• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kohl's veteran's day sale question

You did great! Which jeans did you like? I love their Apt 9 jeans and they changed styles this year. I ordered a pair but not sure how they'll be.

I ended up placing a few more orders-

1-hair diffuser attachment for DD, Sherpa throw for our couch
2-men's socks for DS, wreath that I can use all year with different colors
3-jeans, hand towel for guest bath

I should have ordered bath rugs but forgot.

I'm completely embarrassed to say I liked the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans. Total "Mom" jeans that sit higher. But I am soooo sick of jeans that sit on my hips - with all the "stretch" they put in them today, I feel like a stuffed sausage at the beginning of the day but by the end of the day they are falling off. And that means I am pulling them up constantly which just looks odd! I tried on the GV as a fluke - normally I buy Lee's - but loved them the minute they were on. I'm getting so old :rotfl2:

But I always buy Apt 9 slacks for work - LOVE them. In fact, the 2 pairs I bought are Apt 9.

Update on my orders: I thought I bought 3 sweaters - turns out I bought 4! I forgot about that brown one I got to match one of the pairs of slacks... :p

Last edited:
Holy cow that's awesome. I clearly need to figure out these programs. I am clueless about all of them -- which would you recommend starting with?

I have 5 that I use regularly and let any rewards accumulate all year, and then transfer them at Christmas to help with my shopping. I use ibotta, Savings Star, Checkout 51, Find and Save, and Receipt Hog. I find Receipt Hog to be super easy as you take pics of you receipt and submit. It's not related to specific items. I don't find any of them hard, but Checkout 51 and Find and Save both have a set amount you have to reach before you can redeem, and I didn't reach that this year, so I'm still waiting. I know Find and Save is $25, I think Checkout 51 is $20. I try to do mine as soon as I finish at the grocery store so I don't forget :)

I'm completely embarrassed to say I liked the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans. Total "Mom" jeans that sit higher. But I am soooo sick of jeans that sit on my hips - with all the "stretch" they put in them today, I feel like a stuffed sausage at the beginning of the day but by the end of the day they are falling off. And that means I am pulling them up constantly which just looks odd! I tried on the GV as a fluke - normally I buy Lee's - but loved them the minute they were on. I'm getting so old :rotfl2:

But I always buy Apt 9 slacks for work - LOVE them. In fact, the 2 pairs I bought are Apt 9.

Update on my orders: I thought I bought 3 sweaters - turns out I bought 4! I forgot about that brown one I got to match one of the pairs of slacks... :p

I have a pair of these jeans in pink that are so old, probably 7 or 8 yrs old, and they are like the Terminator; you just can't kill them. They are kind of faded now but broken in so nicely. I just wear them around the house or working in the yard.

I guess I've been old for a while now. :laughing: I look at it like this; you either keep having birthdays or you don't.
I will gladly keep having them. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

To think I wasn't even going to go to Kohl's. But had a good day for DD. Got her a couple pair of nice jeans and a dressy top for a party, all $30 each to start. After 30% discount $10/25 discount and $5 off it came to about $50. And while there I picked up some Best Buy gift cards using my Chase Visa (5x points ) for some future shopping...:flower1:

I ended up with 11 orders. Bought 30+ items and spent just over $300. I had run the numbers and if my order was over $35 (before discounts) it was a better deal to combine items to end up over $50 and get Kohl's Cash. I have 3 items I couldn't use the codes on that say I can use KC on them so I know I'll use it.

Bought a ton of clothes for DS(10) who had a growth spurt. Two pairs of pants for other DS(6) because he can't just have hand-me-downs. A lot of clothes for my mom, that I know some will be returned (she can't get out to the store much so I bring a selection to her). Christmas outfit for DD and 3 presents. Plus stocking stuffers and just a few things for me.

The only thing I'm dreading is what my mom will want to return and how it will affect my orders.

ETA: Just checked and all my orders have shipped already. Yeah!

Last edited:

Check your emails guys. Kohls sent out mystery coupons today. 20% 30% or 40% with any payment method. Today only. I received a 30% that I'm not going to use if anyone wants it.

Check your emails guys. Kohls sent out mystery coupons today. 20% 30% or 40% with any payment method. Today only. I received a 30% that I'm not going to use if anyone wants it.
I would love it if you aren’t going to use it. Thanks. Oh haha. This was from Thursday. Looks like I missed it.

Does anyone know when the next Kohl's charge discount starts? I have some things I want to send to my nephew and it's not enough for the free shipping and I HATE paying for shipping!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter