La Brea Bakery - Worth a trip?

Bucknut2710

Mouseketeer
We are making our first trip out to Disneyland and thought the menu looked good (along with the drinks). Any firsthand experience that you all have had there, good or bad? We made dinner reservations there for the day that our plane lands.

I found it to be very good. I have it planned also for my arrival day since we liked it so much in March when we were there last

Normally I would say yes. It's one of my favorites. However, I went recently as a walk-up with my daughter and it currently has a very limited menu with limited service which you self order from a cashier. I'm not positive if that is true for those with reservations. Those people did sit on the other side of the cashier station so I'm not sure. None of my usual go-to's are presently on the menu, at least on the walk-up side, and all of that brings down the value tremendously for me.

We are going on our land day. What I see on the menu currently on the App should be what they serve? I hope so as it’s the one place everyone can agree on. We booked a reservation and we don’t leave for 30 days so hopefully it gets better.

I wouldn't eat there again if you paid me! But that's just me and my family. No fans at all!

Thanks for the opinions everyone, both positive and negative. I second CherylGonz, any particular dish that you liked/disliked?

We like it! Not worth a special trip but a solid choice if you're there. Not as complicated as full sit downs at DTD but they'll refill your drinks and bring your food to your table out on the patio.

I wouldn't recommend La Brea Bakery for breakfast at all. I ate there once with Mom and Dad and we were disappointed with the breakfast that La Brea Bakery offered. My dad and I had the french toast there and it had no flavor whatsover and it was made with sourdough bread too. We only went there because all the other restaurants were not open for breakfast yet. Boy did we regret eating at La Brea Bakery

Was there a particular dish that wasn’t good? Was it breakfast or lunch?

I couldn't even tell you what we had! It was dinner time and there were big old bugs everywhere! It was so gross. Everyone there was freaking out. My niece wasn't having it. So we asked for our food to go and got out of there. When I complained the manager said it happens all the time and they can't control it. NOPE! Yuck!

We love la Brea! I love the breakfast croissant sandwich that has egg, cheese and bacon on it and it comes with fruit and sometimes potatoes. It's one of my favorites and my go to breakfast. I also have had the pizzas there and they are also really good.

OMG I absolutely LOVED La Brea!! I only ate there by chance because I went to DTD for a Disney fix back in March; we were on our way out of the park and were debating how and when to get food. The line wasn't that long, even for non-reservations, so we waited the half hour and got seated. I didn't expect much from the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup I ordered, but the amount of cheese was HUGE, hot, melty, and gooey, and on a perfectly toasted bun! Better than what I remember getting at Holly Jolly! The soup reminded me of the same soup I loved from the same cafe and was likely the same recipe. I recommend going!

Had lunch there last Monday. Sandwich and fries. Service and food was good but nothing special. Certainly no better or worse than UVA. 3/5.

We have eaten there, whilst the food was OK it was also quite expensive. Would probably go there again for the occasional treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter