Kidani Village Rocked! Our Trip Report

I enjoyed reading your trip report. I am really looking forward to our stay there this July. I am sure we wil love it just as much. I am glad you had such a nice trip. :goodvibes

Great trip report! Makes our October trip seem so very very far away!

I can't wait to read more!:)

Wow! Kidani really turned you into a party animal! (Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!)

Sorry... couldn't resist....

Kathy

Hopefully everybody's upcoming trips will be as great as ours. It was so great we want to add-on. If we can get the economy to turn we just might be looking for another 120 point contract.

Our second day should speed up a bit since the first day was packed with action. The second day was a bit more relaxing.

After such a fun night we slept in until about 9 but had to rush out the door because I had set up a 50 minute Swedish Massage at the Saratoga Springs Spa for my wife. Of course using the DVC discount it was a bit less expensive, but costly nonetheless. Here's the link to the spa if anybody is interested: http://www.relaxedyet.com/ss_treatments.asp

Since I had some time to kill I went over to Downtown Disney to catch the 10:05 showing of "Earth" at the AMC Theaters. Not too many people were in the theater at that time so I got to enjoy a relaxing movie. I may have even nodded off just a bit. The theater itself is really nice with a good steep angle of seating so nobody will have a head directly in front of them, even kids.

After the movie I swung by the Hess gasstation directly across from DTD to pick up some personal sized pizzas for lunch and headed back to Saratoga Springs to pick up my wife. According to her the massage was very nice and the Spa was great. The only problem she had was cutting herself while shaving her legs. LOL, they wanted to call the paramedics... "For Free". Well she didn't go for that and after applying a bandaid she was fine. Other than that she enjoyed the Spa, but thought it was a bit overpriced.

We walked over to the pool area at Saratoga and ate our lunch. There were these really intelligent blackbirds hanging around the pool who loved our pizza crumbs. OK, I know we shouldn't feed them, but they were so interesting.

After lunch we headed over to the Contemporary Resort to rent a boat. As we were heading in I mentioned to my wife that originally the rooms in the Contemp. were put together like drawers in a cabinet that slide in and out. Unfortunately through the years the building has settled unevenly and the rooms cannot be slipped out for refurbishment. Her response to that was, "Are they safe?" :lmao:

The marina is located on the back side of the CR near the Sand Bar on Bay Lake. I was originally going to rent a Montouk boat until I saw the small pontoon boats cost the same ($45 per half hour) and the guy working there said the pontoon are better. With the DVC discount you get 10% off the rentals (that applies at any marina at WDW)
Here I am behind the Contemprorary at some Mickey symbol:
Disneymay09_20090502_0650.jpg

The Cast Member asked if I had ever driven a boat to which I said yes, eventhough truth is I hadn't. I'm pretty much a motorhead so I can drive anything with a wheel. Well, even if you have no experience driving those pontoon boats are really easy to navigate. Super easy actually. First thing we did was tool around Bay Lake:

The CM who got us going:
Disneymay09_20090502_0655.jpg

I'm sailing!!!
Disneymay09_20090502_0660.jpg

Looking back at the Contemporary and BLT from Bay Lake:
Disneymay09_20090502_0657.jpg

The now abandoned River Country water park:
Disneymay09_20090502_0664.jpg

Then we went through the canal that takes us over to Seven Seas Lagoon:
Disneymay09_20090502_0668.jpg

What a great view you get of the Magic Kingdom. And yes, you could hear the music coming from Main Street:
Disneymay09_20090502_0673.jpg

Disneymay09_20090502_0676.jpg

What fun!

We've rented the little water mice, but the pontoon looked like it was very relaxing way to cruise around the waterways. :thumbsup2

Funny about the spa staff wanting to call paramedics for a shaving nick! :rotfl:

Kathy

P.S. I would kill my hubby if he posted a picture of me in a bathing suit!!!

I stopped the pontoon and we just floated out there taking it all in. It was so nice and relaxing. We then headed past the Grand Floridian and the Poly.
Disneymay09_20090502_0678.jpg

Disneymay09_20090502_0684.jpg

One last zoom past the Magic Kingdom and back to Bay Lake where we did a lap around Adventure Island, which is now a bird sanctuary. However, the remenants of what it used to be are still there:
Disneymay09_20090502_0690.jpg

It's so weird looking at old theme park stuff that is abandoned because you can just imagine all the people, families, and kids that passed through those areas and all the memories that were made.
Disneymay09_20090502_0700.jpg

It was no problem bringing the pontoon back to the dock as the CM was right there waiting for us. We disembarked and went over to pay the bill. It was funny because the CM behind the counter asked us, "Wow, you must have really enjoyed that because you were out there for an hour and a half!". He made us feel like we were the couple that took the longest cruise ever!! I suppose at those prices they don't get many people staying out there more than an hour. I have to say it was totally worth it though as it gives you a different look at a bunch of different areas.

Instead of heading back to the pool at Kidani, we decided to just use the pool at the Contemporary (was not busy at all). It was really nice since we found a couple of lounge chairs under an umbrella right next to Bay Lake on the beach. We sat there and relaxed, enjoyed the sun, and made some cellphone calls.

By now it was almost 4:30 and time to head back to our room. Upon entering our room we were greeted with a great little surprise of beautiful love swans and a congratulation photo from Minnie and Mickey:
Disneymay09_20090502_0705.jpg

Disneymay09_20090502_0706.jpg

What an absolutely great touch and that is what I call some Disney magic. Very very nice on their part.

Well, more to come!! Glad everyone is enjoying our trip report

What fun!

We've rented the little water mice, but the pontoon looked like it was very relaxing way to cruise around the waterways. :thumbsup2

Funny about the spa staff wanting to call paramedics for a shaving nick! :rotfl:

Kathy

P.S. I would kill my hubby if he posted a picture of me in a bathing suit!!!

Oh, I hope she doesn't kill me. It's not like it's a bikini, plus she looks good in her bathing suit.

Oh, I hope she doesn't kill me. It's not like it's a bikini, plus she looks good in her bathing suit.

I had the same thought as Kathy, but I hope she doesn't get to you before you finish the trip reports as I'm enjoying them. :lmao:

Sounds like you guys had a relaxing and really enjoyable day. Love the little surprise you came back to. ;)

Thank you for the TR. We will be staying at the Kidani May 30-June 6. This will be our first trip with kids age 7 and 8 and first vacation in 5 1/2 years since our last adoption trip to China. We can't wait to take our girls..uh, princesses to WDW. :yay:
It was great to see the pictures and hear about Kidani. I can't wait! We have a Savana Studio room too, so I really appreciated the pictures.

Sad News- The TR had to be discontinued.
Lugnut was injured in a bizarre laundering accident. He was found with a womens bathing suit lodged firmly in his throat!!

Jim

Hey, I'm still alive and I havn't been bonked on the head. I only took one day off from doing the trip report.

I think the last thing that has happened in this trip report was the special gift that Mickey and Minnie gave us. After getting ready for dinner we decided to check out a restaurant that Kevin from the Dis Podcast had recommended Pei Wei. Pei Wei is Asian restaurant (my wife loves Chinese food) located off property on Osceola Parkway. Here's the interesting thing I didn't know until I got in the car and programmed it into our GPS unit, Osceola Pkwy literally ends at the lobby of Kidani Village. That's right, the road that heads into Jambo and Kidani is Osceola Pkwy. It's not really a short drive there, around 12 miles if I remember right, but you can still get there quicker than going anywhere with Disney Transportation . Also Osceola turns into a toll road so they charge $1.75 each way. It is located in a mall area along with a Bonefish Grill

However the food at Pei Wei is exceptional and service was fast. We had two appetizers and two meals, which ended up being way too much food. The total bill for both of us was just over $30 and you don't have to leave a tip. A similar meal at Nine Dragons in Epcot would have cost around $70, so the savings outside can be pretty large even if you have to pay 3.75 in tolls. Another reason we went was to check it out for this August when there will be 8 of us. I figure we can eat there for under $10 each. Here's the website if you want to check them out: http://www.peiwei.com/

I don't have any photos because I didn't bring my camera along that night. I didn't feel like carrying it, so no photos until tomorrow when I take you to Epcot.

After getting full at Pei Wei we decided to stop at Downtown Disney and walk some of our food off. We caught the whole Celebrate Today show in the Pleasure Island area, which I didn't care for too much. Honestly, it was kind of lame and that whole Pleasure Island area is dead. I know they are trying and the stilt walkers were cool, but it's a really poor substitute for the Adventurers Club.

We then crossed over to the West Side and caught a really good trio called Novo Era that plays a fusion of classical and modern music. We sat through the whole set and by far they are the best act going at DTD. WOW, I can't say enough about them. They attracted a good size crowd. You can check out their website at: http://www.novaeramusic.com/index.html

After that it was time to head over to Port Orleans Riverside where I got to catch one of my favorite acts, Yehaa Bob Jackson. Bob is incredibly talented and has a great sing along show for all ages. I love the show so much I bought the CD and keep listening to it over and over. It was so cool because Bob came over and asked where my wife was from during his break. He then proceeded to play the song Malaguena on his piano, and he hit it. Wow, it brough a tear to my eye listening to that song. Here is Bob's website: http://www.yehaabob.com/

I guess this just goes to show you that it's not necessary to go to the parks to have a great time.

After singing and having a couple of beers (2 beers in 2 hours is OK) it was time head back to the hotel. Our plan was to get up early to make it to Epcot at opening, but that wasn't going to happen. Which is OK, as you'll see in the next installment because I am going to show you a photo that will blow you away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter