Kitchen Faucet install price?

Tina

Tagless and bitter about it
Last night my kitchen faucet broke and I had to replace it. I called Roto Rooter because I wasn't sure who to call (they were the first to pop in my head). They did the installation for $259 ($289 less a $30 online coupon). I'm sure I way overpaid. So I'm just curious, what would an average price have been for a kitchen faucet install?

Not sure. Last time I changed my faucet muself. I bought a new one at Home Depot and did it. I have a basic sink - no disposal or hand sprayer.

I think you probably could have done it yourself. It's a fairly easy job.

We just had to replace ours and we have the hand sprayer as well. My DH did it and all we had to buy was the new faucet. He also fixed my neighbors, which was going to cost them 85 for the new faucet and 150 for the plumber to put it in. It was pretty simple to do.

No. I could not have put it in myself. I'm not skilled in that area and my only tools are a hammer and a screw driver. LOL

I work for a plumbing company. We charge between $126-$200. Did they replace the trap and supply lines? You might have overpaid but probably not by too much. I see your in the NoVa area and we're out of the DC Metro area so the prices are probably about the same-this is an expensive area to live.

Thanks Lindal. I'm sure I overpaid, too, but they did come out nearly right away (about an hour after I called), so that was nice. They did not replace the supply lines. At first, he wanted to sell me flexible hoses to replace the copper until I mentioned that I thought they came with the faucet (and I was right!). So that saved me a few bucks. However, Roto-Rooter's install price is the same for labor no matter what the situation. Of course, they'll charge extra for parts, if they can. And yes, things are expensive here. I've been lucky enough to find good people in other repair areas, but I've yet to find a good, affordable plumber.

I JUST got back from Lowes... I'm pretty sure the sign said $92 for installation of the faucet. We bought a new one today and I'm 99% sure that is what the sign said.

I JUST got back from Lowes... I'm pretty sure the sign said $92 for installation of the faucet. We bought a new one today and I'm 99% sure that is what the sign said.

Oh man, I missed that! I bought the faucet at Lowe's. DOH!
But.... Lowe's probably would have taken a lot longer to send someone out.

How much were the faucets? I need a new one and the prices have seemed :scared1:

Faucet prices are all over the map, depending on what you're looking for. Some as low as $78. Some as high at $399. You can browse your local Lowe's on their website by setting your location. I went mid-range and spent $188.

How much were the faucets? I need a new one and the prices have seemed :scared1:

Probably. I'm not sure, we're going to attempt it ourselves so I didn't ask. By ourselves I mean we're going to buy my Dad (the engineer and our go-to guy!) a beer and smile really big. :rotfl:

We spent $108... but I never thought to look online. I just did and the reviews of the one we bought are so-so. So we'll be going back and getting another now that I read that.

Ugh. I'm picky and I liked this one.... I'm not wild about the ones that have the pull out from the actual faucet as the sprayer. It just doesn't seem like it would work to me and I see it breaking. There aren't a lot of options for a faucet without that, though. :headache:

I forget what our faucet cost? But we used a handyman service for installation and it was $60/hr...didn't take longer than an hour though. This is a construction co. that we used to remoldel our kitchen 10 yrs ago and they have a handyman service that will send the guys out on jobs when not busy.

WAIT!!!

YOU bought the faucet and they charged $250 just to take out the old one and put in the faucet you supplied?????????

You were totally ripped off. How long were they there? Even with point-to-point travel time it shouldn't have taken more than an hour. You paid a $100+ too much.

No. I could not have put it in myself. I'm not skilled in that area and my only tools are a hammer and a screw driver. LOL

My only tools are a hammer and a screw driver also and I just changed the headgasket in my car with them ($900 at the shop or less than $100 in parts, a hammer, a screwdriver, and some time, hehehe)

Surely to save $259 in labor charges, you could purchase a $3.95 wrench. That's quite a labor charge because it should take less than an hour to put a faucet in....

Going rate for a good plumber here is $120 per hour and up. Some also have a trip charge ($60 to $80), which covers the first 15 minutes. So $259 doesn't sound completely outrageous to me! A bit high, but not totally outrageous!

While I know how to change a faucet, physically I can't do it. So I'm stuck with a plumber or handyman.

Hi everyone,
I just bought a new condo and wanted change by kitchen faucet and also install Insta hot with dispenser in sink

Before I had single lever builder special faucet with sprayer on the right and the metal plate covering other two holes I'm not using

I bought the following items myself at Furgyson Plumbing and Electrical supply house
a) New Moen Arbor high spout touchless faucet with built in sprayer all in the faucet which comes down and then auto retracts
b) A new newport brass instahotwater tank, and insta hot faucet

First of all; I should mention I had to hold the faucets while he tightened them.

The guy got there at 2PM, didn't start till 3PM and left at 7PM...gave me the price before he started and then about 5:30PM he turned the water on to the insta tank and it leaked.

He told me he was going to charge to come back but I told him I will never use him again if he charges me the job is still not done..

I spent over a week trying to find a plumber that would show up and be reasonable and reliable

I live in Morris County.....

If anyone knows a reasonable plumber in my area ; I don't want to use this guy again I thought maybe the job should cost 300-350 Max.

:idea:

Faucet prices are all over the map, depending on what you're looking for. Some as low as $78. Some as high at $399. You can browse your local Lowe's on their website by setting your location. I went mid-range and spent $188.

We are in the middle of a remodel.
My bathroom faucets were $349 each for just the faucet. We went with the low end, life time guarantee on the insides and finish model. Some of the artsy faucets are well over $1,000.

Sounds about right for a professional plumber.

Me personally I would search out friends/family for folks in the trades that will moonlight doing this kind of stuff.

Even a local handyman.

I know when I card out I will be doing handyman side work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter