Kyss bags

Is the large, too large to use as an airline bag prior to using as a beach bag? Will it pack easily into a suitcase without taking up much room?
Thanks!

Last edited:

I have two KYSS bags in two different sizes and I love them. Thanks for sharing this, I was unaware they were going to make a backpack. I'll be looking into it.

Is the large, too large to use as an airline bag prior to using as a beach bag? Will it pack easily into a suitcase without taking up much room?
Thanks!

I have the large size and I sometimes use it as my carry-on for the plane. I have also packed it flat in my suitcase and it doesn't take up much room at all.

They are lockable and can’t be cut
I've got to admit that the Type-A personality engineer in me took that statement as a challenge. I've got all sorts of exotic and non-traditional cutting methods churning around in my mind right now. :) It's just like when people say that something will happen "when pigs fly" and us engineers start thinking of how much thrust a pig would need to leave the ground.

I've got to admit that the Type-A personality engineer in me took that statement as a challenge. I've got all sorts of exotic and non-traditional cutting methods churning around in my mind right now. :) It's just like when people say that something will happen "when pigs fly" and us engineers start thinking of how much thrust a pig would need to leave the ground.

I mean, I'm certain there's a way. I couldn't think of the wording they use. :)

They claim they are slash resistant, not that they can't be cut. I'm sure they can. It would take a bit but it is doable. The thing is that they lock to whatever you have close by so it is a deterrent. Why waste time cutting into a bag that can't be removed any other way when you can go on to the next bag and just pick it up and walk away with it? The chain on the bag is pretty thick so you would need cutters, again something most thieves don't walk around with. Most thieves wouldn't be bothered with a Kyss bag.
But yeah, it can be cut.

Alright first thought from me the engineer is .... I wonder how they redesigned the zipper so you can't just open in with a pen....

Maybe a keeping honest people honest bag

Alright first thought from me the engineer is .... I wonder how they redesigned the zipper so you can't just open in with a pen....

Maybe a keeping honest people honest bag

There are some zipper designs that are more resistant to the pen trick, but I havent seen any that are impervious.

OTOH with a locked zipper pull that is properly designed ( not just pull to pull but both pulls locked to an attachment on the bag) at least it would be tamper-evident as they would not be able to reseal the zipper.

Personally I like Pacsafe bags and we use a small Pacsafe backpack as our park bag. But we don’t normally leave it unattended.

On our last cruise we used a Loctote bag placed inside another bag but secured to an object (an attempt to both hide it and also keep sand off). The loctote held the things we cared about. The larger bag held things like towels and clothing. No zippers. And by having multiple bags we had more versatility for various uses during the trip and at home. Eg can use the loctote locked but not tethered inside the room safe or luggage if desired.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter