• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Knight's package at BBB for girls?

DD2, certainly, and the no under-threes has been explained to me as a liability issue. They don't allow it because at that age, the child might fall from the chair they sit in for the hairstyling and the make up application

They sit in the exact same chair for Knight.

The sword and shield are the Prince Philip set. They are foam. Easily available, last I saw, right outside the bbb area.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want to commit publicly to a position in case it were interpreted as a gender politics position. :ssst: I am not aiming for any political statement, just a fun Disney experience. If they could join 'Peter's pirate crew' with Jake and Izzy, they would be just as happy. Coincidentally, that also involves swords. :rolleyes2 My 4 year old plays ALL the roles from Jake and the Neverland Pirates - simultaneously. Her younger sister is just always deputised for whichever game it is, whether princesses, pirates or knights. :flower1:

I wouldn't even put as much stock in it as that, as we are in NZ we avoid calling to get info.
I emailed them last trip to ask which options there are for the advertised princess cakes and they just copy and paste the info from their website that doesn't actually answer the question.
The just look at the general keyword in your case BBB or maybe Knights Package and will send you details on it without answering whether a girl can do it at all.

The main reason I could see for them not allowing it is financial. The Knight package is much cheaper than the princess packages. So they may not want to encourage girls to go this route. The other would be the potential that a boy might want the princess package and if you allow one you have to allow the other. So it is possible they could say no, just as a blanket policy. IE they must be three and they must be a boy.

What would be the problem if boys wanted the princess package?

I wouldn't even put as much stock in it as that, as we are in NZ we avoid calling to get info.
I emailed them last trip to ask which options there are for the advertised princess cakes and they just copy and paste the info from their website that doesn't actually answer the question.
The just look at the general keyword in your case BBB or maybe Knights Package and will send you details on it without answering whether a girl can do it at all.
You would think it would be almost as much effort to do that as answer the question, don't you think? :tongue:

You would think it would be almost as much effort to do that as answer the question, don't you think? :tongue:

I know!
And it really frustrates me because we have had it a lot about various questions on various subjects (one was actually about what was included at BBB from the photopass), it's been many years and I am yet to get a straight up answer to a basic question via email.

I know!
And it really frustrates me because we have had it a lot about various questions on various subjects (one was actually about what was included at BBB from the photopass), it's been many years and I am yet to get a straight up answer to a basic question via email.
It explains why internationals like us ask our questions here, eh? ::yes::

It is interesting that it is cheaper to get the sword and the shield cheaper inside the package than separately. I don't expect anything but being able to purchase the sword and shield for DD2 and maybe some pixie dust - that's all I meant about her being able to participate - I am sorry I wasn't clear. Like a lot of little sisters, she just wants to be like her big sister. Since her sister won't be getting gelled or styled either (her hair is waist-length, so I don't go anywhere without putting it up before we go), it will be a very similar experience just to get the props. DD4 will get to talk to a FGIT, which is part of the draw of attempting the knight's package over just buying props for both girls, but DD2 is too shy for talking to strangers anyway, so I think it will work out.

Thanks for all the input, folks. It will sure be interesting! I will be quite sad if DD4 is prevented on gender grounds, but she will not be exposed to the possibility. A discreet double-check before the appointment time should eliminate doubt - and if they cancel at the last minute, another child will get a shot at the BBB - which might make their day a bit more magical. :)

Any word from the mouse yet?

The people that answer the questions likely aren't at the parks. Just like for wdw. All they have is the website. Sad but almost certainly true.

Any word from the mouse yet?
No, not yet. As Bumbershoot says, it is probably sitting in an email queue in the email equivalent of a call centre unnoticed as yet while it waits its turn.

But wouldn't it be funny if this is how it rolled out... The email hit Disney's inbox. Their sophisticated key word filter lit up the red mouse alert which casts a Batman-like Mickey silhouette on the otherwise dark subterranean Mousecave. Red lights started flashing and and a siren started up - the mouse alert plays the Mouseketeer tune, of course; and the staff come running to see why the alarm has been activated.

"Hot dog! We've got a curly one!" Says the operator.

"Hmmm," Murmurs the supervisor, worriedly. (Supervisors wear silver ear hats to be easily spotted in the sea of black operator ear hats.) "Did you check the Mousekerules?"

"Yes," says the operator excitedly. "No policy is documented either on the website or in the Mousekerules."

"This will have to go up to Mousequarters. I will use the emergency Mousekephone," the supervisor says determinedly, then smashes the glass case surrounding the black Mousekephone, to the collective gasps of all the operators.

In the small apartment above the fire station in Disneyland, a hand reaches out to answer the ringing black Mickey Mousekephone.

"Mr Iger, sir, we have a problem. A little girl wants to be a knight at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the question has been raised in writing. We haven't Mousekerules for this! What do we say?"

"I haven't had my Mousekecoffee yet, and I am still in my Mousekejamas. Call legal - I want a meeting of the Fab 5 in Club 33 at noon. Make it happen."

That noon, Disney's crack legal team, the Fab 5, are duly assembled in Club 33. When Mr Iger arrives, the briefing begins.

"Sir, legally, we cannot prevent the child on legal grounds without risking a lawsuit under US Code Title 42, Chapter 21," begins the lawyer in the Goofy ear hat.

"We have done the mousekenalysis, sir, and if this becomes a trend, sir, we stand to lose a Mousekemillion a month in lost princess revenue in the BBB," adds the lawyer in the Donald ear hat.

"You told me we would never have to deal with this - that all little girls just want to be princesses - how did this happen?" asked Mr Iger in bewilderment.

"The child is from Down Under, sir - everything seems to be a bit topsy turvy down there - though we have yet to establish whether water drains in the opposite direction to here," adds the lawyer in the Minnie ear hat.

"From Down Under - no problem!" exclaims Mr Iger. "Why wasn't I told this before? There's no problem here - they don't speak American down there. Have your people draft a suitably vague email, making sure you don't mention gender at all, and refer the guest back to the website - it is bound to work!"

Back in the subterranean Mousecave, the instruction comes back, and is immediately carried out.

Greetings from the Disneyland® Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

For an explanation of the services available, please refer to our online resources at:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/au/shopping/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon. Have a magical day!

Sincerely,

Mouse X
Director, Guest Experience Services

P.S. Which direction DOES water drain away down there, clockwise or anticlockwise?

"Mr Iger, sir, we have a problem. A little girl wants to be a knight at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the question has been raised in writing. We haven't Mousekerules for this! What do we say?"

"Put nothing in writing ever! We don't ever want to commit to a position on anything in case someone holds us to it"
"Yes sir"

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

For an explanation of the services available, please refer to our online resources at:

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon. Have a magical day!

This is scary accurate to what you will get back.

No, not yet. As Bumbershoot says, it is probably sitting in an email queue in the email equivalent of a call centre unnoticed as yet while it waits its turn.

But wouldn't it be funny if this is how it rolled out... The email hit Disney's inbox. Their sophisticated key word filter lit up the red mouse alert which casts a Batman-like Mickey silhouette on the otherwise dark subterranean Mousecave. Red lights started flashing and and a siren started up - the mouse alert plays the Mouseketeer tune, of course; and the staff come running to see why the alarm has been activated.

"Hot dog! We've got a curly one!" Says the operator.

"Hmmm," Murmurs the supervisor, worriedly. (Supervisors wear silver ear hats to be easily spotted in the sea of black operator ear hats.) "Did you check the Mousekerules?"

"Yes," says the operator excitedly. "No policy is documented either on the website or in the Mousekerules."

"This will have to go up to Mousequarters. I will use the emergency Mousekephone," the supervisor says determinedly, then smashes the glass case surrounding the black Mousekephone, to the collective gasps of all the operators.

In the small apartment above the fire station in Disneyland, a hand reaches out to answer the ringing black Mickey Mousekephone.

"I haven't had my Mousekecoffee yet, and I am still in my Mousekejamas. Call legal - I want a meeting of the Fab 5 in Club 33 at noon. Make it happen."

That noon, Disney's crack legal team, the Fab 5, are duly assembled in Club 33. When Mr Iger arrives, the briefing begins.

"Sir, legally, we cannot prevent the child on legal grounds without risking a lawsuit under US Code Title 42, Chapter 21," begins the lawyer in the Goofy ear hat.

"We have done the mousekenalysis, sir, and if this becomes a trend, sir, we stand to lose a Mousekemillion a month in lost princess revenue in the BBB," adds the lawyer in the Donald ear hat.

"You told me we would never have to deal with this - that all little girls just want to be princesses - how did this happen?" asked Mr Iger in bewilderment.

"The child is from Down Under, sir - everything seems to be a bit topsy turvy down there - though we have yet to establish whether water drains in the opposite direction to here," adds the lawyer in the Minnie ear hat.

"From Down Under - no problem!" exclaims Mr Iger. "Why wasn't I told this before? There's no problem here - they don't speak American down there. Have your people draft a suitably vague email, making sure you don't mention gender at all, and refer the guest back to the website - it is bound to work!"

Back in the subterranean Mousecave, the instruction comes back, and is immediately carried out.

Sincerely,

Mouse X
Director, Guest Experience Services

P.S. Which direction DOES water drain away down there, clockwise or anticlockwise?

Lol that was so funny! That had me blowimg a fuse! It would not surprise me at all to get that response. Too hard point them at a link...

My 5yo granddaughter would rather be a pirate too. So I tried an online "chat" and Troy said, "probably not, it's just for boys." But he gave me the number for BBB to double check and they said, "Well that's a good question. I don't know." So, I got put on hold for a few minutes and she came back and said "ABSOLUTELY, of course she can be a knight, it's DISNEYLAND." And of course she told me to have a Magical Day. Hope this helps.

My 5yo granddaughter would rather be a pirate too. So I tried an online "chat" and Troy said, "probably not, it's just for boys." But he gave me the number for BBB to double check and they said, "Well that's a good question. I don't know." So, I got put on hold for a few minutes and she came back and said "ABSOLUTELY, of course she can be a knight, it's DISNEYLAND." And of course she told me to have a Magical Day. Hope this helps.
DDhunter, :worship:you are my hero. :thanks: That is so good of you to chase it up for us. My daughter is going to be thrilled! She will be a princess, a pirate, and a knight in the time we are there - though with the pirate, I think I might be on my own!

DDhunter, :worship:you are my hero. :thanks: That is so good of you to chase it up for us. My daughter is going to be thrilled! She will be a princess, a pirate, and a knight in the time we are there - though with the pirate, I think I might be on my own!

What time of year are you visiting?
I don't think they had it last year but they have had Pirates Leauge in previous years, it's a shame though the have only done it at Halloween time.
It is such a shame that they don't have it year round like WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter