La Cava Experience

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the LaCava experience in 2023? Do you know if each reservation is private or will they put different groups together?

We had a private experience in January ‘23, but I do know they will place groups together if more than one group has booked for a certain time. The group before us was a group of six, and I know it was at least two groups, from what I could gather from our host, Humberto.

Last edited:
We had a private experience in January ‘23, but I do know they will place groups together if more than one group has booked for a certain time. The group before us was a group of six, and I know it was at least two groups, from what I could gather from our host, Humberto.
Thanks! Did you enjoy it?

Thanks! Did you enjoy it?
Loved it! I kind of wondered what I had gotten myself into and thought I’d be wandering around Epcot trashed the rest of the day, but I’m happy to report that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s one of my favorite extra experiences I’ve ever done. I wasn’t a tequila fan before, but I really enjoy it now!

We did a private tasting (me, my husband, and my dad) for my birthday in 2022. It was amazing and worth every penny. We're frequent La Cava visitors and this made us love it even more. If you can get a reservation, do it!

Loved it! I kind of wondered what I had gotten myself into and thought I’d be wandering around Epcot trashed the rest of the day, but I’m happy to report that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s one of my favorite extra experiences I’ve ever done. I wasn’t a tequila fan before, but I really enjoy it now!
Lol- I wondered about that- it looks like the experience starts at 1030am.

Do you remember… Is this something that you sign up for at 6am EST or midnight?

Lol- I wondered about that- it looks like the experience starts at 1030am.

Do you remember… Is this something that you sign up for at 6am EST or midnight?
I reserved it when I reserved dining, so at 6am EST, but it could have been opened earlier as I didn’t check.

Did this take place at La Cava? I have it booked for September but the website says it is at La Hacienda de San Angel?

Did this take place at La Cava? I have it booked for September but the website says it is at La Hacienda de San Angel?
You check in at La Cava, but they walk you across the way to La Hacienda for the tasting since it’s not open yet for the day, and you won’t be disturbed by others.

You check in at La Cava, but they walk you across the way to La Hacienda for the tasting since it’s not open yet for the day, and you won’t be disturbed by others.
Thank you. That makes sense. I am very much looking forward to this.

I did it on a solo trip in 2022 expecting to be put at a table with others, but ended up with a private tasting. It was really amazing, and I got to have more of a conversation with than a presentation from the expert. To answer the question, I think it is possible to be grouped with others, but I'm not sure how popular the tasting is, so you might accidentally get a private one.

At the time it was also in La Cava, at the long standing table towards the far end of the bar. I'm curious to see how it goes in the restaurant.

About how long is this experience? It looks like there are may be 5-6 1 oz pours is that correct? Any addition info as the description on the website does say a ton about the actual event.

About how long is this experience? It looks like there are may be 5-6 1 oz pours is that correct? Any addition info as the description on the website does say a ton about the actual event.
If I remember correctly it was no more than an hour, maybe 50 minutes? 5 tequila and 1 mezcal, and it’s probably a scant 1oz pour. We left with an excellent margarita as well. I’m a lightweight, and I was scared I was going to be trashed, and I was no where even tipsy. It was an amazing experience - we’d love to do it again!EDDBE491-EE37-4D13-8931-BC0B1004127D.jpeg

I think mine was a little over an hour, and they don't rush you at all. I got a welcome margarita, the 6 smaller pours (5 tequilas and 1 mezcal), and any margarita from the menu at the end. Not sure how it works now that they've moved the location.

I think mine was a little over an hour, and they don't rush you at all. I got a welcome margarita, the 6 smaller pours (5 tequilas and 1 mezcal), and any margarita from the menu at the end. Not sure how it works now that they've moved the location.
We didn’t get to choose a margarita. Humberto asked us if he could make us a special margarita using the La Cava special edition tequila. It was probably the best marg I’ve ever had.

Does anyone remember if the price for the experience includes tax and gratuity or not?

Sorry- should have taken my time and just made one post.
Another question…
Can you use Disney gift cards to pay for the La Cava experience?
🙏🏻

I tipped when I paid, which was after the experience. A credit card machine was brought in, and there is a tip line on the bill - I suppose you don’t need to tip extra, but we thought it was well deserved. You can also pay cash or MB.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter