a real thing.

There was a paper written by a Harvard (I think?) Professor a while back. I was trying to find it but can't at the moment. If I'm able to dig it up, I will post the link.

Yes and there is absolutely nothing disrespectful about "good morning ladies and gentlemen." Further, I have no interest in indulging fantasies about someone claiming to be a man on Monday but a woman on Tuesday.

I'm just not going to do it.

So you'd be fine if someone refused to believe you were whatever gender you identify with and misgendered you simply because they didn't want to "indulge" you?

So if someone refers to you as "she" and when you let them know that you actually go by "he," and they say "I'm not going to indulge how you identify," you would what? Pull your pants down?

Your hypothetical is absolutely ridiculous. I'm in my 30s and have never been called ma'am.

Your hypothetical is absolutely ridiculous. I'm in my 30s and have never been called ma'am.

I'm only asking because you seem to think that because you are confident in your identify and present in a way that there is no reason for anyone to doubt it, that everyone is that way and those who aren't have something "wrong" with them. I'm asking you to put yourself in someone else's shoes, but it seems you can't even do that. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter