Knight's package at BBB for girls?

The hairstyle actually ruined my son's experience. It took about an hour for him to forget about his crazy spikes (which bothered him so much I had to delete the photos of the "reveal" because he looked so sad that I couldn't handle it) and get on with sword fighting invisible foes.

The sword is the draw for being a knight - I greatly fear that my husband will be the rather visible foe fending off two mini knights!

The first guy I talked to on chat was just reading the policy which says (boys), so he wasn't sure. The first person who answered the phone at BBB didn't seem very familiar with the Knight Package at all (she was probably the cashier/phone answer-er and doesn't actually do the make-overs). But it was definitely an absolute yes when the third person got on the line who was a "stylist" at BBB.
My bad, DDhunter, I misunderstood - I thought there were only two CMs. 3 makes more sense to me.

Does anyone else note that while the question is not answered directly, the fact that the Knights Package is for boys is specifically mentioned? Without specifically precluding girls...

Sorry I see now you did get a reply. But it didn't answer the question! What a dodge of the century! You predicted as much.

Disney seems to prefer deaiing with things on a case by case basis. They will send a general, very open response so that they are not committed to anything in writing. But we've found that (usually) when we get to the parks and ask a human being, then we can discuss a way to find an answer. Since the OP's question is probably a bit unusual at this time, Disney probably doesn't have an official policy on it as of yet (but will soon if enough parents ask the same question). Thus the vague response and CMs who don't know for certain how to answer. October is a long ways away and much can happen before then. Policy can be made, can change, or some new package may be offered. The OP should go ahead and make a booking, ask CMs in person before her DD's reservation date, then go for it (having a back up plan, just in case). Things should be just fine.
Amen to that!

It took them that long to read the thread! :rotfl2: I imagine it's the sheer volume of emails they get, in all seriousness. I suppose they get an awful lot of emails asking questions that you can find the answer to on the website, making it the go-to strategy.

Yes most likely! What is your next action?

Yes most likely! What is your next action?
I now feel confident that the appointment is a good idea. I haven't booked our flights yet, though, so it will be a few weeks before I go ahead and make the appointment. Thank goodness the DLR BBB doesn't max out as quickly as the BBBs at WDW. Availability-wise, we will be there for 10 days, and it won't make much difference which day she does it, so it should all work out fine.

Thanks to everyone for the input. :butterfly

Disney seems to prefer deaiing with things on a case by case basis. They will send a general, very open response so that they are not committed to anything in writing. But we've found that (usually) when we get to the parks and ask a human being, then we can discuss a way to find an answer. Since the OP's question is probably a bit unusual at this time, Disney probably doesn't have an official policy on it as of yet (but will soon if enough parents ask the same question). Thus the vague response and CMs who don't know for certain how to answer

I would agree with that in some ways.
I have had the same vauge no response response asking which princesses are availble as cake options though, hardly something they can't commit to based on policy.

And at the same time, make a policy and stand by it. Can stuff change by October, yes sure but if you are happy to accept reservations you need to provide the information people need to choose to do so, and then stand by that information.

I would agree with that in some ways.
I have had the same vauge no response response asking which princesses are availble as cake options though, hardly something they can't commit to based on policy.

And at the same time, make a policy and stand by it. Can stuff change by October, yes sure but if you are happy to accept reservations you need to provide the information people need to choose to do so, and then stand by that information.
They're twice run out of those princess figures. Once they changed which ones were available, and the other time they stopped offering the princess cakes for several years. If you're speaking directly to the bakery I'd expect them to give an honest answer about what they think might be available. But honestly, any custom item that relies on ordered parts has always been subject to last minute unavailability at DLR. If you want a specific princess, you may be better off asking for the image on gumpaste or sugar that they offer for other characters so that you can place the order without worrying about availability.

They're twice run out of those princess figures. Once they changed which ones were available, and the other time they stopped offering the princess cakes for several years. If you're speaking directly to the bakery I'd expect them to give an honest answer about what they think might be available. But honestly, any custom item that relies on ordered parts has always been subject to last minute unavailability at DLR. If you want a specific princess, you may be better off asking for the image on gumpaste or sugar that they offer for other characters so that you can place the order without worrying about availability.

Given that they are taking the order somewhere at most 60 days out, I expect them to have that sorted. If they only have 10 Cinderella figures left then I expect them to only take 10 orders it's not rockets science.

They can also answer the general question and not ignore it completely but still protect themselves by saying something along the lines of " We currently have Cinderella, Ariel, Tiana and Aurora. Subject to availability at time of order"

I'm convinced the Linda Trump either can't be bothered to read or is just an incompetent employee. I know the content is off topic, but thought this would fit into the thread...

Here is the message I sent to Disney asking after the Easter Bunny.

"Hi,
My family will be visiting Disneyland over Easter weekend. I was
wondering if we will be able to find the Easter Bunny anywhere at the
resort? We would love to be able to get a photo of our daughter with
him.

Thanks,"

Here is the response I received today.

"Dear Lori,

Thank you for your email to the Disneyland® Resort.

Springtime is just around the corner, which means the return of the
beloved Egg-stravaganza to Disneyland Resort. This fun, egg-themed
scavenger hunt will take place from April 1-16, 2017, at Disneyland
park, Disney California Adventure park, and Downtown Disney District.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Please note all information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit."

Given that they are taking the order somewhere at most 60 days out, I expect them to have that sorted. If they only have 10 Cinderella figures left then I expect them to only take 10 orders it's not rockets science.

They can also answer the general question and not ignore it completely but still protect themselves by saying something along the lines of " We currently have Cinderella, Ariel, Tiana and Aurora. Subject to availability at time of order"
That's not how any business operates. They take orders based on the assumed availability of the components until they're not available anymore. They're not going to tell someone on the 1st that they can't have a Cinderella cake on the 10th because someone has a cake ordered on the 20th and a Cinderella part might become unavailable. Anyway, Disney has made it clear for years that they will make guests jump through hoops for cake orders by not making the information easily available and that they don't care by not returning calls or email inquiries. Order at your own risk, but don't be surprised when you get the same crappy service they've become known for in this aspect.

I'm convinced the Linda Trump either can't be bothered to read or is just an incompetent employee. I know the content is off topic, but thought this would fit into the thread...

"Hi,
him.

Thanks,"

"Dear Lori,

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland® Resort

This is amazing. Wow.

"Hi,
him.

Thanks,"

"Dear Lori,

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland® Resort

We should have a competition.
Every email with a random enquiry of any sort.
1st person to get their question genuinely answer led wins.
Go!

I now feel confident that the appointment is a good idea. I haven't booked our flights yet, though, so it will be a few weeks before I go ahead and make the appointment. Thank goodness the DLR BBB doesn't max out as quickly as the BBBs at WDW. Availability-wise, we will be there for 10 days, and it won't make much difference which day she does it, so it should all work out fine.

Thanks to everyone for the input. :butterfly

I am glad you now feel confident about the BBB. Two little cute girls with their knight gear!

We should have a competition.
Every email with a random enquiry of any sort.
1st person to get their question genuinely answer led wins.
Go!

I'm in! I once asked them about a DAS card and was sent a map of where all the Guest relations were. How useful...

I might ask them. How many animals at AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter