Kohl's no longer allows discounts on Levi's

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
As of today, the 15-30% off discounts non longer apply to Levi's.:sad: They did away with Nike last year, so I guess this isn't shocking news, but a bummer. Have the 30% and $15 kohls rewards. Levi's are BOGO 1/2 off, so was hoping to get 2 pair for DS for under $60 but not today, lol. Anyway, thought I'd post to save anyone else a trip or time on-line shopping for Levi's.

That's a bummer. Their Levi's prices are generally pretty bad without the discount. I noticed you can't use the % off on Kuerig either.

I guess they are going to do away with using discounts on name brand items, as not to take the loss. Guess it is time to buy certain things elsewhere.

I guess they are going to do away with using discounts on name brand items, as not to take the loss. Guess it is time to buy certain things elsewhere.
yeah...kohls.com/exclusions will be something I check now before planning to shop there

yeah...kohls.com/exclusions will be something I check now before planning to shop there

Offer not valid on the following merchandise: Gift Cards; Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise or other charitable items; prestige brands of cosmetics, skincare and select prestige brands of fragrance; select electronics/electrics; consumables; Nike merchandise; Levi's merchandise; select online-exclusive merchandise; products sold by Wayfair on Kohls.com; and Elf on the Shelf toys, books and DVDs. For a complete list of these merchandise exclusions, go to Kohls.com/exclusions or look for signs in our stores. Offer also not valid on price adjustments on prior purchases; payment on a Kohl’s Charge account; taxes, shipping and/or handling fees. See store for details.

Macy's doesn't allow discounts on Levis either - I wonder if it is a Levis policy, not a Kohls policy.

Most of the time this isn't the policy of the retailer, but of the brand. The brand wants to price-protect its products so they tell the retailers that they cannot accept coupons, discounts, etc. Since the brands are always the popular ones, the retailer doesn't want to drop the brand, so they abide by the policy, knowing that people will still buy those brands because they are popular. Apple does it; it's why you never find "sales" on their products. Lego does it, too. Now Nike, Levis, Addidas and other "cool" brands are doing it to boost profits. Getting mad at the retailer won't help. It's the brand you have to be mad at.

Offer not valid on the following merchandise: Gift Cards; Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise or other charitable items; prestige brands of cosmetics, skincare and select prestige brands of fragrance; select electronics/electrics; consumables; Nike merchandise; Levi's merchandise; select online-exclusive merchandise; products sold by Wayfair on Kohls.com; and Elf on the Shelf toys, books and DVDs. For a complete list of these merchandise exclusions, go to Kohls.com/exclusions or look for signs in our stores. Offer also not valid on price adjustments on prior purchases; payment on a Kohl’s Charge account; taxes, shipping and/or handling fees. See store for details.
yeah, they mean Wayfair on Kohl's.com, not that the exclusions are only on Kohls.com (is that what you mean?) I was in the store on lunch planning to grab the jeans and the manager happened to be working the register. When she scanned my 30% mailer and nothing came off, we both were like, huh? The register screen had a message stating not eligible or something like that, then I and she read the print on the back of the card and there it is...Levi's, and she said," Oh yeah, that started TODAAAAAAAYYYYYYY~sorry!"

Most of the time this isn't the policy of the retailer, but of the brand. The brand wants to price-protect its products so they tell the retailers that they cannot accept coupons, discounts, etc. Since the brands are always the popular ones, the retailer doesn't want to drop the brand, so they abide by the policy, knowing that people will still buy those brands because they are popular. Apple does it; it's why you never find "sales" on their products. Lego does it, too. Now Nike, Levis, Addidas and other "cool" brands are doing it to boost profits. Getting mad at the retailer won't help. It's the brand you have to be mad at.
I know...and our neighbor works for Kohls seasonally...so I plan to ask the next time I see her, if the associate discount of 30% is restricted on these brands.

yeah, they mean Wayfair on Kohl's.com, not that the exclusions are only on Kohls.com (is that what you mean?) I was in the store on lunch planning to grab the jeans and the manager happened to be working the register. When she scanned my 30% mailer and nothing came off, we both were like, huh? The register screen had a message stating not eligible or something like that, then I and she read the print on the back of the card and there it is...Levi's, and she said," Oh yeah, that started TODAAAAAAAYYYYYYY~sorry!"

That's just the disclaimer Kohls has on their website for their discount coupons.

JCPenny discounts their Levis a lot. Try them if you want them cheaper.

JCPenny discounts their Levis a lot. Try them if you want them cheaper.
yeah, I know they exclude Levi's too from coupons etc, but sometimes they do have a decent sale. We have a Levi's outlet store close by but their prices aren't that much lower it seams. Oh well, just another juggle needed in the financial department of my life, lol.

I'm not a fan of Kohl's but I will say this is not their choice but Nike, Levis, etc. are not allowing them to discount.

I'm not a fan of Kohl's but I will say this is not their choice but Nike, Levis, etc. are not allowing them to discount.
I know...I think they actually held out the longest in still discounting them, I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone hoping to use their discount.

I wear blue jeans every day and I have about 40 pairs.

I used to wear a pair of Levi's out once a year.

While shopping at costco I noticed they have a pair called Urban Star for 12.99 I bought 20 pairs 2 years ago and they still look brand new.

yeah, I know they exclude Levi's too from coupons etc, but sometimes they do have a decent sale. We have a Levi's outlet store close by but their prices aren't that much lower it seams. Oh well, just another juggle needed in the financial department of my life, lol.

They say they exclude and the person checking me out even said so, but the % was taken off the pair I bought last spring. I bought online the next time and no discount on them, but a decent price.

They say they exclude and the person checking me out even said so, but the % was taken off the pair I bought last spring. I bought online the next time and no discount on them, but a decent price.
glad you were able to use the discount, every little bit helps! DS pays for his clothes so I was trying to help him out ~ oh well. Good thing he lives in shorts most of the year lol

Reactions: HM
Levi's discounts their jeans. I've bought directly from their site for the same price I can get at JCP with a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!