Kids weekend

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me about kids weekend? With Disney doing all after hours events for Halloween and Christmas we won’t be able to take our toddler. He’s currently 14 months so we’re looking at seaworld for something different.

What about the Halloween and Christmas events? Not sure which would be best for him. We haven’t been to any of them

Both Christmas and Halloween events are great for toddlers. I'm not sure if it's specifically called Kids Weekend, but the Halloween Spooktacular is great for kids. Your little one will be able to trick or treat on the Halloween trail. They have all sorts of Halloween themed, but not too scary decorations, dance parties, special Halloween themed shows/roaming street entertainers, photo ops. During Covid, the workers at the treat stations sent the candies down a tube, while the kiddos held their bag up to the bottom of the tube for contactless/social distancing treating. Seaworld is really good for the younger set with all the animals and Sesame Street area. Christmas time is just beautiful with Christmas themed shows. I love the ice skating show and all the lights around the park. My Favorite show is O' Wonderous Night, but they had a replacement for it last year due to Covid. They have a Christmas market that have games and entertainment, plus last year they had a walk through Rudolf area with story scenes and character meets.

Both Christmas and Halloween events are great for toddlers. I'm not sure if it's specifically called Kids Weekend, but the Halloween Spooktacular is great for kids. Your little one will be able to trick or treat on the Halloween trail. They have all sorts of Halloween themed, but not too scary decorations, dance parties, special Halloween themed shows/roaming street entertainers, photo ops. During Covid, the workers at the treat stations sent the candies down a tube, while the kiddos held their bag up to the bottom of the tube for contactless/social distancing treating. Seaworld is really good for the younger set with all the animals and Sesame Street area. Christmas time is just beautiful with Christmas themed shows. I love the ice skating show and all the lights around the park. My Favorite show is O' Wonderous Night, but they had a replacement for it last year due to Covid. They have a Christmas market that have games and entertainment, plus last year they had a walk through Rudolf area with story scenes and character meets.
It says they’re having a Sesame Street kids weekend in November so that’s what I was asking about.

Christmas sounds amazing! Do you think one day is enough to see/do everything? We live an hour away so I’m not sure if we should just go for the day or try to do two days. We may need to stay somewhere so Ds can nap.

I’m sad about not doing Disney for Christmas but they made it not family friendly this year 😕

It says they’re having a Sesame Street kids weekend in November so that’s what I was asking about.

I'm sorry, I don't know and haven't heard too much about the Kid's Weekend. Going to the Seaworld site, they advertise dance parties, story time and Sesame Street characters. During normal times, there's character meet and greats, recently restarted parade in the Sesame Street land area. Currently there is the Elmo Rocks show in the Nautilus theater. Going by that, it seems the addition is the dance party and story time. I don't know if you need to plan specifically around Kid's Weekend to go. Seeing it's a weekend after the Halloween Spooktacular wind down and prior to the ramp up of the Christmas at Seaworld Celebration, I tend to think it's a little bit of a minor affair. However, any day is a great day for young ones at Seaworld and if that weekend works for your schedule, there will be the added bonus of Kid's Weekend, which may have a few extra activities.

You say you live an hour away, so you may want to consider an annual pass or fun card. They are very reasonably priced and if you are able to make even 2 visits, you will surely get your money's worth. One day is enough to see most things. There are lots of discounts if you purchase online. You can always upgrade to a fun card before you leave if you think you need an extra day, or want to come back in the future.

I'm sorry, I don't know and haven't heard too much about the Kid's Weekend. Going to the Seaworld site, they advertise dance parties, story time and Sesame Street characters. During normal times, there's character meet and greats, recently restarted parade in the Sesame Street land area. Currently there is the Elmo Rocks show in the Nautilus theater. Going by that, it seems the addition is the dance party and story time. I don't know if you need to plan specifically around Kid's Weekend to go. Seeing it's a weekend after the Halloween Spooktacular wind down and prior to the ramp up of the Christmas at Seaworld Celebration, I tend to think it's a little bit of a minor affair. However, any day is a great day for young ones at Seaworld and if that weekend works for your schedule, there will be the added bonus of Kid's Weekend, which may have a few extra activities.

You say you live an hour away, so you may want to consider an annual pass or fun card. They are very reasonably priced and if you are able to make even 2 visits, you will surely get your money's worth. One day is enough to see most things. There are lots of discounts if you purchase online. You can always upgrade to a fun card before you leave if you think you need an extra day, or want to come back in the future.
I think we’ll skip kids weekend. It doesn’t sound like there’s enough offered to make a trip over for it. I’m thinking we’ll do Christmas instead of Halloween because we’re already doing Disney in September (but no Halloween event). That’s a good point about the AP. We most likely will get it if we end up going to seaworld. I’ll have to talk to Dh and see what we want to do

During normal times, there's character meet and greats, recently restarted parade in the Sesame Street land area. Currently there is the Elmo Rocks show in the Nautilus theater. Going by that, it seems the addition is the dance party and story time.

Thanks for this post and answers. I have a follow up question.

My girlfriend and I are grown-ups. We’ve made our rounds of Disney and Universal over the years. We are now looking forward to meeting the Sesame Street gang.

Our travel dates mean we can visit Seaword / Sesame Street on a normal Friday November 4th, or on Kid’s Day Saturday November 5th.

I’d be interested in the Kid’s Day extras but am concerned the website says “hosting a party just for kids”. I can’t tell if that means specifically the ‘dance party’ or the event in general. I also can’t tell if that is rhetorical marketing speak, or if some things will indeed be off limits to adults with no kids.

It’d be a shame if activities are restricted to kids, or kids with parents… especially if they are things we could have done on a normal day.

So, the question is… should two grown-ups visit Sesame Street on a normal Friday? Or a Kid’s Day Saturday?

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/sesame-kids-weekends/

Thanks for this post and answers. I have a follow up question.

My girlfriend and I are grown-ups. We’ve made our rounds of Disney and Universal over the years. We are now looking forward to meeting the Sesame Street gang.

Our travel dates mean we can visit Seaword / Sesame Street on a normal Friday November 4th, or on Kid’s Day Saturday November 5th.

I’d be interested in the Kid’s Day extras but am concerned the website says “hosting a party just for kids”. I can’t tell if that means specifically the ‘dance party’ or the event in general. I also can’t tell if that is rhetorical marketing speak, or if some things will indeed be off limits to adults with no kids.

It’d be a shame if activities are restricted to kids, or kids with parents… especially if they are things we could have done on a normal day.

So, the question is… should two grown-ups visit Sesame Street on a normal Friday? Or a Kid’s Day Saturday?

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/sesame-kids-weekends/
I'd do Friday. From our SW experience, weekdays are less crowded and more enjoyable, though there are fewer shows and parades. Still, there's a meet and greet area with 2 characters at a time there, and 1 float at a time comes out and the character dances and meets with families. Plus ride lines are sooo much shorter on weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter